We Recommend

• ThatsWhatSheSaid - April 29, 2010 10:24 p.m.

any love for the Sniper Wolf Battle, thought that one was top-notch, also The Fury was good yeah, der shall be no mention of Fatman though, agreed?
  • RebornKusabi - April 29, 2010 10:08 p.m.

My favorite boss fight was thankfully mentioned; the Rex vs. Ray fight was insanely fun and it's seriously hands-down my absolute favorite boss fight in the 23 (14-16 if you wanna be technical) years I have been playing video games. Loved it, love the entire series and I absolutely love the fact that this site is giving the series more love than it usually gets.
  • lovinmyps3 - April 29, 2010 9:58 p.m.

That's why I love Metal Gear. They have the best boss fights. Them and Zelda. Metal Gear is more original though. reCAPTCHA: disaffected visioned
  • fgdfgdghfghftghfg - April 29, 2010 9:25 p.m.

GET ANYTHING FROM AMAZON.COM FOR FREE!! AT http://www.points2shop.com/splash/gamers?ref=uin1250350081
  • Gobblemeister - April 29, 2010 9:16 p.m.

Armored Core could learn something from the REX V Ray battle. Just a thought
  • mrhappydude - April 29, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Mgs is just fantastic for boss fights,there's just so many quility ones to choose from. It really frustrates me when games make you fight the same boss over and over like dmc or more recently bayonetta. Just bugs me.
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 29, 2010 8:43 p.m.

@Satu No, what's tomorrow? Is it MGS related?
  • Wolverine08 - April 29, 2010 8:14 p.m.

I found that the boss battle at the end of MGS4 was possibly the most therapeutic battle ever, after that endless crawl through the tunnel hammering triangle, very painful and i still haven't recovered
  • Satu - April 29, 2010 8:01 p.m.

Do you know what tomorrow is, Jack? (Please tell me that's why you decided to post this article today. Pretty, pretty please.)
  • skimm - April 29, 2010 7:41 p.m.

the fight with liquid in mgs4 also had your name and health bar look change after every segment. great article btw, i love the metal gear solid series.
  • skynetiscoming - April 29, 2010 7:38 p.m.

YES! The final fight with Liquid on top of Outer Haven was sad as all hell and intensly exciting at the same time. I almost teared up as the music peaked and Liquid and Snake plunger syringes into each other's necks and life bars filled up. Simply awesome!
  • gilgamesh310 - April 29, 2010 6:36 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid truly had some of the most memorable boss battles ever. I would have included the battle with gray fox in the original too though. He came out with some brilliant lines during the fight and was brilliantly voice acted. Another game that should get mention however is the vastly underrated killer 7. There was some ingenious boss battles in that game that were in a way similar to MGS's
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 29, 2010 6:20 p.m.

Yea, not hating on Liquid as the choice for 4 but the Easter Eggs in the Screaming Mantis boss fight were also a great tribute to the previous games, though more 2 particular bosses than the main bad guy.
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 29, 2010 6:12 p.m.

I think The Sorrow should also be pointed out, that was amazing because based on the number of enemies you killed you either had a very tough fight or a very easy one. Also the Beauty & The Beast Unit were very well designed because they combined the animals of the first games bosses, the weapons of the second games bosses and the emotions of the third games bosses, a great tribute to all of Snake's previous battles as well as a fantastic swan song
  • wrapdump - April 29, 2010 6:11 p.m.

Of course when it comes to The End, you can just snipe him when he's being wheeled inside a base just after collecting the Dragunov sniper. Not only does this mean you don't have to fight him or mess with your clock, it makes him EXPLODE as well. Most excellent.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 29, 2010 5:53 p.m.

the rex vs. ray battle was amazingly satisfying over and over. i liked the snake vs. liquid fist fight at the end of 4 but on my second playthrough on big boss hard it was the hardest part of the game i died too many times. but the music for that fight was great.
  • usedforglue - April 29, 2010 4:52 p.m.

The Fury battle was awesome!
  • DasavageJ - April 29, 2010 4:14 p.m.

The battle with Liquid at the end had more than just music changes the animation style(as in the way they move) and the way they moved also payed homage to the other games. It was absolute genius. @Breener: Yeah that battle was pretty cool in the tower overlooking Paris(I think it was Paris, its been a while). @GR: Amazing article I loved every second of the read(except for what I pointed out haha).
  • breener96 - April 29, 2010 3:50 p.m.

Yeah, there's something so special about MGS boss battles and the games themselves! I thought that The Fury was another good boss battle. Anyone agree?
  • LionheartAce - April 29, 2010 3:43 p.m.

I love, LOVED Rex vs. Ray battle, it's as if he knew I wanted it. Also, I thought it was hilarious that if you didn't have rumble activated on your PS3 controller, the fight with Screaming Mantis/Psycho Mantis it did a hilarious cutscene about no rumble.