Topics

Best of GR

• BladedFalcon - April 4, 2013 11:44 a.m.

Considering the first console I truly grew up with and learned to appreciate was a SNES, I guess I fall into A gaming Grown-up, but I'm also pretty familiar with a lot of what made up the elder generation... so a mix in between I guess? And yeah, just reading the facts of the gaming toddler era made me cringe... It's true, we really become curmudgeon and overly nostalgic with age >>; Kids these days bah bah and such.
  • slimjim441 - April 4, 2013 11:37 a.m.

Gaming Elder. Woot. Those Gaming Toddler stats are really depressingly true...
  • Redeater - April 4, 2013 12:12 p.m.

Your avatar says it all my friend. It's even more depressing when you consider kids these days might only know MM from.....wait.....they probably don't even know about him at all!!!
  • BladedFalcon - April 4, 2013 1:37 p.m.

Street Fighter VS Tekken! :DDDDD
  • slimjim441 - April 5, 2013 11:30 a.m.

If you can really call him Mega Man. I mean, he's kind of more 'Mega Man' than Mega Man, but he's totally not Mega Man.
  • rxb - April 4, 2013 11:28 a.m.

I played games on cassette tapes, so Im an elder.
  • kyuubi85 - April 4, 2013 11:26 a.m.

I´m an elder, I specially identify with #27, Mario 64 is NOT retro god dammed!
  • Bloodstorm - April 4, 2013 11:36 a.m.

In all reality, I don't think anyone considered N64/PSOne games retro. Retro is definitely 8/16bit in most peoples minds.
  • Bloodstorm - April 4, 2013 11:37 a.m.

Considers, not considered.
  • dakota-martin - April 4, 2013 11:19 a.m.

Well... even though I was born and raised playing games in the 90's and play a lot of games today... I'm a gaming toddler/teenager mix. I love constantly expanding in the gaming world, but I still like a lot of games from the 90's and early 2000's, as well as experiencing games from the older days.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - April 4, 2013 11:19 a.m.

I guess I am a Gaming Teenager. Had a Sega Saturn but was too young to really do anything other than mash and jump. I REALLY got into video games when my old man bought the family a PS1. Those are my fondest memories; when Final Fantasy reigned supreme, lots of JRPGs, great( a little stressful platformers) Crash & Spyro, shape like humanoids fighting ~ Soul Blade & Tekken. Man....
  • timtimity - April 4, 2013 11:17 a.m.

I probably owned a few other Activision games before these, but the first Activision games I remember owning were Predator, Wonder Boy and Ghostbusters 2 on my Spectrum.
  • Bloodstorm - April 4, 2013 11:11 a.m.

So, yeah, this didn't work for me very well. I guess I'm just a well rounded gamer, because many of these apply, and many don't. Not enough to cement me into a single category. Guess you'd say 'Gaming Teenager' since most of my childhood was the PSOne and N64, then the original Xbox, as well as PC games like Unreal, UT99 and Half-Life. But, we also spent a hardy amount of time playing Sega Genesis, trying to beat Golden Axe, Sonic 1 & 2, and the Genesis Spider-Man game.
  • sweetchiliheat - April 4, 2013 11:07 a.m.

I'm somewhere in between newborn and teenager. My parents wouldn't buy me a console or anything, so I waited until I was old enough to get a job. I have a few memories of going to a friend's house and playing Golden Eye or Smash Bros, but I never really owned a console until this generation.
  • StrayGator - April 4, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Guess I'm something between a grownup and an elder, although I find some of myself in each of these generations bar pong. being a 99.9% PC gamer, one can get into some trends long before consoles - or long after.
  • MrGlass - April 4, 2013 10:56 a.m.

Has gamesradar turned into buzzfeed? ugh.
  • Sy87 - April 4, 2013 10:52 a.m.

I'm an elder dam I'm too old. Though I did start early.
  • samiamJack - April 4, 2013 10:43 a.m.

Nice article, looks like I'm a teenager who still enjoyed playing my brother's snes enough to get excited when it's games started getting ported to the gba
  • Fuzunga - April 4, 2013 10:39 a.m.

I really jumped on board with the N64 (my first home console), but I had a Gameboy before that which is why I identify with retro games. What does that make me?