Topics

Best of GR

• Cyberninja - April 4, 2013 6:09 p.m.

Gaming Young Adult
  • dns - April 4, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Gaming grown-up here! Started playing a Sega Mega Drive, but my favorite and console will always be the Nintendo 64,
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - April 4, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Elder, I suppose.
  • ThundaGawd - April 4, 2013 4:46 p.m.

Looks like I land between Teenager and Grown-Up. Probably leaning more towards Teen though (I didn't have the money to buy as much games as I would have liked back when N64 was the shit, so most of my time was spent in front of a PS2)
  • bamit11 - April 4, 2013 4:25 p.m.

I'm 17, but I'd say I'm part Gaming Grownup and Gaming Teenager because my first systems were a SNES and N64. Later I got a PS1, PS2 and Gamecube, and then an Xbox 360. I still remember playing Super Mario World 2, Goldeneye, and Battletanks.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 4, 2013 11:18 p.m.

Im 20 and i am practically in the same boat as you. although i also played lots of 90s strategy pc games too (AoE,Red Alert,Majesty)
  • Joemomma81 - April 4, 2013 4:22 p.m.

teen. i really think the gameboys proliferated that older gaming for a younger audience. First gen nintendo people started with mario and zelda, but pokemon (i guess 3rd gen nintendo) made a HUGE impact. I was born in 1994 and had no older siblings but pokemon got me into games from the tv and cards. That's impressive
  • The_King_of_Nothing - April 4, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Somewhere between Grown-up and Elder with a little more towards elder. I remember some kind Atari, but my real first system was the original Nintendo. I was always the best at getting the cartridges to work by blowing in them.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 4, 2013 4:18 p.m.

Gaming teenager :-) Though I do remember quite sometime spent playing super mario bros 3 on mine and my bros nes
  • GoldenEagle1476 - April 4, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Gaming teenager.
  • ZuzuPachulia - April 4, 2013 2:47 p.m.

Although I grew up with a love for my cousin's n64, I feel that sometimes, you can't categorize people based on their era. I have grow fond of getting my hands on any game I can, whether it be a new 360 title out or tetris on the nes.
  • masterjoe123 - April 4, 2013 2:33 p.m.

As someone who grew up with PC games, I really don't know where I fall. Probably between teenager and adult.
  • MrXLiebezeit - April 4, 2013 8:01 p.m.

No, we PC gamer's are immortal. We don't fit anywhere, yet we are everywhere. And I mean a true PC gamer, not someone who plays TF2, or just console ports...; P.C... er P.S. I'm not saying PC is superior, it's just that it is the system I am closest too, as before I had a game console, I always had a PC. Rollercoaster Tycoon all the way baby!
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 4, 2013 11:20 p.m.

Omg i have to get me another copy of roller coaster tycoon now. Ever play ThemePark?
  • Rhymenocerous - April 5, 2013 8:02 a.m.

Yep, and Theme Hospital.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 5, 2013 10:28 p.m.

I was thinkin about getting that also. how does it compare to themepark?
  • Rhymenocerous - April 6, 2013 3:45 a.m.

It's pretty good, still has the sense of humour. However, building a pharmacy doesn't allow for the same level of creativity (or excitement) as testing your new-fangled roller coaster. Still a decent game though - with certain levels of customisation you don't get much these days e.g you can choose what items go in the staff room, and how often the doctors and workers attend etc.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 6, 2013 1:45 p.m.

Sounds cool, i've been looking for a deeper, less action-packed sim recently and this sounds like it fits. Do you know if the ps1 port is worth getting? i'm pretty sure its on psn.
  • Rhymenocerous - April 8, 2013 8:45 a.m.

Yes it is - in fact that's the version I played... Think it came out around '98. Also, you should look into a game called Constructor - also on PS1. That's very deep and complex though, and also very funny in a British sorta way. Not sure if that's on PSN though.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 9, 2013 12:27 a.m.

Really wish they would put Team Buddies on there. The pal version.