Topics

Best of GR

• robert-sondervang - December 21, 2013 2:28 p.m.

Ummm Comodor 64 .... was my 1st gaming platform .... 1 1/2 hrs to load a maze game from casete tape LOL ... ... so I guess I am ancient
  • fluffy_pop - March 3, 2014 4:49 p.m.

Me too I had that and atari . I was born 1988 though with older brothers :)
  • Author - December 21, 2013 12:18 p.m.

I'm between teen/adult. I'm 22.
  • kirrlaos - December 21, 2013 10:41 a.m.

first system was a nintendo I feel old
  • G3R - December 21, 2013 9:36 a.m.

Manic miner> I had to google that and it sounds a lot like a dial up connection
  • Darklurkr23 - December 21, 2013 8:32 a.m.

I'm between Gaming Elder and Gaming Grown Up. I didn't play Atari, I started on NES, but wow what a ride. You probably laughed off Hotline Miami in a weekend and didn't even break a sweat. - Coldline Miami more like it XD 2.5 days to Platty. Let's talk Megaman 10 Mr. Perfect too Kids these days with there "Chapter Select" and "Save Game" XD
  • jameel-aboulhosn - May 25, 2013 9:45 a.m.

I was grossly misled, thinking this was some quiz. Some of this is completely arbitrary - I've been gaming for 24 years and some of the "noob" questions are sentiments I partially can understand or share.
  • berry87 - April 8, 2013 12:54 p.m.

Omg brought back memories, i remember the days of monkey island on the amiga 500, where i had to use the circle to match the heads up with what ever it said on the screen and then type in the password, crazy how drm stretches that far back hahahaha, i was only young then my first true console was the snes but my dad had the amiga 500 for a long time, we used to go round to his mates house and play on his who had a flight sim, funny how my dad is no longer into gaming properly but was a keen gamer back then and throught the early days of pc playing tomb raider and playstation tomb raider 2. the only game what has brought him back is the new tomb raider.
  • Manguy17 - April 8, 2013 11:31 a.m.

Between adult and elder, and I'm 17, I'm not sure if that's something to be proud about or not...
  • fluffy_pop - March 3, 2014 5 p.m.

Hmmm only really matters if you remember the consoles and games coming out, most of 80's ones you wasn't even born lol
  • Omegacron - April 8, 2013 10:15 a.m.

Looks like I'm between a Grandparent and an Elder. My first console was an Atari(?) with a wooden case, first PC was a C64 system. Probably spent more time on NES & Genesis than anything else, still play them from time to time. Preferred platform is PC, though - been a PC gamer since the PC-XT & Apple II days. Pushing 40.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 7, 2013 9:07 a.m.

Teenager/adult. Being 20, that's not hard to believe. Donkey Kong 64 is the greatest 3D platformer ever.
  • ssj4raditz - April 7, 2013 7:53 a.m.

Looks like I'm an Elder... GET OFF MY LAWN!
  • Deathstalker83 - April 6, 2013 9:32 p.m.

Born in 1965 , i remember playing pinball and sliding a disc down an alley like machine. my first consoles was the colecovision and atari 2600. played just about ever console that has come out.
  • sephex - April 6, 2013 7:19 a.m.

I started palying on a C64 when I was a kid, but my first console was a Genesis (Megadrive here), so that makes me an elder I think. Still, I like online gaming, HD textures and and I more than welcome digital distribution (hate physical media).
  • laurenhiya21 - April 5, 2013 10:52 p.m.

According to this I'm an elder... (and I'm only 20) I probably would of been more of a grown-up if I actually knew about the other consoles growing up but yeah... I only knew of the SNES and N64 until I got the Gamecube (which I got a year before the Wii came out DX). And even then, I didn't know many people at the time who owned any gaming system other than a computer (handheld or console).
  • avantguardian - April 5, 2013 9:14 p.m.

born in '79, gaming elder all the way, baby.
  • avantguardian - April 5, 2013 9:11 p.m.

SWEET!! Now you should go spontaneously combust somewhere! That would be awesome!
  • Shnubby - April 6, 2013 6 a.m.

Well said, good sir!