We Recommend

• juan-sebastian-lengyel - October 11, 2013 6:27 a.m.

Mass effect 3 and Dead Space 3.
  • Shnubby - October 11, 2013 6:11 a.m.

Jak II: Renegade (Just Jak II for you Americans!) . There's nothing I don't like about the Jak and Daxter franchise. I completed the Precursor Legacy multiple times but could never manage to finish Jak II. The difficulty was just upped too much and there were too many missions that took many attempts and ended up making me rage quit. Since then I have completed Jak 3 and even The Lost Frontier but Jak II still hasn't been completed.
  • Pruman - October 11, 2013 5:06 a.m.

I love the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series, and I have yet to finish FFXII or DQVIII. Both are excellent games, but they require a time commitment that I just don't have anymore. Back in college and HS, I would happily spend tons of hours grinding monsters in order to break the game. Now that I have an hour or two at most to game on any given day, I'd prefer to spend it making actual progress.
  • RushLight - October 11, 2013 12:17 a.m.

Because there are so many Zelda games I'm gonna strictly speak for the 3D ones here and... Majora's Mask. I keep on starting it, get past the opening and then I just sort of stop. I'm kind of holding out on the (possibly futile) hope that Majora's Mask 3D is gonna happen so I haven't really made playing it on my Wii a priority.
  • StrayGator - October 10, 2013 11:36 p.m.

Escape from Monkey Island (MI4) has such an awful control scheme, I just can't make it through. oh, and did I mention that a bug in Lego Lord of the Rings capped my progress at 99.8% preventing me from 100%-ing the entire series?
  • Shnubby - October 11, 2013 6:08 a.m.

That sounds like some controller-smash inducing shit right there!
  • Willza69 - October 10, 2013 10:33 p.m.

GTA IV, I love the GTA series, and when GTA IV launched at the start of this generation boy was i hyped up, but when i finally got my hands on it I discovered that, while Liberty City was beautiful, there wasn't much to do outside of main missions, Which in them selves were grim and rather boring, it failed to hold my attention for long, and I simply never returned to it, maybe if Niko could have worn some arnettes it would have been a better game.
  • GOD - October 10, 2013 9:27 p.m.

I love Ratchet & Clank games and own a copy of every single console release of their games... and although I own Deadlocked, I've never played it. My PS2 was on of the originals and for whatever reason could not read the Deadlocked disc. I returned the game the first time thinking it was faulty and got a new copy... and that one didn't read either. So then I returned it again getting a third copy just to be sure. My PS2 still gave me a disc read error. I could play other games just fine on my PS2 though and it never broke on me. (Still works as far as I know). So I have a brand new copy of Deadlocked but I'll never get to play it..... but I can still say I own all the console releases.
  • GOD - October 10, 2013 9:35 p.m.

Other side notes would be LoZ: Spirit Tracks which I powered through when I first got, made it all the way to the last dungeon, took a break, and then when I tried to get back into it had no idea what I was doing and was lost beyond help. Tried going back later with the same result. Still unfinished. And then there's Golden Sun: The Lost Age. The original Golden Sun was my first GBA game and I played the hell out of it and loved it. I didn't even know that a sequel had come out until years later though and it just seemed like jumping into an RPG like the original Golden Sun years after it had come out intimidated me because I knew I'd either end up playing nothing but that for hundreds of hours and miss out on newer games, or never finish it... so I just didn't get to it. Now getting it would be near impossible without paying too much. I did get Dark Dawn immediately when it came out though and powered through it in just a few nights. Golden Sun is my absolute favorite RPG though so I regret not getting to play the sequel.
  • TheGooseinator - October 10, 2013 9 p.m.

I've played every Kingdom Hearts game and, despite many instances of burying my head in my hands, somehow managed to understand the complex, convoluted narrative. Which is why I feel doubly as stupid for not playing the original game, when the story was as simple as killing Heartless and saving your friends. To think that I can appreciate a series so much without ever actually experiencing how it got started in the first place.
  • JMarsella09 - October 10, 2013 8:50 p.m.

I never beat Resident Evil Zero; It was just a bit too boring for me.
  • BladedFalcon - October 10, 2013 9:14 p.m.

Same here... I'd hardly call resident Evil one of my favorite series. But yeah, RE0 was a snoozefest.
  • RonnyLive19881 - October 11, 2013 6:52 a.m.

Yall are nuts, Zero and tbe remake are the best the series have to offer imo Of course I'm a Resi nut so of course so I perfer the best of the originals before they turned them Iinto action games.
  • BladedFalcon - October 11, 2013 7:38 a.m.

RE2 is better than the original in pretty much every aspect, and Code Veronica is way more entertaining than RE0. Why? Two words: Alfred Ashford
  • bang1221 - October 10, 2013 8:33 p.m.

Final Fantasy 2,3,10-2,12,13 and 13-2. Didn't really like 2,3 and 13 never bought 12 and 10-2 is kinda just sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. I dont think ive ever beat any pokemon from gold/silver through platinum. I haven't beat a single GTA either though i did start playing through san andreas a few weeks ago. I have never beat a single Legend of Zelda game and have OoT just sitting on my shelf. I have a pretty big backlog to go through.
  • brickman409 - October 10, 2013 7:24 p.m.

fallout 1 + 2, I love and have finished both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I never really finished the first two. I just never got used to the old 2D RPG gameplay style. Same thing with almost all of the 2D mario games, I beat all the 3D mario games from 64 to Galaxy, but the 2D platformers just don't hold my interest for long enough that I would want to beat them.
  • winner2 - October 10, 2013 7:20 p.m.

I never finished MHFU, I got to the cat elder quests and got to the missions with zero supplies and random drop points and hit a wall. I never even got to the nargacuga. Oh well, maybe I'll start it back up soneday
  • Relayer71 - October 10, 2013 6:43 p.m.

Some of my favorite series: Final Fantasy - never finished 3(DS actual series 3, not U.S. 3 which is 6) or IX, even though IX is one of my favorite games in the series. And XIII which I absolutely hated. Haven't played XIII-2 yet (or X-2). Resident Evil - never finished RE Zero (GC) or RE 5 (360) and still haven't picked up RE 6 but have finished every other game in the main series. Baldur's Gate - never finished the Throne Of Bhall expansion, in fact, bought it 5 years ago and still haven't played it. And as much as I love Elder Scrolls, I've never finished ANY game and I put about 200 hours into Morrowind + expansions. The main quests are always the least of my concerns with those games. And I only put about 10 hours into Daggerfall.
  • Nocturne989 - October 10, 2013 6:34 p.m.

I absolutely adore Legend of Zelda, and although its sitting on my table right now, I still have yet to finish Skyward Sword. There's just always something going on or another game I'm playing.