Topics

spin-off wEiRd

We Recommend

• C.King - January 4, 2013 7:30 p.m.

what games are the characters in the first pick from?
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 7, 2013 9:54 a.m.

Valentine from Guilty Gear 2 is on the left, Solid Snake is on the right.
  • ertywerty - January 4, 2013 7:07 p.m.

It's not technically a spin off but the "New" Spyro series of games that were on the ps2... The reason I consider them spin offs is just because they were so different than the classic Spyro I remembered from the PS1.. That's why I tend to disregard every Spyro game since as being not "Spyro" I remember... Anyone else agree when going from the classic Spyro games compared to the "new" series of Spyro on ps2
  • winner2 - January 4, 2013 8:05 p.m.

Seconded
  • Elgyem - January 4, 2013 7:03 p.m.

No mention of BlayzBloo? A 2-D fighter becoming a chibi arena brawler not weird enough for you? Need I mention the River City spinoffs?
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 7, 2013 9:57 a.m.

True THAT!
  • ertywerty - January 4, 2013 7:03 p.m.

Lol I can remember playing Kingdom hearts Chain of Memories on PS2 and not knowing at the time it was a strategy card game compared to the previous style of gameplay ... That game was definately weird but I got used to it
  • SirNinja - January 4, 2013 4:18 p.m.

No Pokemon Conquest?! That was definitely one of the weirdest. (Weirder still, it actually worked pretty well!)
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - January 5, 2013 1:37 p.m.

HOW COULD WE FORGET? Crap
  • BladedFalcon - January 5, 2013 2:43 p.m.

I don't think pokemon Conquest is that weird of a spinoff- At least, not gameplay-wise. I mean, it's certainly an ODD crossover, such as Tasunoko VS capcom is. But neither is a weird spin-off because the gameplay in such games is a very natural fit to the original franchise. I mean, strategy games as so related and close to RPGs, that they often get paired or confused together, even when they shouldn't >_> (Yes, I'm looking at you GR, treating a strategy game like X-COM as an RPG :P)
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 5, 2013 4:09 p.m.

Have I got an article for you! http://www.gamesradar.com/crossover-games-most-bizarre-shocking/
  • KnightDehumidifier - January 4, 2013 3:04 p.m.

Brutal Legend demo: Action-adventure game Brutal Legend Full Retail Game: RTS
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - January 4, 2013 3:58 p.m.

I just lol'd
  • archnite - January 4, 2013 7:29 p.m.

Nice.
  • BladedFalcon - January 5, 2013 10:18 a.m.

Heh, comment of the weekend!
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 4, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is the worst thing ever.
  • shawksta - January 4, 2013 2:34 p.m.

That's what happens when some devs decide to do things outside their better work, licensing is even worse and end up horrible, Wayforward needs to stick with their 2D Platformers. They managed to somehow make the DS version of Thor, not commercial crap, only because they managed to stick with what they do.
  • Sentient - January 4, 2013 1:58 p.m.

You forgot Pokemon Snap (or, alternatively, that Nobunaga's Ambition crossover tactics game for the DS.)
  • Tjwoods18 - January 4, 2013 1:52 p.m.

That assassins creed card game was dissapointing, expected to see that listed.
  • Tjwoods18 - January 4, 2013 1:49 p.m.

The Dirge of Cerebus was the best final fantasy I ever played. To some extent, it was the game that got me hooked on the series.
  • SuperNewman - January 4, 2013 1:04 p.m.

What, no Sonic Spinball? Would've thought that would get a mention, if not for its crazy steep difficulty curve alone.