We Recommend

• opeth784 - September 27, 2013 11:50 a.m.

wow the haters amaze me, this looks wonderful. when was the last time valve actually disappointed any of you? (asides from obvious examples of them disappointing people by NOT MAKING GAMES)
  • Bloodstorm - September 27, 2013 12:01 p.m.

The Left 4 Dead series, but that's just me.
  • EAC73 - September 27, 2013 12:07 p.m.

Meh, L4D was good bringing something new, but L4D was very lack luster.
  • EAC73 - September 27, 2013 12:07 p.m.

L4D2*
  • saltorio - September 27, 2013 11:45 a.m.

Another controller I'll never get used to. Still looking for something that works as well at all sorts of games as a mouse and keyboard.
  • ChaoticGenius - September 27, 2013 11:15 a.m.

So a couple of things, first the lets get the bad thing out of the way, the design is horrible. Now moving to more positive things, first: we do not know how big the actual controller is, so it may not be that difficult to reach the buttons in the middle. Second, for those people who are not happy with this announcement, well first of all, Valve doesn't say you HAVE to buy this thing if you don't want to, and second, they NEVER said they were going to announce HL3 or any other game for that matter, you just assumed. P.S. I am not targeting any of this to a specific person in the comments, when i say you it is just a generalization
  • GenderBender_9000 - September 27, 2013 11:12 a.m.

It looks like it would be difficult to play fighting games with it. But other than that, it sounds promising.
  • Bloodstorm - September 27, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Only thing I think so far is, how in the world are you supposed to make easy use of the XY buttons in the middle of the controller? Usually you are only using your right thumb for looking around and quickly pressing the buttons, but this design means you have to surrender you left thumb, used for moving, to use the XY buttons.
  • BladedFalcon - September 27, 2013 10:57 a.m.

Hmm, I'm rather fond of analog sticks, so I can't help to feel apprehensive about this... Yet this sounds like the most promising "innovation" in a controller in the last decade. Instead of relying on gimmicky and unprecise stuff like motion sensors or touch-pads for movements, Valve has done a move that frankly, it's baffling it hasn't been tried before: combine the tried and true precision of a mouse trackpad INTO a controller. The overall design IS rather fugly though, but I'm still very curious to see how it controls.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - September 27, 2013 10:51 a.m.

After my initial "Dafuq is that", and reading through the features it's got, I quite like the sound of this. Of course, its one thing to see a controller and another entirely to hold one, but I like what I see so far.
  • db1331 - September 27, 2013 10:58 a.m.

I'd never use it for something like BF4, but if it let's me kick back on the couch and play Mass Effect on the big screen, I'd get one.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - September 27, 2013 12:08 p.m.

Aye, it looks like it'd be better for first-person games then the current controllers out there, but nothing beats a keyboard and mouse.
  • db1331 - September 27, 2013 12:11 p.m.

Yup. I might use it for the SP campaign of an FPS, but never the MP component. You would get owned.