Topics

Top 7

• ReSoul - August 6, 2012 12:59 p.m.

I would say Dark Souls. The game is really damn hard but surpassing the trials gives you a nice taste of sweetness before you go to the next hard part. Not to mention there isn't anything quite as perfectly parrying any attack coming to you or dodging out of the way of ones you can't.... Also PVP is a bitch but boy is it sweet when you win.
  • talleyXIV - August 6, 2012 12:45 p.m.

I have literally been playing the Sims lately and staying up till retarded times. Luigi's Mansion did this to me the other night as well.
  • yuri-myszkowski - August 6, 2012 12:37 p.m.

Wheres Tropico 3 and 4? You spend ALOT of hours playin both of these games.
  • ObliqueZombie - August 6, 2012 12:31 p.m.

Damn good list. Play nearly every one of them. I would've added Call of Duty 4 or Modern Warfare 2, though. Though I prefer and still play on and off the older renditions, when I'm with friends that "just one more game mentality" becomes something else entirely. It becomes a goddamned disease. Ever since Call of Duty 4, the amount of homework I didn't do and projects I completed last minute in high school is staggering. It's too bad they milked a once-great franchise.
  • AngelsandDemons1 - August 6, 2012 2:47 p.m.

You speak the truth; I literally recall times I was grinding out a Prestige and I had 15 mins to pick up my girlfriend who was 20 miles away. You do the math. She would call me innocently about what she would wear and I would pretend to be in the car on my way to pick her up; but, I would tell her to just drive out and see me because there was a new restaurant I wanted to take her too and would suggest she just crashed with me...COD 4 compromised my decision making...indeed
  • mayday991 - August 6, 2012 12:15 p.m.

Harvest moon and animal crossing. Those games are more addictive than fun.
  • gridpig - August 6, 2012 12:09 p.m.

I used to wake up at 3:00, my heavily muscled and tattoed CJ from GTA: San Andreas running perpetually into a graffiti-covered wall. That game was the most interactive and enjoyable sandbox ever.
  • Sjoeki - August 6, 2012 12:36 p.m.

Does this mean that I am not the only one who thought that, except for shiny graphics and the annoying phonecalls at the worst possible times, GTA IV was a big stap backwards compared to San Andreas?
  • samsneeze - August 6, 2012 1:21 p.m.

You are very far from being the only one.
  • NelosAngelos - August 6, 2012 11:54 a.m.

Diablo 2 I think does it better than 3. Also League of Legends. I just hit the quick play button and 4 little matches later, 3 hours already went by.
  • Clovin64 - August 6, 2012 11:51 a.m.

Maybe its just me, but practically any game I enjoy can become a 3AM game for me as long as I'm not too busy. Recently its been Skyrim, even without the Dawnguard DLC.
  • frankenfurter - August 6, 2012 11:51 a.m.

Galactic Civilisation's 1&2, SWTOR, Skyrim... just about any game i have ever played and liked... unless I have work the next day, then its 2am at the latest :)
  • onetimebuster - August 6, 2012 11:42 a.m.

For me it was animal crossing on the gamecube and mgs3 on the ps2.
  • inner_hope - August 6, 2012 11:40 a.m.

No Pokemon (any version)?? That game practically consumes your soul and leave you with delusive pokemon center tunes in your head.
  • meg127 - August 6, 2012 11:36 a.m.

I can play Dark Souls way longer than I should. It's easily my favorite game.
  • Matt Hughes - August 6, 2012 12:11 p.m.

• ObliqueZombie - August 6, 2012 12:26 p.m.

No matter how many times I yell at the stupid phantom that invaded my world, that game sucks in so much time it's embarrassing.
  • Skills_12 - August 6, 2012 11:33 a.m.

two words.... Football...Manager
  • Rascanuvols - August 6, 2012 12:51 p.m.

If I made the list, FM would be on all 7 spots.
  • bebl09 - August 7, 2012 8:26 p.m.

My total play time on my FM save is now 27 days and 8 hours.