Topics

Top 7

• GoldenEagle1476 - September 24, 2012 5:09 p.m.

Wrex is even more badass than Garen.
  • robotdickens - September 24, 2012 5:19 p.m.

You mean Garrus right?
  • ThatGamerDude - September 24, 2012 4:57 p.m.

I'd put Captain Price on this list for his mustache and boonie alone. Of course, there's a shit load more about him that I could add but that mustache is ridiculously badass!
  • winner2 - September 24, 2012 4:01 p.m.

Does Kratos count, or is he too old? Cause I mean, he killed gods, fought titans, and got out of hell at least twice, right?
  • winner2 - September 24, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Sorry, just realized Kratos isn't this generation. But if it's this generation, then I'd have to say Adam Jensen was pretty badass. Also, I think Wrex and Mordin were way more badass than Garrus.
  • kyleander95 - September 24, 2012 3:53 p.m.

I think almost all protagonists from the borderlands games could qualify in one way or another especially with the badass ranks in borderlands 2
  • FOZ - September 24, 2012 3:29 p.m.

I guess Asura could be on here, but since the entire point of his game is to make him exponentially stronger at every chance, I guess it would be kind of unfair. But seeing as how much of his dialogue is "Shut up" or "I don't give a damn," he probably fits the badass archetype pretty well. But Frank West is an average guy (aside from the wars thing) who can punch straight through a zombie. I think that's more interesting than Cole at least.
  • Zeos - September 24, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Meh. Boring Top 7 this week.
  • Godzillarex - September 24, 2012 2:35 p.m.

Garrus deserves the top spot for this list. He is pretty damn cool.
  • gilgamesh310 - September 24, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Asura is more badass than Bayonetta. He's able to beat beings bigger than planets. Also saying that Shepard is only a badass in the hands of the player seems fairly pointless, as the same applies to all the other characters on the list. They are all playable.
  • BladedFalcon - September 24, 2012 2:03 p.m.

Agreed, in terms of sheer baddasery Asura beats Bayonetta. Otherwise, i don't really have problems with this list. Also, people complaining that Nathan Drake isn't on the list doesn't seem to grasp what baddass means very well.
  • HorriBliss - September 25, 2012 9:43 a.m.

Treasure-hunting and killing everyone who comes between... seems pretty badass to me.
  • BladedFalcon - September 25, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Except for purposes of the story and the character itself, he's not portrayed like the actual killer he is in the games. His attitude isn't one of a baddass, and he's actually always cursing his bad luck whenever trouble comes to him. Take a look again to the people that actually made it in the list, with the possible exception of Baird, all of them welcome the challenge or anything that gets thrown at them with open arms, or at least don't flinch or complain when they do. To me, that's a big part of being considered a baddass.
  • gilgamesh310 - September 26, 2012 3:12 a.m.

Drake is an idiot. He walks face first into a wall and acts like he hasn't a clue what's going on most of the time. Hardly anything he does in the cutscenes epresses any badassery. There's a big divide between cutscenes and gameplay in the Uncharted games.
  • ultimatepunchrod - September 24, 2012 1:45 p.m.

I'm not a politician of any kind, but I'll go ahead and approve this message.
  • tichtat - September 24, 2012 1:17 p.m.

Don't forget: Bayonetta punched GOD INTO THE SUN.
  • FOZ - September 24, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Asura punched God in the face. Not like he should replace Bayonetta, just that he should be added.
  • Cyberninja - September 24, 2012 1:17 p.m.

Hazama from Blazblue belongs on here because if you look at list of things has done you would she he has transending being a normal BA
  • Felixthecat - September 24, 2012 1:16 p.m.

No Adam Jensen No Captain Falcon No Duke Nukem No Kazuma Kiryu No Ryu Hayabusa No Max Payne No Ghost No Soap No Niko Bellic No Dragonborn No Bill No Louis No Coach No Meatboy No Solaire of Astora No Travis Touchdown No Harry Potter No Master Chief No Lego Batman No Chris Redfield No Aperture Science Sentry Turret No Big Daddy No Captain Viridian No Midna No Akuma No Prinny No Asura No Bomberman No Jackie Estacado No Captain Rainbow No Glados No Frank West No Spy No Scott Monroe No Wei Shen No Sazh Katzroy No Grayson Hunt No Chuck Greene No FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan LIST CONFIRMED FOR SHIT
  • wadesmit - September 24, 2012 1:59 p.m.

It's a top 7 list. 7.
  • Zeedar - September 24, 2012 2:03 p.m.

Dude, you are BSing. Half of these were born in last gen therefore don't qualify and some of them have no personality whatsoever(Dragonborn? Spy? BIG DADDY? Are you kidding me?). The list can't contain every character ever. Anyway, good list IMO. I would be missing Dante, but he isn't current gen, so he doesn't count either.