• Silentcapt2 - February 11, 2013 12:16 p.m.

To the Moon has caused me more frustration than almost any other game I've played. Not because I didn't like it, I thought it was wonderful, but because I can't convince ANYBODY else to actually play the dang thing. I've offered to buy it for 6 different people and all of them, gamers and non-gamers, turned me down. Anyway, I'm glad it got on the spot. I think it would have been cool to see The Walking Dead on here as a "Surprise! ... but not really" pick. Since "love story" doesn't necessarily have to mean "romance love story". But that's just me.
  • artcellrox - February 11, 2013 2:59 p.m.

You need better friends, is the solution. Lol... they sound like mainstream hippies.
  • profile0000 - February 11, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Great list. Glad Tidus and Yuna made it on there. They deserve the number 7 spot, in my opinion.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 11, 2013 11:45 a.m.

To the Moon sounds like my cup of tea. Breaking my "crying thanks to a game" cherry thanks to The Walking Dead, another sad yet heartfelt tale sounds nice. Great list, too. If it wasn't so much about romantic love, I would've added John and Cortana's odd semi-family bond (at least when it got good thanks to 343) and Lee's ever-growing fatherly bond with Clementine.
  • soren7550 - February 11, 2013 11:43 a.m.

I'm surprised that none of the Mass Effect romances were included here. The femShep and Kaidan three game romance is so sweet and wonderful!
  • taokaka - February 11, 2013 12:27 p.m.

I wanted a femshep and grunt relationship in mass effect 2, alas it will forever be the sweetest of romances, the forbidden romance.
  • bobob101 - February 11, 2013 11:38 a.m.

I think the love from the 2008 Prince of Persia game should be on this list. The Prince and Elika go throughout the game fighting an evil god, and though they succeed, Elika dies. So what does the Prince do? He frees the dark god they sealed away like 5 minutes ago in order to bring back his love. That is one good story.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - February 11, 2013 1:12 p.m.

I almost had Prince and Elika in here, but I didn't want two rogues voiced by Nolan North on the list
  • winner2 - February 11, 2013 4:26 p.m.

^This right here. Elika and Prince's romance had to be my all time favorite, I was crushed when she died. I thought the game was over for a minute, and then I chopped those trees down in a hurry.
  • pl4y4h - February 11, 2013 11:33 a.m.

One of the things I really liked in red dead was that whenever you were in a bar or brothel and the ladies came up to John he would always say something along the lines of "no thanks i'm married"
  • AqueousBoy - February 11, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Manny Calavera and Meche Colomar from Grim Fandango. He risked everything for her.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Huh... Kinda surprised this list hasn't been done before. Anyway, I most definitely agree on the number one in this list. To The Moon is a fantastic game, and easily is the best, complex and most touching love story I've ever seen explored in videogames, so kudos for giving the game it's due once again! ^^
  • RebornKusabi - February 11, 2013 11:19 a.m.

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-14-best-videogame-couples/ 2 years ago You can argue semantics but let me state that my recent favorite thing beyond Persona 4 Golden was finally getting around to reading Dark Knight Returns and then seeing the better movies based on them that just released. Same idea, semantics-wise, but I preferred the movies for more reasons than I care to talk about further... because. Nothing is new, and as such it is all in how you tell the story. Oh and your avatar looks damn familiar- I don't wanna get my ass kicked but is that someone from Guilty Gear?
  • GR_HenryGilbert - February 11, 2013 11:26 a.m.

I'll admit there are similarities in the lists, but this Top 7 is more about how the story is told in the game, not just about how cute the couples are
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2013 6:37 p.m.

No ass kicking required, it's Sol BadGuy from Guilty Gear Indeed! :D He's in Chibi form though, which is why it might be a bit trickier to recognize XD
  • slimjim441 - February 11, 2013 11:04 a.m.

I still really need to play To the Moon.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - February 11, 2013 11:46 a.m.

Yes. Yes you do.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2013 12:42 p.m.

What he said.
  • JMarsella09 - February 11, 2013 1 p.m.

I agree
  • slimjim441 - February 12, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Unfortunately, my problem isn't having/making the time to play it. At least as far as I know, it's only available on PC, which means I can't play it on my li'l old Mac.