Topics

Top 7 WTF

We Recommend

• garnsr - September 5, 2011 1:06 p.m.

I'm playing through Just Cause 2 right now. I was waiting for it to get to $20 for a long time, but it's been great during these last many months with no new games. As much as I liked Uncharted 2, when I finally got Arkham Asylum in a buy 2 get one free deal, with no real expectations for it, it turned out to be my favorite game that year. Much like Red Dead Redemption, it came out of nowhere to be really great.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - September 5, 2011 12:35 p.m.

So glad to see Just Cause 2 here. One of my most favorite games this generation. I was one of the few (of people I know, anyway) to have actually played the first game and... yeah. It's crap. Surprised to see that Hannah Montanna game... Eager to hear this on TalkRadar!
  • Limbo - September 5, 2011 12:27 p.m.

I HATED Just Cause 2. I really tried to like it, and admittedly the grappling hook is really fun, but everything else just felt like bad GTA4. And the voice acting. Don't get me started on the voice acting. Even if the game isn't supposed to be serious I could not stand it.
  • chrisantistas2inchpenis - September 5, 2011 12:18 p.m.

Blood on the Sand was the best part of the 24 hour game marathon.
  • Sjoeki - September 5, 2011 12:11 p.m.

Like Errrrbo said, this is the kind of Top 7 that makes me come back to this site. And for me kingdom hearts comes to mind, I like Disney and I like final fantasy but at the time I couldn't imagine that they could work so well together! Recaptcha is now even showing words upside down, ehm yay?
  • JBizFoShiz - September 5, 2011 11:47 a.m.

Just Cause 2 was AWESOME. Wolvie SUCKED. I'm sorry, but the regeneration does not make up for the easy and repetitive gameplay. (Protip: Use the Lunge. All. The. Time.) Blood on the Sand was insanely dumb fun. (Protip: Play online. Do not be 50 cent. Have fun clicking the left analog stick every time you kill somebody)
  • mastersword369 - September 5, 2011 11:34 a.m.

Just Cause 2: one of the most underrated games of this generation.
  • ParanoidAndroid - September 5, 2011 11:54 a.m.

Aah, Arkham Asylum. Any mention of you never fails to give me the warm fuzzies.
  • rob619 - September 5, 2011 11:56 a.m.

Reading some of the comments im sooo glad everybody liked Just Cause 2. I know it sounds funny but ive even emailed the developers to make a no 3. It does seem to have alot of fans after speaking to my friends aswell. If we all do a petition or something, imagine Just Cause 3 on a different island? that would be epic!!
  • Rubberducky - September 5, 2011 10:46 a.m.

The demo for Just Cause 2 was fun, but I never got the game, maybe someday... And one more month till Batman AC!
  • rob619 - September 5, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Just Cause 2, is an incredible game! Soo under rated its a joke! Beautiful and vast locations, explosions galore, sandbox adventure. I suggest peps try it out, im hopefully waiting for the developers to make Just Cause 3, seems very unlikely though :(
  • FinderKeeper - September 5, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Get it. You won't regret it. Grapple hook FTW :-D
  • MidianGTX - September 5, 2011 10:34 a.m.

Assuming these games are rated in order... the outcome doesn't really match the article title. It's "Games that should have sucked, but didn't", which would imply the game most likely to suck (probably 50 Cent or Hanna Montana) would be in the #1 position. As it stands, a more apt title would be something like "Games that should have sucked but turned out great".
  • FVDub - September 5, 2011 10:34 a.m.

Where's Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom? I can't think of anyone who thought that game would be good and it ended up being delightful.
  • KFCfoxxy - September 5, 2011 10:33 a.m.

@xlyesterdaylx Same. I tried so many times but i just couldn't get it.
  • xlyesterdaylx - September 5, 2011 10:24 a.m.

I hated arkham asylum. I know im a bad person. I tried.
  • MidianGTX - September 5, 2011 10:23 a.m.

If you couldn't tell Just Cause 2 was gonna pwn you failed as a games critic!
  • birdro - September 5, 2011 11:32 a.m.

They explained why they were hesitant, The first Just Cause wasn't very good because it was a lacking package altogether. Just Cause 2's overall quality isn't something that can really be gleamed from previews, like how the game is infinitely more badass than the demo. They did give it a good score, so they seem to have done their jobs fine.
  • Pocotron - September 5, 2011 10:17 a.m.

I am proud enough to stand up and say I have played every LEGO game that has come out in the past few years! I love those games to death. Also, I am an 18 year old male. I'm not ashamed!
  • Errrrbo - September 5, 2011 10:17 a.m.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This is the kind of Top 7 I love. Great job, GR. I would put Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing on this list as well. It was a Sonic kart-racing game, a combination that makes no sense at all. But it actually ended up being a great racing game, probably the best one since Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.