Topics

Top 7

• comaqi - May 7, 2012 1:23 p.m.

The last two entries made my day.
  • J-Fid - May 7, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Great list. Laughing the whole way through. I want to see a Pokemon story where you are a member of Team Rocket and you slowly work your way up from grunt, to admin, to boss. You get to steal other people's Pokemon and other evil things. It could take place after the events of Johto, as they would be looking for a new boss. Your starter: Rattata At least this would give Game Freak a reason to bring Kanto to the 5th Gen.
  • jeremy-warner - May 7, 2012 3:14 p.m.

totally already been done as a hack, like literally everything you said is in this hack. It's pokemon toxic purple I think
  • J-Fid - May 7, 2012 3:59 p.m.

Wow... Just looked it up... Did not know that ever existed... BUT It needs to updated to 5th Gen. standards. Oh, and actually be official.
  • TheValiantBob - May 7, 2012 2:52 p.m.

I would like to see a pre-OoT Ganondorf game. Something that has always intrigued me is how his character develops in Wind Waker when he says all he wanted was a land free of death for his people the Gerudo. So I would like to see a game where you play as Ganondorf in the Great War that united the various races against the Gerudo threat. See Ganon as a tragic villain, starting as a noble king with good intentions for his people, but the more desperate he gets the more insane and power-lusting he becomes. And then he learns about the Triforce and he "allies" himself with the King of Hyrule while waiting for a chance to strike which takes us to the events of OoT. for gameplay it could be a mix of RTS and classic Zelda, with sections of playing as just Ganon, finding artifacts or repelling monster attacks on your people and sections of some kind of hybrid RTS where you control your army while also fighting in the front lines with the troops. Would add much more depth to a character that has actually recently DEvolved to just "evil because destiny says so" ie. Demise's reincarnated hatred.
  • winner2 - May 7, 2012 4:10 p.m.

I'd like to play as the gods/goddesses/titans from God of War. I can't really decide which one though, so maybe it'd just be better to count the whole pantheon and titan crew as a single antagonist against Kratos?
  • clint-welding - May 7, 2012 4:16 p.m.

Here's a funny, yet odd one... Pokemon's Team Rocket: Gotta Steal 'Em All! Or King Dedede's Ravenous Revenge, or Final Fantasy: Sephiwrath! (A game starring Sephiroth!)
  • J-Fid - May 7, 2012 4:24 p.m.

About you're first idea: You might want to read other comments before posting. It prevents redundancy.
  • Sgt. Beefheart - May 7, 2012 6:37 p.m.

I'd like to play The Beatles Rock Band as Yoko.
  • CrKnight - May 7, 2012 7:05 p.m.

I would definitely play the Waluigi and Star Wolf games. Both concepts sound amazingly fun or funny! I also really like that the Top 7 cover art isn't a spoiler for the content like others have been. It keeps me wondering.
  • GameManiac - May 7, 2012 7:40 p.m.

Sign me up for both Star Wolf and Waluigi as well. Add in Pokémon's Team Rocket as well.
  • Blaastoid - May 7, 2012 7:11 p.m.

It might be interesting to play as Vladimir Makarov from the Call of Duty series. Maybe it would be cool to be GlaDOS and design puzzles for Chell to solve. Or a spin-off of Super Meat Boy playing as Dr. Fetus or other enemies from that game. Just some ideas.
  • oddprophet - May 7, 2012 10:05 p.m.

Kefka's Existential Playhouse: It's like Sim City but with more ways to wreck up the place. Alternatively there's "The King of the Cosmos: Intervention Damacy" In which you play as the King of the Cosmos as you try to escape your loved ones, get drunk and destroy the galaxy.
  • robotdickens - May 8, 2012 12:48 a.m.

Definitely GLaDoS. Build a bunch of awesome puzzles and watch as people struggle to solve them. I guess now you can considering the Portal 2 DLC is coming out! Also, Qwark isn't really a villain. Sure he's a dick but other than that he hasn't done anything really wrong other than be a heroic symbol so that when trouble comes the really heroes aren't on the first attack list, instead this blubbering idiot is.
  • CitizenWolfie - May 8, 2012 2:47 a.m.

I love how you use a picture of Sephiroth and Robotnik/Eggman and then they're not even mentioned past the opening slide. Clever GR! I'd totally be up for a Ghost/Zombie Pirate LeChuck game. Throw in some Insult Sword Fighting and that's Game of the Year right there. How about a Legend of Zelda game where you play as Ganondorf? During his time being sealed away from Hyrule, Ganon becomes self-aware that he is part of a never ending cycle of legends in which he is always thwarted by the Hero of Time. The object is to break out of the seal, wreak as much havok on Hyrule as you can before Link is ready to wield the Master Sword and then use some sort of clever fourth wall breaking scheme/glitch to hide the sword outside the realm of the game.
  • sternparez - May 8, 2012 8:18 a.m.

I know it's been said before but seriously this new layout is horrible for top 7's
  • needles - May 8, 2012 10:49 a.m.

Holy shit this list sucked. Oh and screw this new layout.
  • Person5 - May 8, 2012 10:53 a.m.

I wouldn't really call Andrew Ryan a villain, he was only perceived as the villain while Atlas was telling you what to do. He had the best of intentions but when it all failed and he saw his dream ruined he couldn't live with himself anymore.
  • Ded - May 9, 2012 7:46 a.m.

Well there was all those people he killed..
  • tichtat - May 8, 2012 1:13 p.m.

I would prefer UniCop.