Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• dcobs123 - September 4, 2012 1:25 p.m.

I thought Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was a pretty big leap from Pandora Tomorrow.
  • Balaska - September 4, 2012 12:02 p.m.

FF9 is the best. The end.
  • Thedigitalg - September 4, 2012 12:57 p.m.

The best? Maybe. Definitely the easiest! I've played 9 through like 5-10 times in my life and have never died playing it. I even managed to speed-run it for Excalibur II and had nary a hiccup. Story was cool though, especially when you got to Terra!
  • D0n41d - September 4, 2012 11:15 a.m.

Unreal Championship - Unreal Championship 2 Hated the first game. Absolutely love, and still play, the second.
  • Thedigitalg - September 4, 2012 10:47 a.m.

I agree with zombi3grim, FFVII is far better than FFVI. I don't get why people have to go fucking nuts over someone elses opinion, it seems to be just Final Fantasy that provokes uber-nerd rage in gamers.
  • AuthorityFigure - September 4, 2012 4:31 a.m.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a great sequel to a forgettable game.
  • MadMan - September 4, 2012 1:37 a.m.

Red Dead Redemption was a huge improvement over Red Dead Revolver.
  • pl4y4h - September 4, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Though technically it isn't a true sequel, more of a successor. Plus revolver wasn't forgettable, that game was the bomb especially multiplayer, each character had a unique item to play with. Sure it had the same title but revolver was more "arcade"-ish (or fantasy really) and centered more around score attack and only had one central hub. Redemption was GTA in the wild west. Both are great games, but the aspects of them that make them good are different
  • UKGNZoidberg1974 - September 4, 2012 12:16 a.m.

No, no no no NO! Killzone 2 was not better than Killzone. They took a tense, atmospheric and deliberately paced shooter that was the original and turned it into yet another CoD wannabe that was boring and tedious. For me, its noting more than an (admittedly brilliant) graphical showcase for the PS3. Resistance 2 was much more fun. As for TimeSplitters, its true the sequel greatly surpassed the original, but as the first was the game I got with my PS2 on launch, it will always occupy a special place in my heart.
  • RandyChimp - September 4, 2012 4:28 a.m.

I remember really liking Killzone. I got it on New Years Eve and finished it by the end of New Years Day after playing it all night when everyone was asleep :) The story was genuinely awesome. Sort of have to agree with you about Killzone 2. It wasn't that it was a COD wannabe, it was just lackluster. The graphics were fantastic, but I can't tell you any story elements, apart from the ending. Killzone 3 was a vast improvement which I must play again at some point.
  • gilgamesh310 - September 4, 2012 6:03 a.m.

Indeed not. Killzone 2 went down the CoD and Gears route and suffered for it. There was no need for it to even have a cover mechanic. It was just technically very impressive. The first game was much more fun.
  • Bloodstorm - September 3, 2012 9:32 p.m.

I genuinely liked Two Worlds. Combat was rather crap, but I found the world 100x more interesting than Oblivion, and the skills more interesting as well. Still need to get Two Worlds 2
  • ThatGamerDude - September 3, 2012 9:09 p.m.

I still want my Just Cause 3. After wasting over a 100 hours on the second one, I'm dying for a third game to blow it away.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - September 3, 2012 8:47 p.m.

Timesplitters 2 is one of my all time favorite games, nice to see it on this list. I would also agree with Saints Row 2. It's far, far better than SR1.
  • shawksta - September 3, 2012 8:29 p.m.

Great list Red Steel's shehanigans was freaking hilarious, the first one drowned and basically they just went "F*CK THIS, LETS REDO IT RIGHT THIS TIME" just scrapping everything they did in the original and did everything new and what a good game it turned out to be compared to the original.
  • ultimatepunchrod - September 3, 2012 6:27 p.m.

I see this got fast tracked from the cast last week lol. Good list all the same.
  • Crypto140 - September 3, 2012 4:34 p.m.

Uncharted? Jak and Daxter? Sly Cooper? Let's hope The Last Of Us doesn't follow this pattern I just discovered. Don't get me wrong all of these games were good, but their sequals blew our minds.
  • dcobs123 - September 4, 2012 1:18 p.m.

Although the mechanics weren't as good, uc1 was superior to uc2 in gunplay and I liked the leisurely pace. Jak and Daxter was a completely different game than jak 2. Lastly, Sly cooper: Thievious Raccoonus was the most platforming-focused title in the series.
  • tichtat - September 6, 2012 11:41 a.m.

Let's hope it does. Because like you said, those games ARE good. And if Dishonored 2 blows it out of the water because of how good it is, we all win.
  • pl4y4h - September 3, 2012 4 p.m.

Crap shoot here but how bout Def Jam: Fight for NY? That game was a fantastic sequel and idk that many people who remember/played the original.