Topics

Halloweek Top 7

• Cwf2008 - November 1, 2012 12:08 a.m.

As much as I love this new format, I would like it even more if I could read the damn article. Seeing as when I click "next" nothing happens, that is not possible
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 2, 2012 9:42 a.m.

What operating system/browser are you using? I'll try to get this flagged asap.
  • john-peden - November 2, 2012 7:46 p.m.

I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 7 with both stock browser and chrome
  • InfogramesRadar - November 4, 2012 4:51 p.m.

Same here on plain old google chrome
  • Person5 - October 31, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I'm sincerely shocked BEN isn't on this list. The haunted copy of Majora's Mask which houses Ben's spirit, THAT is a creepy read. The story along with the videos the only person to play the copy put up on YouTube. Where the game happens in all different orders, killing Link randomly and the like to get a message across. It drove the player mad if I remember correctly.
  • profile0000 - October 31, 2012 10:48 a.m.

Alright, these are really creepy stories. Makes for a great read though.
  • Bodock - October 30, 2012 11:26 p.m.

Faceless Squall will keep me up for weeks
  • archnite - October 30, 2012 10:04 p.m.

I think you failed to mention how Polybius was basically a seizure beam. Image a rainbow getting physical with a Pink Floyd light show. Now when you stop flopping like a fish, trying playing that mess.
  • FAT47ITY - October 30, 2012 7:28 p.m.

I'm genuinely surprised that the "Pokemon: Ghost Version" creepypasta wasn't on the list.
  • FierceVoltage - November 1, 2012 6:48 p.m.

Whats that?
  • blackbeltbap15 - October 30, 2012 3:56 p.m.

wow, these are interesting, anyone got other ones, i crave more.
  • CitizenWolfie - October 30, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Really enjoyed this article. Didn't know about the FFVIII and Fallout ones in particular. I'm surprised you left out the Majora's Mask "Ben" creepypasta. Sure, it's not the first "haunted bootleg cartridge" legend but it's one of the spookiest I've read. I completely got sucked in when I first read the story and was sufficiently freaked out after.
  • Technomancer - October 30, 2012 9:16 p.m.

Here's a link to an article about that, with video and a copy of the original 4chan thread http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/09/09/the-urban-legend-of-majoras-haunted-mask/
  • Person5 - October 31, 2012 3:25 p.m.

I should read the comments before posting, I just posted this same thing a bit up. But this is really one of my favorite creepypastas.
  • JarkayColt - October 30, 2012 7:56 a.m.

Nice article, by which I mean, I am now more than sufficiently creeped out. Especially the Lavender Town thing; I knew a little about the fact it was changed, but not that upwards of 200 kids supposedly killed themselves over the original. It might take a while before I can push that thought out my head. Also, the bossfight with Gigyas was creepy enough anyway without the implications that it might've been an alien abortion, and now my entire perception of it has changed for the worse. It's literally one of the only times I've been playing a game whilst thinking "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP" and I don't think that'll do much to help the fact.
  • Mattgyver - October 30, 2012 6:05 a.m.

Is it just me or do the "Previous" and "Next" buttons on the gallery component no longer work in Chrome? Also can't click the other thumbnails - had to open this article in IE.
  • FAT47ITY - October 30, 2012 7:25 p.m.

Yeah, same thing's happening for me, too.
  • GR HollanderCooper - October 31, 2012 10:02 a.m.

IT is working on it, thanks for the note. Please call out any other issues and we'll get them fixed right quick. Let me guess: Mac, Chrome?
  • lawman2593733 - October 31, 2012 2:54 p.m.

May I also say, the videos on the site (specific to Games Radar, not embedded from You Tube) seem to play at a very low quality. There will be points when it seems normal. Others when sound and video are terrible. I just wanted to mention while you were here. Sincerely- Justice Law
  • lawman2593733 - October 31, 2012 2:57 p.m.

For Chrome that is.
  • GhostbustTyler - October 29, 2012 9:31 p.m.

Apparently Ben Drowned is getting the community pick spot. It deserves it though for taking the most messed up Zelda game, or Nintendo game for that matter, and making it about fifty times creepyer. The imagery alone in Majora's Mask is scary, but added with all the logs, entries, and backstory with it makes is effing terrifying. Also, shout out to the person who submitted the hacked Black version in the comments, that was pretty spooky.