Topics

Top 7

• JMarsella09 - September 10, 2012 4:19 p.m.

Dan Hibiki. Why? Because he's Dan Hibiki. After all what is Dan Hibiki, the man, the hero, the legend. Dan Hibiki, Street Fighter or Streetest fighter?
  • shawksta - September 10, 2012 9:23 p.m.

Ah Dan Hibiki, it feels so good to win a watch at Street Fighter 4 with him, it makes you feel like a GOD
  • avantguardian - September 11, 2012 1:02 a.m.

you read my mind, friend.
  • taokaka - September 10, 2012 4:07 p.m.

bet you can't guess who I think should also be on this list............ that's right taokaka. As the strongest of the kaka clan she sets out to become a bounty hunter and capture ragna the bloodedge for the huge bounty on his head, there's only one problem she's a total idiot. She soon manages to find herself begging for food within minutes and eventually bumps into ragna who she pesters into buying her lunch. She also gives the other characters names like with Litch she calls her booby lady and enjoys playing with her boobs. Her fighting style is fast and frantic, she dashes about the screen with her unique ability to to triple dash in air and uses a wide of projectiles that put shouryukens to shame. Her projectiles consist of her throwing items like apples, bowling balls and pillows at the enemy. Unfortunately she isn't really a top tier character due to her attacks being very weak. Some BB fans will probably argue that trollzama is better but taokaka is easily my choice from BB.
  • ViolentLee - September 10, 2012 3:56 p.m.

Wow, lumping both Tekken and Soulcalibur into 1 entry? To me, there is nothing that Yoshimitsu has over Voldo (the Hell Guardian) aside from at-bats. Voldo is a way snappy dresser, is just as unique gameplay-wise, and his weapons are cooler. Maybe you guys just aren't progressive enough to give props to an S&M freak. For shame! (I kid) Honestly, my personal favorite fighting game characters are E. Honda (SF), Kasumi (DOA) and Maxi (Soulcal).
  • RedHarlow - September 10, 2012 2:48 p.m.

Guile, if just for the theme song
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2012 3:50 p.m.

• MattK - September 10, 2012 4:55 p.m.

Go home and be a Guile fan!
  • Godzillarex - September 10, 2012 2:34 p.m.

Riptor! I was so sad when he wasn't included in the sequel to Killer Instinct, and am now even sadder that he wasn't on this list :(
  • slimjim441 - September 10, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Top 3: 1. Mario 2. Scorpion 3. Ryu
  • Gorillaman23 - September 10, 2012 1:43 p.m.

I was looking to see Smash Bros, but wasn't really surprised when it didn't come up. I mean, it didn't really originate any characters itself. But where the hell is Dead or Alive? Seriously, that franchise has no shortage of awesome characters (Lei Fang and Hayate are probably my favorites) and with the fifth main series entry and first game to continue the DOA story in a long while coming out soon, now would be the perfect time to pay some respect. If nothing else, it gave us jiggle physics. You gotta appreciate that.
  • AlbVega - September 10, 2012 1:39 p.m.

See, the reason I dislike gamesradar's Fighting Games articles it is because they're written by people who had been playing fighting games for only like, three or five years. No serious Samurai Shodown player would consider NAKORURU the pinnacle of character design in that series, and Mortal Kombat? Seriously? And not to mention the fact that Dizzt was a much more popular and belover character in GG than Sol. Christ, either you hire some people who actually knows something about fighting games, or just stop writing articles about them.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2012 2:11 p.m.

who are your picks?
  • BladedFalcon - September 10, 2012 2:41 p.m.

I think you meant Dizzy. And sorry, just because it's it's your opinion doesn't make it true. Also, a majority of vote of a community doesn't make it the truth either, just FYI.
  • blakebeauchamp - September 10, 2012 1:32 p.m.

Dio Brando (JJBA) or Juri Han (SF4) are battling for the title of my favorite, but the list is pretty great.
  • Cyberninja - September 10, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Sol is a cool guy, but I am disappointed not to see anyone from Blazblue, I personally wanted to see Noel Vermillion on this list because of the pure epicness she has in the BB story( anyone who has beat CS true end knows what I am talking about.
  • Nap1400 - September 10, 2012 1:03 p.m.

HEY! WHAT'S WITH THE LACK OF SKULLGIRLS HERE?! Really, we got a ninja nurse who uses surgical equipment to attack, a living cartoon who makes references to absolutely EVERYTHING, an immortal cat girl who uses her own blood to fly around and takes her own head off to attack, and none of them are enough for this list? Come on. I would have chosen Peacock, personally. BOMBS AND LOONEY TUNES REFERENCES EVERYWHERE
  • codystovall - September 10, 2012 1:02 p.m.

Pikachu
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2012 3:58 p.m.

I don't think Pokemon is truly a fighting game, it's more of an RPG. And Pikachu isn't even that good of a fighter. Give me Garchomp please.
  • Nap1400 - September 10, 2012 6:24 p.m.

He meant Smash Bros. Though to be honest that isn't much of a true fighter either. And it's a crossover game, so there's that.
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2012 7:29 p.m.

And that was going to be my next argument if Smash Bros. was mentioned.