We Recommend

• nadrewod999 - December 10, 2009 11:03 p.m.

You forgot Wolfenstien. Played it to pass the time when I was sick. Single-player felt like a complete grind, with enemies gaining so much health after just a few missions that I was afraid to even move around the city, and when I played multiplayer to get a couple of "quick" achievements, I truly suffered, because not only were there few people online (I was playing it about a week after it released), but the controls were horrible.
  • Cyberninja - December 10, 2009 10:14 p.m.

i think that you should gather some friends to play those few games that you have no one to play with you
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - December 10, 2009 9:53 p.m.

Tyler, your new profile pic is bound to get you laid.
  • conchking - December 10, 2009 9:11 p.m.

Sorry meant singleplayer focused
  • conchking - December 10, 2009 9:10 p.m.

Silverstone go to the darkside and say it you know you want to. I'll start you off "Firs-" finish it. Anyway the Kane & Lynch multiplayer looks like a neat idea that should be put in another game. Also didn't 3D realms make PREY so I'd think that it would have no players. One more thing, why did take 2K have to cram multiplayer into Bioshock 2 instead of making it completely multiplayer focused
  • crumbdunky - December 10, 2009 8:33 p.m.

Well, the force is strong with you young silverstone-many would have fiven in to the darkside and used the "f" word gleefully but not you young padawan. Well done. As I recall K&L MP was actually OK once you got your head round some sticky controls while DS on PS3 at least was ruined by the dact you couldn't properly steer the claive with the Sixaxis like you were meant to-did you steer it with sticks on the 360? KP was a decent game and I played a little the other week on Live with som,e mates and had a hoot. Stranglehold, however, should be killed off itself, for ever. There are some surprisingly old games on both PSN and Live that still have decent amounts of players even outside of the usual suspects ,like Gears, Halo and Resistance1 and 2. You can find games for FEAR2 easy enough and Warhawk is still as strong as ever and we still play UT3 every tuesday on PSN which, since the Titan pack has been pretty cool and we still import some mods over that this French fella who lives up my road makes(he's cool as well and this week we've played on a map of his backgarden with one base on a shelf in the shed and the other only accessible via a chain of lily pads on the pond!)-still great run and gunning odd the nmore beaten track. It's true, though, as for every unexpected success(like U2 will definitely be)there's a host of forgettavle wastes of bufget who's only real purpose was to steal funds rom the SP campaign. Then you have things like the Vs content for RE5 which just make you wiish mp had bever happened-seriously who thinks that was good, even average idea?
  • hinerl01 - December 10, 2009 8:27 p.m.

IMO, Frontlines: Fuel of War should be added to this list
  • Silverstone - December 10, 2009 8 p.m.

Good article, I remember a few of these games.. wait whats this.. there doesnt seem to be a comment above mine.. must...resist..