• slapdatass - January 29, 2011 3:49 a.m.

Say what you will, Thrill Kill has awesome box art.
  • aperson789 - January 29, 2011 3:33 a.m.

idk that campfire game looked and sounded pretty cool...... :P
  • ScottP480 - January 29, 2011 3:31 a.m.

I was actually looking forward to Campfire back in the day! It was around the time Manhunt came out, which I still think is a fun game. I remember looking for updates on Gamespot pretty often but eventually the updates just stopped. I still think the idea is intriguing.
  • Letter11 - January 29, 2011 2:32 a.m.

Awesome article guys. A cancelled game I was always looking forward to was True Fantasy Live Online. I think Level-5 was making it and their only real blemish was White Knight Chronicles. Oh and I may be the only person but I actually loved Sonic Spinball!
  • d0x - January 29, 2011 2:31 a.m.

That Sonic 16 game could have worked if he moved slightly faster and the camera actually panned with the sprite instead of making you walk up and wait for it to move to the next section. I see what they were going for but the execution is incredibly flawed.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - January 29, 2011 2:29 a.m.

I don't think campfire would've been terrible at all. Alien vs. Predator gives you that feeling of being the Villain and being feared but you also have to stick to the shadows and pick your moment like any horror villain because you're not some invincible god. And anyway what FPS doesn't cast you as an invincible killing machine these days.
  • JenosIdanian - January 29, 2011 2:15 a.m.

That screen shot from Tattoo Assassins with the turkey still has me laughing.
  • JD_Method - January 29, 2011 2:05 a.m.

I know someone who had a Gizmondo. I don't talk to him anymore.
  • AuthorityFigure - January 29, 2011 1:55 a.m.

They seem truly terrible. Truly, truly terrible. Terrible.
  • kyle94 - January 29, 2011 1:40 a.m.

Honestly, I think that Campfire game sounds kinda interesting. It would be fun being the bad guy, and you never really play as the horror villain except for some old games on the Atari...and I guess Alien vs. Predator... Yea, it would be messed up, and you would probably be overpowered (unless they added rednecks with shotguns and cops), but I would play it. Unless it was really buggy and crappy. But the game could be like Manhunt, only with stupid blonde teenagers instead of gang members.
  • FinderKeeper - January 29, 2011 1:40 a.m.

Finishing move: INCINERATE!!1! X-D
  • Heyexclamationpoint - January 29, 2011 1:08 a.m.

Interesting you guys put the N64 Robotech game in that initial bunch, I recall reading a report from whichever E3 it was that the game was rubbish. I was really looking forward to it too since I love Robotech, but I guess Battle Cry on the PS2 years later would fill that void.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 29, 2011 12:57 a.m.

The only one of those games I heard of was BC.
  • indianair5 - January 29, 2011 12:55 a.m.

Correction: "Reverse Survival Horror" would be RORROH LAVIVRUS, which I'm pretty sure means something in some hypothetical Japanese/Latin mashup language. I've always been fascinated by cancelled games, and perhaps at the same time frustrated. You're always wanting to see prototypes and screenshots but alot of companies lock them up and throw away the key it seems. BTW, there was a WWE game that Game Informer did a whole spread on back in like 2000. I believe it was going to be another backstage assault game for the yet unreleased PS2, and I believe it was cancelled, but I for the life of me cannot find any screenshots of the game! Normally I wouldn't care so much about a wrestling game but I remember really being blown away by the graphics and I've been curious to just sorta take a look at it again... if anyone could find this I would be in your debt.
  • Stabby_Joe - January 29, 2011 12:44 a.m.

I don't know, Thrill Kill for me personally wasn't that bad of game in multiplayer, and the 4 player style fighting had promise... ...HAD promise.
  • Yeager1122 - January 28, 2011 11:50 p.m.

Star Fox 2 didnt sound all that bad but its non realease wot change.
  • Thunderpunch - January 28, 2011 11:25 p.m.

In the second Tattoo Assassins picture; Is that a floating plate of turkey?
  • Bawheidbob - January 28, 2011 11:16 p.m.

Man that sonic game was bad. I may of quite liked Star Fox 2 i loved the first game. Could not of been that bad could it
  • Japanaman - January 28, 2011 11:08 p.m.

Liars. You knew very well people had played Thrill Kill. And I already played Star Fox 2 and Tattoo Assassins and liked both very well. Well, make that one game very well and the other enjoyed it as a MK parody.
  • Bunlert - January 28, 2011 10:55 p.m.

There's a MAME rom of Tattoo Assassins out there - I played and finished it very recently. The AI's really broken, so it was pretty easy to jump-kick my way to victory. It's awful. :\