• MisterAdequate - April 15, 2010 11:16 a.m.

Guys seriously, it's going to come out in 2017, that's why they're calling it 20 years of FFVII. Although it will be probably be an FPS alas poor X-Com
  • 4fromK - April 15, 2010 10:50 a.m.

WHY WONT SQUARE JUST PRINT MONEY ALREADY
  • Clovin64 - April 15, 2010 10:02 a.m.

The very idea of an FFVII remake gets me all hot under the coller...the FFVII spin-offs were mostly enjoyable in some form or other (Crisis Core being the best) but none of them come any where near the original game. By the way, if they did make a FFVII remake, it wouldn't just be the orginal game with amazing graphics, a lot of things would be changed. For a start, you probably wouldn't wander across a massive visable world map looking down at a tiny yellow spike running around. You'd probably get outdoor corridor areas linking the towns and cities, like FFXII. Also consider the battle system. If they just replicated FFVII's then it would admittedly be too old fashioned for the current generation (although I love it!). Then if they made a brand new system, then it would inevitably divide opinion (like FFXIII) and many fans would roar thet SE have ruined FFVII. AND EVEN THEN lots of FF fans who prefer other FF games to VII would be upset that their faveourite FF was being unfairly neglected in favour of FFVII. It just reminds me of a key rule about life in general: You can't please everyone.
  • kytano_skorpius - April 15, 2010 9:22 a.m.

I am of the opinion that we'll have a better chance of Duke Nukem Forever being released than a Final Fantasy VII remake. By the way SE, want to make a shitload of money without spending a shitload making a FF7 remake? FF6 on the DS. I know you can do it Square!
  • jmcgrotty - April 15, 2010 7:18 a.m.

In the caption for one of the pix, you said " If you want a Final Fantasy VII remake to look as good as XIII does now, it would take over three years". Based on your own article, this isn't true. It would take 10.5 to 14 years to make. Why are there two words for the Captcha? You only need to type the first one.
  • Yaro - April 15, 2010 6:32 a.m.

If I were locked in a room for a week as a test subject and the examiner would ask me: "We will monitor your condition etcetera etcetera, you now have a choice. We will either provide you with Final Fantasy VIII and a PSX or Final Fantasy VII REMAKE and a PS3, which would you prefer?" I'd just grab VIII without a second thought. I understand how fans are excited by a remake but seriously, let's move on. I'd much rather see a sequel to Valkyrie Profile 2 on a PS3. (SE just published VP2 I know) Or some other IP. =) With that said, I wouldn't exactly mind to see what would it look like if they actually really make it.
  • Kisokuiki - April 15, 2010 5:04 a.m.

I played most of the other FF games before FF7, and I honestly didn't like it THAT much compared to the rest. A remake could probably change that, though - my biggest problem was the translation.
  • Irishranger - April 15, 2010 4:10 a.m.

Nice to see it all laid out so well. Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but it seems to me that with the economy the way it is and game publishers having to work overtime just trying to figure out what gamers want, a project of this magnitude just doesn't seem likely in this console generation. Maybe a generation or two down the road when FF VII moves from classic status to legendary, then, someone will begin work on a remake. That being said, who knows what other amazing stories we will have seen by then.
  • lnksmartt - April 15, 2010 3:58 a.m.

I would love a remake, its not going to happen but it would be great. Plus they need to finish Kingdom hearts 3 and the FF13 verses first
  • n00b - April 15, 2010 3:57 a.m.

as much as i would like a VII remake i would like a VI remake even more. not a DS remake like 4 but a current gen remake. i would have a much more dramatic impact than VII since it was in 2d.
  • GoldenMe - April 15, 2010 3:23 a.m.

Guess what. FFVII was when the Final Fantasy series started to suck. I hated it, III is 20 times better, fanboys can fuck off.
  • RogueRED - April 15, 2010 1:40 a.m.

Y'know...funny thing. You all seem to give these shitty speeches about how you dnt give a crap about if it gets remade. But BTW.... THOSE OF US WHO WANT THE GAME DNT GIVE A CRAP. So take your hated opinions and go bitch on a forum, if that is your thing.
  • Vagrant - April 15, 2010 1:26 a.m.

I don't understand how self-proclaimed games journalists can still harp on about this. -Look at how games are made. -Play Final Fantasy VII. -Realise that it can't be made at a current gen level. That's all there is to it. From the game being too big, to having too many unique areas and texture sets (unless you use pre-rendered backgrounds again, but they're not considered current gen) to having too much dialogue to put into voice acting (if you've ever installed a Bioware game on a PC - you should know how much space voice acting takes up), to somehow adapting the world map, to building all those minigames, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. That's not even mentioning the battle system. Here's your article: this was noticable three years ago and Square-Enix knows they can't do this. Christ, it took them FOUR years to make a game about corridors! Given FFVII's pre-rendered backgrounds, it doesn't even need a remake. Get over the little hourglass armed character models and the poor audio quality and play the game. Just get over this. I'm entirely sick of hearing about this crap when it's so obviously not going to happen anytime soon.
  • fanboyhunter - April 15, 2010 12:41 a.m.

FF 7 is still my favorite one but there is no need to remake such a game any more than they needed to make all those spinoffs. Just make a serious effort to ramp up development on the newer entries in the franchise and keep aiming for the quality of FF 7, 10.
  • fanboyhunter - April 15, 2010 12:36 a.m.

FF 7 is still my favorite but I don't really need a remake. Just step up the production time for FF games in general and aim for the high quality of FF 7, 9, 10 and all will be swell.
  • KevlarTurban - April 15, 2010 12:31 a.m.

I am the guy that everyone hates because I cannot let go of this game. I simply can't explain it. I was twelve when this game came out, and I remember looking at screens for it in GamePro magazine when I was TEN and freaking out! This is the first game I cared about YEARS before it even made it to our consoles, and the fact that it didn't dissapoint in the least has cemented this game as a keystone in my gaming DNA. That being said, I simply cannot play it anymore. I tried recently, and simply could not get past how bad the game looked on my HDTV. I often found myself placing the controller down and closing my eyes just to sit and listen to the music rather than play the game because the visuals were stomping on my rose colored glasses. If this game were to be remade, I think it would make me more happy than any game that has been released in the last two decades.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 15, 2010 12:22 a.m.

Why they didn't just do the FF7 remake instead of another crappy online FF is beyond me.
  • Cyberninja - April 15, 2010 12:08 a.m.

Before crisis looks like discida for psp if you look at the artwork and then disidias cover
  • CH3BURASHKA - April 14, 2010 11:16 p.m.

My theory is that the game is never gonna be made, and they are saying it's 'a possibility' to keep the fanboy dolts happy, or rabid, enough to snap up all FF games available so as to somehow influence Square's decision. IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE. MOVE ON.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - April 14, 2010 11:02 p.m.

Every time I read an article about how Final Fantasy 7 may be remade, I die a little inside. Let it go, people. Even if it only took five years to make and they started today, we wouldn't see it until 2015. During that time, they wouldn't be able to focus on a new FF, any new IP's or other IP's *coughKingdomHeartscough* There are so many other things they should work on rather than remaking this, no matter how big an impact it had on RPG's in America.