Topics

Top 7

• drunation - March 4, 2009 1:15 p.m.

Great top 7! i would add crackdown, I know its a gta rip off but its fun enough, though i would not put it anywhere near the top 7 you have here.
  • RooringRA - March 4, 2009 6:02 a.m.

SoTC was a great game best game for Ps2 in my opinion, plus I loved killing the Collosi hearing them scream in pain whenever I stabbed them when there special parts glowed hahahahahaha! but in reality killing them did feel kinda sucky lol
  • eeaghk2112 - March 4, 2009 12:55 a.m.

You know something I realized as I was reading the Shadow of the Colossus section? Dormin is nimrod spelled backwards. I jsut find it kinda funny for some really hard to explain reason.
  • SonicX_89 - March 3, 2009 10:11 p.m.

I don't know if its mentioned already, but Crackdown also had one of these moments. It may have not been significant enough to the GR list, or they may have forgotten about it. The twist at the end did surprise; I wonder how the story will work out in Crackdown 2
  • nguy123 - March 3, 2009 8:58 p.m.

I hated killing the collosi right from the start. They were just so awesome! My favorite was the eel.
  • Ell223 - March 3, 2009 7:16 p.m.

what about assassins creed? haven't played it in a while but didn't that have a similar twist to these?
  • oryandymackie - March 3, 2009 4:25 p.m.

yeah, strange that I felt remorse over BioShock, I'd killed some COMPUTER-GENERATED NPC's, and i feel guilty
  • craigkiller - March 3, 2009 3:58 p.m.

I'm surprised Dead Space din't appear!
  • Dreddwar - March 3, 2009 3:32 p.m.

Also I must mention something about Braid. I've heard on many a site that the plot also does not involve a princess, but she is like a term to describe a nuclear bomb, and Tim is a bomb scientist who has ruined the life and distorted time with his bomb. I prefer the stalker ending lol.
  • rybell - March 3, 2009 2:39 p.m.

another big one is assassins creed. the plot twist you can kind of see coming but still quite shocking
  • pimlicosound - March 3, 2009 1:15 p.m.

Jade Empire has a good twist, where your kind and gentle kung-fu master turns out to have been manipulating you as part of his grand plan to overthrow the Emperor (his brother) and install himself as evil leader. Naturally, you get to kick his ass.
  • Clownsarescary - March 3, 2009 8:46 a.m.

This is a fantastic article, I never get bored hearing about the depth of Braid. On the other hand, Bioshock's story is unbelievebly overrated. So a dude reveals you're a tool to his demands, big deal.
  • antknee27 - March 3, 2009 5:54 a.m.

SotC = great game that will never get a Next Gen sequel or remake that everyone is dying for....
  • FadedLineVigil - March 3, 2009 4:53 a.m.

How could Silent Hill 2 not make this list? (SPOILER WARNING)You find out you're actually a serial killer and that you murdered your sick wife!
  • mEgAzD - March 3, 2009 3:39 a.m.

I knew it, Shadow of the Colossus had to be in the list (never played any of these games except Bioshock)
  • Romination - March 3, 2009 3:02 a.m.

MY GOD whenever i look at a bioshock spoiler it spoils at a deeper level. agh....
  • Harmon20 - March 3, 2009 2:38 a.m.

How about Assassin's Creed? After killing Robert de Sable, *spoilers* you realize that your master tried to get that super powered orb all for himself. And you just killed everyone who tried to take it from him. And then he WOULD rule over everything, of course, were it not for you. And then the whole plot kicking in then credits thing... But you knew those scientists were Templars a little earlier... *end spoilers*
  • animeman - March 3, 2009 1:51 a.m.

It took me so long to figure out the ending of Shadow of Colossus when I first beat it.
  • HungryBeaver - March 3, 2009 1:23 a.m.

Good article @Skykid - that's why it's called "Rise of the Empire" the Empire are the evil people. They want you to do evil things for them.
  • Unoriginal - March 2, 2009 11:32 p.m.

The best kind of "oops youre evil" twists are the ones that you have to play the entire game again to fully understand it. Bioshock is fun the 2nd time becouse now you know everything.