Topics

Top 7

• gatornation1254 - March 4, 2009 2:40 a.m.

Great article. I loved Bioshock. I didn't see that twist coming at all. I just did whatever Atlas did because he was a friendly face in a dark place like Rapture.
  • Synster - March 4, 2009 1 a.m.

Dude. Shadow of the Colossus was freaking depressing at most. From the time I first saw an Advert for it in a local Game store, to when I beat it, It went from "YEAH! DIE YOU UNFAIRLY HUGE GIANTS!" to "Wait....Somethings wrong", to "Well...." and finally, "...........Well that Sucks. Hard. All that for nothing? "
  • pheendogg - March 3, 2009 11:24 p.m.

I can not believe no KOTOR!!!!
  • jackson - March 3, 2009 11:10 p.m.

in Super Paper Mario you killed the king of those plant people because they were capturing the rock people But in actuality you killed the plant peoples best king who was trying to the best of his abilities to keep his race alive! Now thats being EVIL!
  • Thequestion 121 - March 3, 2009 8:57 p.m.

That was a great article. Shadow of the Colossus blew me away with its ending. I love that game so much.
  • hdbngr15 - March 3, 2009 6:42 p.m.

What about assassins creed? all of that work tou did so your kind could rule the world!
  • MacGyver1138 - March 3, 2009 3:36 p.m.

Great article. The only game that I didn't play was Haze, and I loved all of the other ones. Shadow of the Colossus is a beautiful game, and the play on videogame conventions is really cool. I would add Crackdown to the list, though it did not use any subtle clues before the reveal, other than the fact that the Agency Tower is kind of monolithic and intimidating. At least you were fighting actual "bad guys" in that game, even though you do so in serving other "bad guys."
  • Dreddwar - March 3, 2009 3:25 p.m.

I remember FFIV on the original snes. Due to the twist at the start, I'm starting to find most modern game plots lame. Latest good game plots are battlefield bad company, cus its actually funny, and gears of war 2 purely because it is so well done.
  • Awesomeitude1523 - March 3, 2009 2:23 p.m.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when Me and my brother were playing Bioshock and we got to the twist, we just couldn't believe it. We had always thought Ryan was the bad guy, but turns out YOU'RE the bad guy. UNbelievable, but a masterpiece of storytelling.
  • TrIp13G - March 3, 2009 8:42 a.m.

@antknee27: Isn't Ico technically that game's sequel?
  • RedOutlive10 - March 3, 2009 4:30 a.m.

Ahh, Deus Ex. Even if I disliked the endings, the game really allowed you to choose the way you could deal with your goals and convictions in a unique fashion. Loved it.
  • nitrocole - March 3, 2009 3:56 a.m.

These kinds of twists are awsome =D
  • rocketfuel - March 3, 2009 3:11 a.m.

Yes, Fighters guild was the quest line. To this day I still play oblivion like I just picked it up. Bioshock was one of my favourite storys ever. It is really the only horror game I play. Also loved SotC, I remember picking it up with my friend, thinking, this looks neat... not knowing the power it was about to unleash on us lol.
  • MoChilla - March 3, 2009 3:08 a.m.

I wish I could read this article. =(
  • xFnKxTaLeNtx - March 3, 2009 2:41 a.m.

cool feature made me think about games differently
  • theschwartzb - March 3, 2009 2:17 a.m.

The quest in Oblivion that had to do with the sap of the Hist Tree is actually a fighter's guild quest. reCaptcha: 3-year-olds EWING WTF
  • BoondockSaint54 - March 3, 2009 2:17 a.m.

Fun article. I just can't believe that Star Ware: Knights of the Old Republic didn't make it in there. That was the biggest for me. Probably even more so than Bioshock.
  • NelosAngelos - March 3, 2009 1:28 a.m.

I love twists like these. It shows how easily manipulated you can be from just appearance alone. The happy grinning dressed all in white friendly guy will tell you to do something. Will you question him? of course not, because to you he looks like a good person. It really makes you think.
  • LionheartAce - March 2, 2009 11:27 p.m.

Yes, Shadow of the Colossus. I was so upset when I realized what the were. Damn that game!
  • ryno - March 2, 2009 11:25 p.m.

haze and lair were awsome i dont care what anyone says its all a matter of opinion whats with the dumb word chalanges that are requiered to leave a comment its just stupid