• thefreakysurgeon - September 20, 2010 8:21 p.m.

even though i personally didn't like DKC, i have to hand it to Rare. The water levels were pretty fun
  • michaelmcc827 - September 20, 2010 7:53 p.m.

Woah...getting serious deja vu reading this, I swear this has been an article before.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - September 20, 2010 7:42 p.m.

I love Jolly Rodger Bay. Its just relaxing as hell to play through. Where is all the hate coming from?
  • batmanboy11 - September 20, 2010 7:31 p.m.

Good list, although I haven't played a couple of them.
  • Clovin64 - September 20, 2010 7:21 p.m.

Yeah! Dino Crisis 2 gets some love! Seriously, its one of my absolute fave games ever and the water level was incredible. DC2 was such a fast arcade shooter, and the under water level completely changed everything. Also, that bit with the massive Pleisosaur (or whatever its called...Nessie?) is one of my fondest gaming momments ever. Of course Shadow of the Colossus had to be here. It is the greatest game ever. Can't wait for the HD re-release!
  • Yaro - September 20, 2010 7:12 p.m.

The SotC part is full of love. Ps3 yay!
  • JADENkOTOR - September 20, 2010 6:16 p.m.

DKC for sure. I don't see why everybody has a problem with Jolly Roger Bay... I thought it was a great level in one of the best games of that generation. How did the ghost ship from Super Mario World not make it? That is one of the best water levels of all time... period.
  • twix407 - September 20, 2010 4:06 p.m.

I agree with the DK level as the best but I don't see Jolly Roger Bay in there I always got frustrated with the controls even still with Mario Galaxy I didn't like the water controls. I think a Mario Sunshine level would have been better in its place. But I do like the music on Jolly Roger Bay.
  • papergoon - September 20, 2010 3:04 p.m.

I know it's irrelevant here but, Aquaria! The whole game takes place underwater and the developers (2 of them if I'm not wrong) were able to craft out a masterpiece. One of the best water-based games out there
  • RonnyLive19881 - September 20, 2010 2:51 p.m.

Nice to see some Nintendo love on this site! Quit picking on Mario for his awesomeness!
  • crazyer - September 20, 2010 1:37 p.m.

i hate to be "that guy" but i think lbp should have been on here
  • Rhymenocerous - September 20, 2010 1:32 p.m.

Surely there should be some Tomb Raider here? By the way that water Colossus terrifies me
  • onewingedantista - September 20, 2010 1:32 p.m.

What about the underwater facility in KotOR?
  • KnightDehumidifier - September 20, 2010 1:01 p.m.

Whoa whoa whoa, no Hydro Thunder?
  • Hurricrane - September 20, 2010 12:46 p.m.

Hasn't GR done an article like this before?
  • tomthespesh - September 20, 2010 12:39 p.m.

Gotta agree with the Mario and Banjo Kazooie levels I loved them, and Jolly Roger Bay music is fantastic. However Dying in the water level was horrible watching the poor sod drown, it gave me nightmares as a child and is still a horrible way to watch a character go.
  • AGENTJORRRG - September 20, 2010 11:42 a.m.

Crash Bandicoot 3??? RC Revenge Pro?? (If you've ever heard of it)
  • Shoopaah - September 20, 2010 11:24 a.m.

Still can't get over the fact there's no water levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns. :(
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - September 20, 2010 10:57 a.m.

I was listening to a brilliant, orchestral remix of Aquatic Ambience on the way home before I read this. It was nice to see Donkey Kong Country win, I was really expecting you guys to pull a fast one and say Bioshock is the king of all underwater levels (even if it's technically a whole game and not a single level).
  • lawless77 - September 20, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Dang! No One Lives Forever gets left out again.