• CitizenWolfie - January 17, 2011 5:02 p.m.

I thought the aerial dogfight in Black Ops' "Payback" mission was pretty intense. Especially if you go for the "With Extreme Prejudice" Achievement
  • skeletalbutton - January 17, 2011 5 p.m.

The COD 4 helicopter wasn't really a boss fight at all, but it was pretty awesome all the same.
  • Imp0ssibl3 - January 17, 2011 4:43 p.m.

I was really surprised Battlefield Bad Company didn't make the list. The last boss of the first game was absolutely great, way better than CoD 4.
  • twinkletitsMcGee - January 17, 2011 4:31 p.m.

@HankVenture Ironically the only helicopter happens in the same level as the carnival, which is the only level you say you remember...
  • celticsfan645 - January 17, 2011 4:03 p.m.

Dead Justin Bieber FTW
  • Games_Radar_DaveMeikleham - January 17, 2011 3:59 p.m.

@FauxFurry That is indeed epic. If I'd have been aware of it's existence prior to writing this feature, I would have definitely have included it. I would also have possibly chosen Timesplitters 2, but alas could source no decent images of the Siberia level. :(
  • FauxFurry - January 17, 2011 3:56 p.m.

Notable helicopter battles from Tiger Heli or Warhawk (okay,those were VTOL aircraft) or any other helicopter based game being omitted from the list I can understand since those would merely count as outstanding battles in games dominated by aerial warfare,but no Ninja Gaiden? A ninja armed with a bow and arrow versus an armored assault chopper? A match-up like that ought to be guaranteed a spot based upon concept alone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boEZMm5zSOw&feature=related
  • Chaoscoolperson - January 17, 2011 3:52 p.m.

I say that honourable mentions should be any helicopter fight in prototype and the one at the end of the first Battlefield Bad company.
  • Lionzest7 - January 17, 2011 3:28 p.m.

I agree with uncharted 2 being #1. The E3 demo instantly prompted my preorder of the game, and that part was one of the best sequences in the game!
  • KidKatana - January 17, 2011 3:28 p.m.

Leftenant Price. Brilliant.
  • HankVenture - January 17, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Not only did I forget about CoD's chopper, but I still can't remember it. I beat the game but I only remember the carnival mission. but the half life 2 chopper fight MMMM sooo hard the first couple times I played then I got the hang of it and BAM quick and easy like my sister
  • Pruman - January 17, 2011 3:23 p.m.

I would add the entire game of Battlefield 2 to this list. Good chopper pilots are such a terror to just about anything on the ground that whenever I managed to put a tank shell through one of those bastards, I did a little dance. Also, OT, BF2 had Modern Warfare's experience and persistent unlocks three years before Modern Warfare made them cool. :P
  • Spocksjock - January 17, 2011 3:13 p.m.

No battlefield bad company? That was like the last boss fight and I remember it being fun.
  • nsotos3 - January 17, 2011 3:11 p.m.

The Hind D battle from MGS1 and the Uncharted 2 helicopter chase were my favorites.
  • Pocotron - January 17, 2011 2:55 p.m.

I never really thought the Psychopath battles in Dead Rising 2 were that bad. Sure I died a lot, but once you level up and see the pattern, it's pretty easy.