• elpurplemonkey - January 17, 2011 11:04 p.m.

Great inclusion of Uncharted 2- the fact that you included a video of the whole thing makes it even better.
  • austinthebookworm - January 17, 2011 10:49 p.m.

The helicopter returns for the train sequence in Uncharted 2
  • sleepy92ismypsn - January 17, 2011 10:38 p.m.

I just got around to finishing GTA 3 in early 2010. All the freedom was amazing back in the day but now GTA 3 doesn't have much going for it besides the awesome missions. I also just got around to playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time back in 2010. What an amazing game. If it weren't for the camera angles and the 1998 graphics, I would have thought I was playing a PS3 game. Uncharted 2, What can I say that hasn't been said? Such an all around incredible game.
  • batmanboy11 - January 17, 2011 10:27 p.m.

Damn fine list. Nice to see MGS1, CoD 4 and Wolverine make the cut.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 17, 2011 9:44 p.m.

I lol'd at uncharted... At about 2:20 it looks like Nathan does an explosive rugby tackle.
  • Baron164 - January 17, 2011 9:24 p.m.

I was almost hoping for an honorable mention to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand and the gazillion Chopper fights in that game, but of course they don't hold a candle to Uncharted 2.
  • Picnic1 - January 17, 2011 8:58 p.m.

Apart from GTA3- that will have been thought of , being released only a few months later. And I suppose some others might have been thought of, just not made by then. Sorry.
  • Picnic1 - January 17, 2011 8:54 p.m.

Don't forget Jet Set Radio and Viewtiful Joe. All of these games hadn't even been thought of when you could spray graffit on the side of a helicopter in Jet Set Radio.
  • Y2Ken - January 17, 2011 8:54 p.m.

Oh and @coolfool - I bought it about 3 weeks ago for about £6 and it's definitely worth that, won't take you too long to get through but it's a really enjoyable God of War-a-like while it lasts.
  • Y2Ken - January 17, 2011 8:52 p.m.

I remember Helicopters won Giant Bomb's Villain of the Year in 2009, thanks to the likes of Uncharted 2, X-Men Origins, 50 Cent: BotS, Modern Warfare 2 and many more. And yeah much as 50 Cent isn't a great game, as far as fighting helis go it's a big one. Personal favourite is the Hind from MGS1 but the Uncharted 2 helis are damn good too.
  • sgloomy - January 17, 2011 8:52 p.m.

I had totally forgotten about the ninja gaiden battle too, that games last series of boss battles is so freaking hard the rest of it is hard to remember!
  • gilgamesh310 - January 17, 2011 8:47 p.m.

The helicopter battle in Half Life 2 is so much easier in pc version of the game than it is on consoles.
  • Bravo315 - January 17, 2011 7:05 p.m.

Completely agree with the list but was kinda surprised GTA IV's didn't make it. I mean, it's all nice and realistic then suddenly you find yourself doing an insane motorbike jump onto a chopper to chase one of the 2 antagonists. Quite a few in IV and the Episodes to be honest.
  • coolfool - January 17, 2011 6:59 p.m.

Wow, now I really want that wolverine game ... and no Just Cause 2 on this list is a crime.
  • chilarome - January 17, 2011 6:47 p.m.

@CH3BURASHKA I hated the helicopter fights in Prototype. They got SO repetitve and annoying. But there is a certain satisfaction having jacked a helicopter, killed the other 2, and then proceeded to destory the city. Sweet death by helicopter..
  • Ironarm - January 17, 2011 6:27 p.m.

I immediately knew that Uncharted 2 would be number 1! Best action game...EVER!
  • CH3BURASHKA - January 17, 2011 6:01 p.m.

I was totally expecting Prototype to be mentioned, seeing as how that was the highlight of the game. Also, you completely forgot 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. I know you say, "We didn't forget, we discussed it and thought it wasn't worthy", but in this case I KNOW you forgot 50 Cent: BotS because it's deserved of the number 1 spot just for its craziness and frequency. YO FIDDY! Great list. Thanks for reminding me of the MGS1 battle with the Hind. It was so epic I nearly expected the game to be over after I shot it down for good.
  • JADENkOTOR - January 17, 2011 5:45 p.m.

I know that Battlefield BC2 helicopter fights are in multiplayer, but the are hands down the best helicopter battles you will ever take part in. #1 in my opinion.
  • SausageLozenge - January 17, 2011 5:33 p.m.

Wasn't there a Contra where you were running on the blades of a helicopter?
  • manicania - January 17, 2011 5:10 p.m.

DarkSector should be in here...just sayin' that helicopter fight was frickin intense.