Topics

Top 7

• BattleBuddy - June 22, 2009 7:17 a.m.

FFVII was a good game period. But! I my favorite of the series will always be FFII. Best rpg of all time for me, well that and Chrono Trigger.
  • Kittfox - May 25, 2009 7:15 a.m.

THANK YOU!! I'm sorry, but I've been waiting over a DECADE for someone to say something bad about Final Fantasy 7. All honesty, probably my least favourite of the entire series; angty characters (few of whom were particularly likable), an unnecessarily dark storyline, and the worst villain I've seen in a game since Drakkan in Uninvited. Thank you for finally knocking FFVII down off its high horse a little bit. Thank you also for reading.
  • YoshiFtJ - May 12, 2009 4:03 p.m.

VII doesn't deserve this. VI does. Also make a Top 7 Underrated Games with VIII being number 1. ...maybe Beyond Good and Evil.
  • NottaFanboY - May 8, 2009 8:34 p.m.

Lol! FFVII ! I know so many fanboys that would hunt you down for that! The truth hurts and it was long overdue.Don't get me wrong though I love the Final Fantasy franchise
  • melloe - March 21, 2009 5:46 p.m.

you're right — Treasure Mountain was much better to play as a kid than Oregon Trail. but dysentery is too funny...
  • doolahee - March 21, 2009 6:37 a.m.

I think everyone is sort of missing the point of the actual meaning of nostalgia. To be nostalgic means to have a sentimental yearning for something that is past or a longing for the happiness of a former time. Just because someone is nostalgic about something doesn't mean that that thing had to be the best or even good. It just had to mean something. I loved Oregon Trail, not because it was good (in fact it sucked), but it was one of my first video game experiences. But I guess I should forget about that because GR doesn't like it and so no one else should either. "You aren't allowed to like something for no reason. We tell you what to think!" The thing that is sad is that kids today won't have the same nostalgic memories for games. Like spending hours (and way too many quarters) playing a really stupid button-mashing arcade with your friends. Even splitscreen multiplayer is being replaced by online gaming and everyone knows it's more fun to play a game with your friend when they're actually in the room. Sorry, this one kind of struck a nerve. All I really wanted to say is that FFVII is awesome.
  • DabilahroNinja - March 20, 2009 11:34 p.m.

Everyones commenting on FFVII, So shall I. I actually preferred FFVI, as they said, but I still think FFIX is the best in the series. I don't care what people say, and I think that what GR said about Aeris is right. I actually started laughing when she died...actually, waitaminute, I laugh when ANYONE dies in ANY game. Maybe I need a psychiatrist.
  • killboo - March 18, 2009 6:35 a.m.

Just get over it fanboy. What GR said about FFVII is quite true.
  • Gsindahouse - March 17, 2009 10:45 p.m.

I skipped the Love or Hate games article, cause I didn't feel like logging in, but maaan... I HAVE to comment this one Sonic Adventure, ESPECIALLY DX WAS TIGHT!!! of course the second one crushed it, but that's no reason to demean the first! And when the heck did 'Oregon Trail' get any nostalgia? People LOVED the Final Fantasy 7! and Ninja Turtles 4 for SNES was off the chain, see I aint feelin yall this time
  • IronicBob - March 17, 2009 5:28 p.m.

I... Shall... Not... Clown...
  • sepirothpk - March 17, 2009 7:44 a.m.

To RedOutlive 10: Yes I played Final Fantasy VI. It was a great game. However, I find the stories both equal, though sometimes both annoy me slightly. And Celes is similar to Cloud in some aspects. However, I disagree with the Kefka thing. He was a good villain, but he was the type who was pathetic until he got the ultimate power. Sephiroth was always intimidating. It does deserve nolstagia, jut maybe not as much as everyone gives it. I don't have any for it, because I have only been playing it recently
  • RedOutlive10 - February 18, 2009 3:27 a.m.

Oh my,... jackpot with FFVII. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. But have any of the people ready to defend FFVII all the times even played Final Fantasy VI ? It's far more deep, the story is more involving, it doesn't revolve around some oddballs trying to figure what the hell he's supposed to be all the time. The combat is about the same as FFVII. The music is equal, even though the boss tune of FFVI was freaking epic. Even Kefka is more interesting than Sephiroth. FFVII is overrated compared to what Square has offered us before.
  • familiarrealms6 - February 4, 2009 6:47 p.m.

FFvii is one of the single greatest games of all time. it was one of the first games i ever played on the ps1 and i stilled played it towards the end of the ps2 era even ocasionally nowadays.I'm now a 360 gamer to the core and i still find that alot of future gaming can learn alot from the deepness of the storylines used in ffvii. OK, the characters were a little stereotypical, and the gameplay was weak in some areas. But people, ffvii was revelutionary at its time,and 12 years onwards i would still say yes to it over anything.