• JPorFavor - February 7, 2011 3:53 p.m.

Ah, that's why I love DOA. "No bro, I'm totally playing for the fighting." "Then why are both the players in bikinis?" Still a good fighting game, though.
  • P0LARCLAW - February 7, 2011 3:36 p.m.

Where's Hidden Valley from Tekken 6? That level was awesome, and you could've just went the easy way out and put all ssb levels in one spot.
  • db1331 - February 7, 2011 3:18 p.m.

@Justin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATjWqoqq3M&feature=related It's like you are fighting and racing at the same time. Surely that beats floating under a bridge. And that's not even one of the best Smash Bros. levels.
  • KiwiCommander - February 7, 2011 3 p.m.

Good top 7 but I am kind of sad that I did not see any Guilty Gear backgrounds.
  • grizzly311 - February 7, 2011 2:41 p.m.

Very cool top 7! I don't remember the name of it, but I also love the stage on Tekken 6 with the sheep. In fact, it might have been the only thing I loved about Tekken 6.
  • GR_JustinTowell - February 7, 2011 2:36 p.m.

We talked at length about Smash Bros making the list. But the problem is there isn't one specific level that stands out. Can you name a single Smash Bros level that's worthy of an all-time top 7 list? Big Blue is cool, as is the Desert Mario Bros remake, but... well, you see my point.
  • Japanaman - February 7, 2011 2:27 p.m.

Those stages are nice, but not nearly my favs. I'll tell you what. I'll pick one stage each for my favorite fighting games: Street Fighter I: Mountain Stage Street Fighter II: Guile's Stage Street Fighter III: Elena's Stage Street Fighter IV: Las Vegas Street Fighter Alpha: Street with Mini Marts Street Fighter Alpha 2: Sakura's Stage Street Fighter Alpha 3: Tie: Belguim/Dark Version Bison Battle Tekken: Stadium Tekken 2: Church Tekken 3: Carnival Tekken 4: Airport Tekken 5: Night stage with flowers Soul Calibur IV: Stage with water and flowers Def Jam: Fight For NY: Bar Mortal Kombat: Monk Stage Mortal Kombat II: The Pit II Mortal Kombat III: Street UMK3: Hell Virtua Fighter 3: Rooftops I couldn't be pleased more if Virtua Fighter 6 featured the same levels as VF3. The levels give strategy to the whole game. I also want to see more realistic apparel. I don't want to see a bandana knocked off a dude's head when I kick it, but if they are wearing sunglasses, they should get cracked, or a hat should float in the ocean if I knock him/her into the water. You should see characters getting dirty from hitting the ground and more. Also, items should stay off the next round if knocked off in the first round.
  • KnightDehumidifier - February 7, 2011 2:22 p.m.

Yeah, I'd imagine Smash Bros. would make an appearance, considering many if not all of their stages feature some forms of uniqueness and originality. Either in the form of destructible terrain, a myriad of ways to attack your enemies indirectly by the stage itself, or just some of the random Nintendo or even Sega/Konami cameos. Or are you guys just going to state that Smash Bros. is not a fighting game and is just another party game disguised as one?
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - February 7, 2011 2:05 p.m.

Great list, I must admit I was more pleased with this than I should be because my two favourite fighters (if not favourite games) came 1st and 2nd. I can't believe you never mentioned Kens stage though. The background wasn't particularly spectacular sure, but when you see it, you must connect it with Kens music. That was practically the theme of the game, it IS the theme of the game in the HD remix.
  • Corsair89 - February 7, 2011 1:31 p.m.

Screw you guys, Seung Mina is as hot as ever. The really question is why Namco makes Ivy more and more disgusting every game.
  • db1331 - February 7, 2011 1:14 p.m.

I'm surprised nothing from Smash Bros. made the list.
  • WillisTron - February 7, 2011 1:10 p.m.

^ Excuse the messy wording, I've been awake for almost 40 hours :P
  • WillisTron - February 7, 2011 1:08 p.m.

These kinds of articles are why GamesRadar reins supreme. My favorite levels were always ones were the 2 in 1 ones - I remember one from Dead or Alive where it starts in a fancy building but you could be knocked out the window and then fight on the streets :) Good article Justin ;)
  • shamrock77 - February 7, 2011 12:50 p.m.

good list. I really liked the darkstalkers backgound in which you fought on the side of a building. I was blown away by it the 1st time I saw it.
  • IAmARobotWhoTurnsIntoATruckAndIFindNoLevityInThis - February 7, 2011 12:47 p.m.

Why no BB? Kaka village is AWESOME!
  • sniper141 - February 7, 2011 12:44 p.m.

First!!!!!!! But in all seriousness congrats on writing great top sevens every week for the past couple of years