Topics

Top 7

• garnsr - July 26, 2011 4:21 a.m.

I've played half of these. I wonder if you could have gotten 7 Dance Battles out of Nowhere? Bust a Groove and Space Channel 5 are all dancing, but there were a surprising number of non-dance games with dance battles here.
  • batmanboy11 - July 26, 2011 4:38 a.m.

As always, a good list from the Wikiparaz
  • NanoElite666 - July 26, 2011 4:51 a.m.

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal had the dance fight with Courtney Gears. She dance around attacking with her backup dancer robots, and you shot her in the face with all manner of weapons of interstellar destruction... Not much of a dance "battle" now that I think of it. More of a "shoot the dancing enemies!" kinda deal I guess... ... Well, Ratchet can do those side-strafe flips. That's kinda like dancing, right? Right?
  • Tymiegie - July 26, 2011 5:51 a.m.

I love Stubbs the Zombie!!! So glad it wasn't forgotten. Might have to break it out and replay it co-op with one of my friends.
  • OmgBBQ - July 26, 2011 5:51 a.m.

I want to have a dance battle with a well-dressed zombie...
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - July 26, 2011 6:30 a.m.

I always read the Top 7, but sometimes I look at the topics and say, "This can wait til later." I was like, "Dance battles, I get it." But then I saw Topo in the banner. Marry me, Mikel Reparaz.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - July 26, 2011 6:32 a.m.

Also (wish I could just edit my first comment), I'm so fucking happy to see Musashi get any kind of love on the site. "Largely forgotten" is accurate, but personally, I'll NEVER forget it.
  • onewingedantista - July 26, 2011 6:57 a.m.

YAY SLY COOPER! You also forgot the Tango from Sly 2.
  • taokaka - July 26, 2011 9:34 a.m.

bust a groove was awesome. This list has made me want to play elite beat agents again and save the world from aliens.
  • luckyseven - July 26, 2011 11:33 a.m.

I remember the dance off in the Simpsons game...great stuff Mikel
  • philipshaw - July 26, 2011 1:10 p.m.

Space Channel 5 had to be number 1 because that whole game is about dance battles, good to see Sly on here because I love that bit in Sly Copper
  • EnragedTortoise1 - July 26, 2011 1:11 p.m.

GR needs a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment indicator.
  • DecoyOctorok - July 26, 2011 1:17 p.m.

Where's the Kinect Space Channel 5? Come on, Sega!
  • Crypto140 - July 26, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Could you imagin if there were more dance battles in games. Bioshock, Gears of War, Halo even, those would be epic(I smell Kinect spin off titles)
  • glane88 - July 26, 2011 3:43 p.m.

I am saddened by the fact the the epic dance battle in Sly 2 isn't included. You know, the one where you have to ballroom dance with Carmelita (she's kinda a bad guy, eh?) under extreme pressure? Well Sly is calm, but maybe you knew if you screwed up you were done for. Epic ballroom dance is epic.
  • therawski - July 26, 2011 3:51 p.m.

Sly Cooper is awesome, I recently beat A Deadly Dance, it was tougher than it looks.
  • SunnyvaleTrash - July 26, 2011 4:24 p.m.

God I hated the battle in Sly Cooper. Restarting from the beginning of the battle every time i died pushed the limits of my patience.
  • Darkhawk - July 26, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Hooray! Got to watch commercial before finding out "video currently unavailable". Great player, GR
  • Syncmaster - July 26, 2011 6:08 p.m.

Dont you dare say Brave Fencer Musashiden is forgetable!!! its one of my favorite psone games ever! damn funny, gameplay is awesome and the music and voice acting are really memorable. dont worry, I wont be offended by your sacrilege. btw, bust a move and space channel 5 were dance games for all I know.
  • TempariusMaximus - July 26, 2011 6:44 p.m.

omfg that dance battle with Mz. Ruby is so fucking har, she's caused me to rage quit and farm lives many times