Topics

E3 Top 7 WTF

• kor2disturbed - June 14, 2011 5:50 a.m.

You see this is the reason I don't go to E3, that and I'm afraid of flying, and I'm sure as hell not driving all the way there, I live in Ohio. Anyway yes this shit right here.
  • n00b - June 14, 2011 5:33 a.m.

hey, mr McHale wasn't that bad at presenting. actually like him and was expecting at this year's e3 but this mr caffeine guy is terrible
  • Bloodstorm - June 14, 2011 4:47 a.m.

I also laughed quite hard at the Vite AT&T reveal. I have AT&T, it sucks. I would never recommend it.
  • Kethmach - June 14, 2011 4:38 a.m.

Mr. Caffeine was TERRIBLY annoying. He only outshined the terrible Disneyland kids because he was on more often. I understand that he was there to prep the crowd... but after a short while, I wanted to kill him.
  • EvoAnubis - June 14, 2011 4:36 a.m.

I flatly wanted to murder Mr. Caffeine. Him, and whoever the idiot is that hired him to host their conference.
  • Gahmah - June 14, 2011 4:32 a.m.

is Ken Levine Val Kilmer from another universe?
  • doominatorx6 - June 14, 2011 4:30 a.m.

I wasn't there, but during Mr Caffeine's "spectacular" presentation, I can just picture people in the crowd just shouting "YOU SUCK." Oh, and Tom Calancy coming up to punch him in the jaw.
  • Bloodstorm - June 14, 2011 4:29 a.m.

I was quite surprised when they actually let Mr. Caffeine come back out on stage after that opening bit. I'd have fired him on the spot. The Ubi conference as a whole was quite awkward though. Developers just need to come out, say a couple of word and then shut their trap and let their games do the pitching for them. And, OMG, Microsoft if you have a bunch of effing actors on you stage again playing the stupid kinect again next year, I'm going to keep mailing the company boxes with horse heads in them. Could not have been more annoyed. Start wowing the audience again with big reveals. Not a single person there was thinking 'I wonder when they are going to show off the wholesome family games.' Guess what, no casual gamer is watching E3. It's the hardcore gamers, and the press that are all there because they were such hardcore gamers that they got jobs covering news about games. Not a soul cared about any of your fun-for-the-family bull crap.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - June 14, 2011 4:27 a.m.

That last line really got me, "his cavalier douchiness straight out of the worst episodes of entourage"
  • ssj4raditz - June 14, 2011 4:24 a.m.

Good job, Jeremy.
  • CH3BURASHKA - June 14, 2011 4:18 a.m.

I usually respect your opinions. However, this time you're absolutely wrong. I already made a thread on Giant Bomb in support of Mr. Caffeine. Sure he was cringe-worthy, but he does not in any way, shape, or form deserve the #1 spot on this list. Everyone else took great offense; my only question is: have you already forgotten what E3 is like? E3 2010? 2009?? 2008??? My defense rests solely in his execution of his role - he was up there to introduce the games and people, and he did so how? With a fucking personality, something every goddamn presenter forgot to bring this year. And it wasn't a shitty personality - he was extremely amicable and, granted, a bit over the top but in a fun way. He seemed genuinely excited about the games, rather than promoting "immersive gameplay" or reading off a list of buzzwords. I can't fucking believe you, meaning GR and the world at large, consider him to be the worst of the worst (of 2011). Like I said, I usually have something good to say about your articles. Not this one - you are just plain wrong. And how the capital Fuck do you put those little fuckers at #4? The kid literally said "fistbump". That in itself is deserving of an entire new-asshole-ripping article (though that sounds extremely pedophilic).
  • Daruniah - June 14, 2011 4:08 a.m.

Oh Ubi, you got me with that one.
  • MoChilla - June 14, 2011 4:07 a.m.

No Ubisoft, don't hire any of those guys. Hire Demetri Martin and his giant notepad. Hire Jeff Dunham and his puppets (I bet he can make the Vita talk!). I thought Mr. Caffeine was funny. "Believe to Achieve!" I see him jogging into a Hilton hotel lobby to sound of Pump up the Jam after his name has been called.
  • AirickG - June 14, 2011 4:05 a.m.

Corporate people using hip and trendy lingo? How could that possibly have failed?!?
  • smashpro1 - June 14, 2011 3:47 a.m.

The Wiiu tease was just Iwata being a glorious dick, and reveling in it.
  • Fro4show - June 14, 2011 3:46 a.m.

I really thought he was part of a gag or something. I was hoping Altair or Ezio or Desmond or even fking Sam Fisher would come out of nowhere and stab him in the anywhere. But then it didn't happen.
  • 8bitBaby - June 14, 2011 3:37 a.m.

you know what. i think the kids always make me the most uncomfortable. because having been a kid once, i know kids don't play the way these kids at the conferences do. so fake. so horribly scripted. :C fist bump. *cringes*
  • Darkhawk - June 14, 2011 3:22 a.m.

SO BAD! All we want is to see awesome new games with trailers that do the hyping for us. That way, everyone wins! I agree: Doodly doodly doodly.
  • Amnesiac - June 14, 2011 3:17 a.m.

No list of E3 2011 fails is complete without mention of the Medieval Moves demo. Great job, Jeremy.
  • Samael - June 14, 2011 3:15 a.m.

Sigh. I don't know whether to say I'm "happy" that Mr. Caffeine made the #1 spot, but holy fuggin shit did he deserve it. Why'd you cut his sexist joke out of the video though? "97% of young people play video games! 40% of them are women! And 89% of them are smokin hot! I know this, I've investigated." Seriously. Worst thing he said, next to "poop on your toothpaste".