Topics

E3 Top 7 WTF

• inconceivable - June 14, 2011 6:26 p.m.

I was going to disagree and say that those creepy children should've been #1. But then I watched Mr. Caffeine. I think if I was there, I would've killed myself. Also, I read on the AV Club that somebody got on stage and said that the world's best storytellers were the people making war shooters. What.
  • Sjoeki - June 14, 2011 5:40 p.m.

I want mr caffeine inside me
  • Jordo141 - June 14, 2011 5:07 p.m.

YIKES!
  • Cat_Mundy - June 14, 2011 5:05 p.m.

I don't know... As long as the Need for Speed game has racing that handles like Hot Pursuit, I'm in. Yes, QTE's are cheap, but we wouldn't be complaining about them if it was just a cutscene. Yet, the demo they showed seemlessly blended the QTE segments and the racing. Could be an exciting game, if you ask me.
  • Cleanser247 - June 14, 2011 3:57 p.m.

Mr. Caffeine SHOULD have been replaced by Robin Williams. I would have enjoyed the Ubisoft press conference EVEN MORE!!!!!! : ) By the way, great Top Seven!
  • therawski - June 14, 2011 3:49 p.m.

E3 always has it's "moments." I get pretty good coverage from AT&T, I'm more concerned with how they deal with their employees. Verizon and Sprint let me down really hard wit their service. I can understand why Sony would go with Apple's first choice for the iPhone, and why Apple eventually signed with Verizon: More Money! I can see getting the 3G psvita if I don't have to pay extra after the initial price, otherwise I'll be happy to get the wifi only one.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - June 14, 2011 2:53 p.m.

omg mr caffeine is horrible i got 35 seconds into watching that video and had to stop it. i couldnt go on.
  • philipshaw - June 14, 2011 2:23 p.m.

Great last minute top 7 and I hate Mr Caffine
  • Clovin64 - June 14, 2011 2:23 p.m.

I hate Mr Caffeine.
  • sirdilznik - June 14, 2011 1:12 p.m.

The fist bump moment was just so incredibly awkward that it actually stood out during the entire length of the awkward, cringe-worthy Kinect presentation.
  • SteelerPsycho - June 14, 2011 12:13 p.m.

Mr. Caffeine seems like a character that they roll out to Elementary Schools to teach kids the evil of drinking too much caffeine. He is then defeated by Captain Fruit Juice or some shit. Actually, this is probably exactly what he will be doing after his "performance" at E3 this year.
  • Psylockerules - June 14, 2011 11:14 a.m.

doh, thats what i get for opening lots of tabs. what i ment to type was all of that was very bad, kinda horrified at myamoto being so rude, also those kids are super annoying "oh look! its Peeter!" shut up! Mr.Caffines doodlidoo's were more irritrating than my bad spelling
  • Ampatent - June 14, 2011 11:13 a.m.

I disagree, Mr. Caffeine made the Ubisoft conference worth watching, just because he was so bad.
  • Psylockerules - June 14, 2011 11:10 a.m.

that's a real shame. not surprising, maybe the sequel will be better. its apparently number 1 in the charts here so either alot of people love Duke or there's gonna be ALOT of returns
  • VMPSaberwolf - June 14, 2011 10:58 a.m.

Someone needs to photoshop a Picard Facepalm into one of the photos Mr. Caffeine is showing off as "funny".
  • jmcgrotty - June 14, 2011 10:07 a.m.

(If this double-posts, I apologise. Browser problems) Not a bad list, overall. But all the Kinect stuff should have tied the Cafe for #1. Beyond that: "Need for Speed replaced by the Need to Walk (EA)" Personally, I would have said "Need For Speedwalking" "[Sony] began with a sincere apology to PSN users" I am so tired of people saying that! I am someone who completely understands that the whole PSN situation was a non-issue, but if you feel you need to reply, it has to be better than they did. Sincere?? No. Brief and patronizing. "an NBA star (who’d almost certainly played during rehearsals)" Way to go out on a limb, since at 2:20 of the video, Bryant himself says that he played it before coming out on stage. Not defending Mr. Caffeine, but it shouldn't have been a surprise. He's been at other game-related things a lot over the years and always sucks. He was annoying in 2009 as well, hyping Splinter Cell: Conviction.
  • jmcgrotty - June 14, 2011 10:06 a.m.

• austincharlesbond - June 14, 2011 8:47 a.m.

hey did you guys know 127 Hours is on blu-ray?
  • nathstyles - June 14, 2011 8:31 a.m.

Could not agree more with the number one. I found myself continuously saying 'what a douchebag' out loud and skipping massive chunks of the ubi conference in frustration. Thank god i didnt watch it live!
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - June 14, 2011 7:14 a.m.

I came into the Ubisoft conference a little ways into the stream. All I could think the whole time was, "Who the fuck is this guy?" That compilation of him is just painful.