Topics

Top 7

• key0blade - July 28, 2009 1:04 a.m.

Im saving my money for The Top 7 2009 Games We Can't Stop Playing's #1, Modern Warfare 2
  • Csheroe - July 28, 2009 12:30 a.m.

I gotta play Fallout more. I can't believe I haven't downloaded Castle Crashers yet. I play L4D With my cousins all the time. I can't wait until 2 comes out!
  • Stabby_Joe - July 28, 2009 12:03 a.m.

Yep, many of the best 2008 games here! Although for me I look into really old games all the time... new or old, as long as its fun!
  • xmattyoungx - July 27, 2009 11:45 p.m.

@ Jacob- because call of Duty 4 was released in 2007, not 2008.
  • GamerTagsSuck - July 27, 2009 11:43 p.m.

Played most of them and I agree. Oblivion would have been great but it doesn't fit the list criteria. Spent bout 150 hours on that one and still play it. And then there's Kingdom Hearts two. Almost 500 hours total. Why did I do it? Because I accidentally left my Playstation on over my two week vacation.
  • Gunslinger - July 27, 2009 11:29 p.m.

Oh man. I need to play some more L4D sometime... I need people good enough to run through the Expert levels with. Thanks, article, for GETTING ME HOOKED ON THAT DAMN GAME AGAIN. >.<
  • Turbobison - July 27, 2009 11:21 p.m.

Firstly, Street Fighter came out this year. Secondly....ahem.... NO MIRROR'S EDGE!!!! FAILL1111!!!!111
  • zymn - July 27, 2009 10:58 p.m.

haha that was one epic Rock Band video. had me laughing the whole way through.
  • John-117 - July 27, 2009 10:48 p.m.

I think LBP belongs on this list, I mean they have a tonne of user generated levels(1 000 000 and counting) and the DLC keeps coming. I know everytime anyone comes over it's one of the first games they demand to play(especially casual gamers).
  • gopikmin - July 27, 2009 10:07 p.m.

What about littlebigplanet? It recently reached 1 million levels and it came out in 2008
  • AlpineGuy - July 27, 2009 9:51 p.m.

@ DeadGirls "Fallout 3 fucking sucks. I played it through once to 100% and then never touched it again." Yeah, you must've really hated it to have completed such a massive RPG all the way through.
  • garnsr - July 27, 2009 9:43 p.m.

I didn't really care that much for the Castle Crashers demo, but I might think about it for PS3. The trophy patch for GTA 4 came out long after I beat it, so I started over again and got some trophies, and will go back and get more once I finish off Bioshock, since I just finished InFamous and Prototype. I'm waiting for the PS3 Game of the Year version of Fallout 3, hopefully all the DLC will be included. And I play RB2 at least once a week still, after nearly a year. I sure hope the RB Network stuff comes to PS3 at some point, independent labels producing their own stuff will certainly keep it totally playable for almost ever.
  • secretsearcher - July 27, 2009 9:25 p.m.

Why are almost all of these first person shooters? Not everyone likes those you know. But still, good article. And I think Poke'mon as a franchise wins the most replayed games ever award. I mean, who hasn't put 200+ hours of their life into those games? And also, people still play the originals from back in the 90s. STILL. And it's fun every time.
  • Hurricrane - July 27, 2009 9:21 p.m.

I only still play Castle Crashers and Rock Band 2... all the others fit that chart at the start perfectly
  • Corsair89 - July 27, 2009 9:06 p.m.

The game I am still playing is Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3. Seriously, I must have beaten that game at least 4 or 5 times. I can't get enough.
  • Samael - July 27, 2009 9:03 p.m.

Wow, sounds like I need to get off by ass and buy World at War...
  • bschroth - July 27, 2009 8:51 p.m.

@Jacob816, you said Why CoD:Waw over CoD4. It's because this article is for games from 2008, not 2007 like CoD4 was. Thanks for coming out, and have a good evening.
  • ELpork - July 27, 2009 8:50 p.m.

Of course, An article written by Brett, center's around dates.... .TYPICAL GAMES RADAR!! WHY NOT JUST WRITE ABOUT BOOBIES AND TOP 7 THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE A PENIS!?!?!
  • Harmon20 - July 27, 2009 8:41 p.m.

First off, I can agree that Horde and Zombies are still the main reasons why I play Gears 2 and CoD: WaW. Second, I can agree that I still play San Andreas, and at times I think that it's better than GTA 4 simply because of the sheer size, and the easy-input cheats, and of course: airplanes. And not-realistic physics. That makes things fun.
  • ManiacalMuphin - July 27, 2009 8:02 p.m.

COD 4 wasn't released in 2008. Title of article comprehension fail.