Topics

Halloweek

• winner2 - June 24, 2009 8:43 p.m.

damn those insmouth people, damn them straight to hell
  • wesjc22 - June 17, 2009 1:36 a.m.

not only is piggsy scary as shit manhunt is the scariest game ever i almost want to forget playing it ha
  • Surafel - June 13, 2009 2:02 a.m.

what about big daddies in bioshock
  • homerun131 - June 3, 2009 9:09 p.m.

What the heck?! How is nothing from FEAR 2 on here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Nng9DXn88
  • DeathByGolfcart - May 8, 2009 8:38 p.m.

Regenerators from RE4 are way scarier than Dr Salvador. When you first see them you can't even kill them. I remember the first time i was trapped in a narrow hallway in that lab, and as soon as i heard that breathing i knew that i was probably going to die, or flee from my TV first.
  • EighmyLupin - April 30, 2009 8:09 p.m.

Nemesis scares the crap outta me ever time I (think) see/hear him and the ReDeads are pretty scary too
  • lincoln6echo - April 20, 2009 4:46 p.m.

I HATE Berserkers! Seeing as they're the Locust females, I pity the poor guys who have to mate with them. Nice article.
  • kodesy - April 20, 2009 2:22 a.m.

I'm pretty sure that Nemesis wasn't the only critter following you in an RE game. Didn't 2 have Mr.X or whatever the hell he was called..the tall, pale dude in a trenchcoat that turns into a Tyrant in one of the endings? And I've gotta go with the general consensus of the regenerators..I hated those things..but then again, they weren't boss-style baddies like everything else on this list
  • 88Meters - April 19, 2009 4:34 p.m.

I killed Dr.Salva with a knife. I'm gonna post it on youtube cuz i recorded it
  • euanfranklin - April 19, 2009 10:46 a.m.

what about Alma Wade or Paxton Fettel?
  • Jacob9291 - April 18, 2009 7:21 p.m.

I think that Adam from Dead Rising was creepy, mainly because of when you killed him, he laughed at it. I also hated Dr. Salvador when I played RE4, because, like most others, I didn't expect him to "absorb bullets like a sponge." And I don't know if it's the modern take, but the freaking Witch and Tank zombies from Left 4 Dead are creepy in that they can kill you. With just one hit.
  • zexorg49 - April 18, 2009 4:20 p.m.

Im sorry but come on people... Lickers from RE series. I mean you saw them and it like RUN!!!!! and then its tongue stabs you and then your dead end of story
  • Evernight - April 16, 2009 2:57 p.m.

No way - from RE4 it wasn't the chainsaw guys - it was the Regenerators - The have their own creepy ass music, they lumber toward you and make freaky moaning noises, and worse they look fairly harmless as just melee creatures - until their arms stretch across the room and drag you to them and eat you or impale you. And even scarier yet - you have to fight them with a sniper rifle which doesn't allow you to know how close they are getting.... I don't play RE4 anymore because of those things.
  • sprog - April 15, 2009 10:41 a.m.

What about the damn Hunters in RE1? One minute you're merrily using your shotgun to deprive the slow, dumb zombies of their heads and the next thing you know you're up against fast, tough beasts that could bloody decapitate you with one hit! I ran screaming through the corridors and I ALWAYS jumped when they leaped from around a corner, just out of sight. Bastards.
  • gmilf71 - April 15, 2009 5:12 a.m.

Dude what about those fat guys in darkwatch with the swords that vomit at you? those things gave me nightmares for a while.
  • CLEIP - April 14, 2009 6:51 p.m.

In my opinion the scariest redeads are those of TP ( I dont know if they are actually called redeads though, but they are the same type of monster anyway ) Now what makes them scary is basicly the same shit as the other ones, the fact that they to wait for you to get close, and when you do they to scream a horrible scream as their glowing eyes light up and their heads turn just a little towards you. An even scarier aspect of these monsters is that you have to get even closer for them to scream than those of Oot and Ww, also the few times they do appear they are much harder to avoid. Although scary the redeads of Ww and Oot are all in the end pathetic zombies, these however are not. They are gigantic and attack you with swords as big as Link himself, and the huge swords usually removes three heart pieces, of course they are capable of dealing with almost anything you cant throw in their faces. So when you encounter these monsters and get to close, their paralyzing screams will cut through your bravery, and as the great dark figures with glowing eyes slowly move towards Link you to are paralyzed with excitement with only a shred of hope that they wont strike you down so that you will have to rise to only to be met with another scream...
  • mastersword369 - April 14, 2009 4:05 p.m.

Did anyone else notice the computers saying "kill" whenever scissorman walks by? Jesus, it's like the PCs are even scared!
  • zebonair - April 14, 2009 5:49 a.m.

Regenerators are definately the scariest villains Iv'e. had the misfortune of fighting. you can't even kill it the first time it appears! And they don't need theme music just creepy breathing
  • midgiemelendez - April 13, 2009 11:07 p.m.

pyramid head is really badass, he gets bored from a shotgun blast to the face, but what these villains are lacking is like a greusome cutsene when they kill you, like adam chopping your arms, followed by your face, off, that would be horrifying
  • Trakx - March 6, 2009 5:44 a.m.

I'm glad Jason made the list! I know the game is lame by today's standards, but holy crap did that game scare the heck out of you back then! I used to play it in the dark just to totally overload my adolescent mind. ;)