We Recommend

• DevilDoor - March 5, 2010 12:01 p.m.

This is gonna be a good read and listen. Great choice and work Brett
  • Vagrant - March 5, 2010 10:30 a.m.

No FFVIII? It blows X, IX and IV out of the water. Almost every tune in that game is gold. I like a few tunes in FFIX (Terra, You are not alone, Tantalus theme, Kuja, etc.) but I really dislike that soundtrack overall. It's so much more repetitive and just weirdly unemotional. Totally agree about Melodies of Life being pretty much the only likable lyric'd song though. FFX's soundtrack was pretty hit and miss. As was IV's, although IV had some inconic tunes. FFVI's and VII's are awesome to the...Max. (Did I really just type that?) Least disagreeable article thus far, anyway. Yay!
  • AyJay - March 5, 2010 6:52 a.m.

This is too familiar to the Final Fantasy soundtracks list you did a few years ago as part of the other Final Fantasy Week.
  • kytano_skorpius - March 5, 2010 6:45 a.m.

What? You have FF4 on this list and didn't mention Battle with the Four Fiends? What is this?!
  • elchetos - March 5, 2010 5:12 a.m.

Well, I will have to agree with netlatnu and amnesiac. FF VIII is one of my favorite. Liberi Fatali still plays constantly in my ipod... Quite an epic opening theme. Even the super corny "Eyes on me" has grown on me.
  • drunation - March 5, 2010 4:56 a.m.

oh wow Bret, great article. I always love the music you show us. Keep it up.
  • Kenzo - March 5, 2010 4:34 a.m.

i was waiting for this article, I love FF's music
  • Harmonator - March 5, 2010 3:03 a.m.

you know... if spin-offs were allowed, then I would cast my vote for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube. @_@ That music was PHENOMENAL...
  • netlatnu - March 5, 2010 2:26 a.m.

Come on! You don't have to love FFVIII as a game to acknowledge that it has one of the best soundtracks of all time.
  • AnonymouZ - March 5, 2010 2:21 a.m.

the song for the last battle on X (well, the one where you fight the dad, no the other 2 that come after him) was some heavy awesome shit. it justifies my liking rpgs and early slipknot music. xD but the only reason i was interested in the ff's was the intro to ff8. the music, along with the (back then) awesome graphics and very well done editing... it was just the meaning of EPIC when i was a kid. i would still get pumped if i watched it HD on youtube. good shit... now this... this is the more refined tastes and what not of the soundtracks, so i'll shut my peasant face about my opinion on them
  • ChristianityMakesMyTummyHurt - March 5, 2010 2:21 a.m.

Damn fine selection of tracks but the exclusion of The Decisive Battle from VI made me a sad panda.
  • Amnesiac - March 5, 2010 2:19 a.m.

So, FFVIII is my favorite FF soundtrack. Yeah.
  • Genericide - March 5, 2010 2:04 a.m.

Wow, I forgot I had an account here. I haven't logged on since I supported talkradar 50. I don't do comments much, but something's been really bothering me since this week started. I checked and confirmed you did a week of final fantasy back in 2007. The annoying part, however, seems to be that the features are the exact same lists with more or less the same entries. Sometimes even the descriptions are copy-pasted. I can only assume at this point this was intentional. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if you repost old features so they're more timely and I agree with you on most of the lists anyway (although I didn't like ff4 as much as brelston) but I think it was an odd decision to do things this way.
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid - March 5, 2010 1:32 a.m.

FFIX gets the nod from me, followed by IV then VI, funnily enough thats the order of my fav top 3, its funny also while X has a great soundtrack i dont remember a single tune from 12 at all, i fear for 13 a bit, the soundtracks lost a bit of something, dunno what, from 12 on ...
  • Sargasm - March 5, 2010 1:14 a.m.

I'm loving all the FF articles this week. Looks like I'l be replaying FFIV again.
  • jimmeroo - March 5, 2010 12:55 a.m.

i know ffviii doesn't have the best soundtrack, but it should get honorable mention for "eyes on me" alone
  • rtotheb - March 5, 2010 12:29 a.m.

Do you guys remember the Talkradar episode when Tyler was talking about looking for an apartment, and he met a cult or something, and they played some of the music that the leader had made? The Otherworld track, to me, sounds kind of like that music.
  • TheHalfanese - March 5, 2010 12:24 a.m.

The Advent Children versions of the FFVII music is seriously epic, especially One Winged Angel. Should of put those up!
  • Levy - March 4, 2010 11:45 p.m.

Brett made a music article. If it was anyone else, I would slap GR staff. Great job!
  • Curtis_Stone - March 4, 2010 11:33 p.m.

I KNEW FF III/VI would be number one, why?! One Word: "Terra." I don't know ONE person that hasn't heard that song and loved it...