• ChampKind - March 3, 2010 8:12 p.m.

I think I would have liked Tidus even more if it weren't for the god damn voice acting! That did my head in after a while. I like the way you went, although I am a FFVIII fanboy so I would have Squall higher!
  • nisus8 - March 3, 2010 4:30 p.m.

The hell? No Celes? No Terra? No Cyan? Not that I disagree with most of the choices on this list, mind you (Squall...thank you), but considering how emotionally-invested one gets in several of FF VI's characters, you'd think at least ONE of them would've made the cut. (I'd even go so far as to suggest that Setzer's character development supersedes Cloud's, for example.)
  • Knopps - April 21, 2012 2:44 p.m.

@nisus8 I totally agree with you. I would of chosen Locke over Squall, because of his development in the series. Its a polar opposite but an amazing development. The cocky treasure hunter's characters starts to leak background story and you realize how well he is dealing with all the loss and hardship he has gone through. And hell he still stays important to the very end. Of course he is able to deal with this loss because he places so much importance in being able to keep at least one promise. The funny thing is this importance to keep his word made him the catalyst for alot of the teams success while Terra flys around the world have the game in a daze. (No offense to Terra...but really. You are lucky the Locke was invested while you ran off in search of yourself.)
  • OnyxOblivion - March 3, 2010 3:44 p.m.

Dug the Zidane love. Although, the best ever will end up being Lightning, from everything I've seen thus far about 13.
  • philipshaw - March 3, 2010 3:34 p.m.

Cloud FTW, he has to the best FF hero ever. But agree that Cecil is a great hero
  • Riska - March 3, 2010 1:45 p.m.

Much better article then the "7 best final fantasy games." Structured, reasonable arguements for each character. Enjoyable read!
  • Persona - March 3, 2010 1:16 p.m.

Where is the ff1 MULTIMAN? Where's Furion?! BLASPHEMY
  • 4fromK - March 3, 2010 10:07 a.m.

yeah cecil FTW, even though the paladin picture at the bottome looks like a hookers corpse
  • Vagrant - March 3, 2010 7:36 a.m.

You lost me at Squall. Christ. Zero character development except his sudden change of "OMG I MUST SAVE RINOA BECAUSE I LOVE RINOA FOR NO APPARENT REASON". Unless you people are counting the nonsense about using "the power of friendship(!!!)" getting everyone through Time Compression as a change in heart. The section on Zidane was pretty solid. Although I wished that it had been mentioned that he is the only FF protagonist to actually flirt. (and thus carry off a convincing romance) And opinion on Cloud is not divided because he's popular. It's divided because they CHANGED him into Squall in the Compilation. Everyone can now write him off as emo, when in the game - even in his lows - he was anything but. ("Let's mosey" being proof enough of this)
  • thugprince134 - March 3, 2010 6:17 a.m.

ZacK Is The Best Character For Me :D
  • infestedandy - March 3, 2010 5:54 a.m.

Great list but how could you have omitted Terra? If you're talking about someone that brought the story, characters, and central theme together how could that not include her?
  • Amnesiac - March 3, 2010 5:04 a.m.

celes. Celes. Freaking Celes Chere!
  • RogueRED - March 3, 2010 4:51 a.m.

Vaan is one thing, but balthier was pretty damn cool.
  • Cwf2008 - March 3, 2010 4:45 a.m.

*sigh* final fantasy week? Lam
  • JizzyB - March 3, 2010 3:56 a.m.

Alright, good list. Political of GR to not actually rank them, but the right choice. I always liked Cloud and Squall since I connected with their respective games more than any others.
  • GameManiac - March 3, 2010 3:12 a.m.

I agree with Squall and Cloud, despite the fact that the only TRUE FF game I've played is FFIV DS (even if it is a great remake for the DS). But just as EnragedTortoise1 said earlier: "Cecil ftw!"
  • D0CCON - March 3, 2010 3:08 a.m.

defaintly Cecil. Any character that can help make me like one of these games defaintly deserves to be #1. Tidus's voice, however, was so freakin annoying to listen to.
  • Silentcapt2 - March 3, 2010 2:54 a.m.

I kinda wish some spin offs were allowed to be used. Mostly I just wish there was a little FF Tactics (not advance) love in these articles. Anyway, I'm glad to see Cecil at the top, even if it's mostly because I didn't want Cloud to be number 1. xD
  • ragingearth - March 3, 2010 2:52 a.m.

I like Cecil the most out of the them all.
  • snothammer - March 3, 2010 2:49 a.m.

I like Cecil as number one, but I wish this list would include more than just the main character. There better be one for supporting characters soon!