• darkknight03 - March 7, 2010 6:22 a.m.

how do you watch the videos? i'm having a hard time watching them so someone tell me how to.........
  • ZukotaIsoba - March 7, 2010 2:03 a.m.

Where are the Brothers? And what about the Choco/Mog and catuar summons? they were weird and all of them appeared in only one game. ReCAPTCHA: pocomoke late ... I don't know what to say about that.
  • Heyexclamationpoint - March 7, 2010 12:55 a.m.

Most memorable summon to me was Eden from FFVIII. Her animation is 2 minutes long and unskippable!
  • TKTOWA - March 7, 2010 12:09 a.m.

Also, you missed the strange summon Arc. He's the last summon in Final Fantasy 9 and plays tribute to Alexander(since he died). He's a flying ship that transforms into a mech and uses all Alexander's moves.
  • TKTOWA - March 6, 2010 11:51 p.m.

You missed some Odin. In FF7 there was a different animation for his instant death move. Grunge Lance only occured if the instant death was sure to not work. He also appeared in 8 but came by at random without being summoned.
  • RanTheAwesome - March 6, 2010 10:02 p.m.

Once again, you fail at research, GamesRadar. Most of these summons are included in Final Fantasy Tactics, and it made me facepalm at how ignorant this article is. Shame on you, guys. Shame on you.
  • reveffect - March 6, 2010 9:25 p.m.

woah i didnt know that you could summon anima in ffx, i always thought that seymor was the only one who could. and i still havent found out how to get the sisters. i think they both have something to do with that magical door i still havent been able to figure out how to open in that temple in the calm lands and then theres that underwater temple where you can go back and fight that underwater boss again.
  • chainchomp - March 6, 2010 8:04 p.m.

The first time I saw Animas 'other half' was great! She's gotta be the most freakiest summon. I was hoping Gilgamesh (ff8) would be here, it seems there's some kinda back story between him and Odin (or his sword at least). Anyone got any answers or theories?
  • sethcruz - March 6, 2010 7:19 p.m.

this article looks like it was rushed... why not even add some of the summon from FFXI and the pictures of the summons from FFXII were just horrible...
  • Yaro - March 6, 2010 6:37 p.m.

I seriously love this site. I knew Doomtrain would make it on the list. It really is weird. I just wonder why FF 8's Odin was left out =\. FF 9's Bahamut just screams PWNAGE =) P.S. VIII is the best =) recaptcha: smokey journalists
  • Embolado - March 6, 2010 5:33 p.m.

Next article should be Final Fantasy: Best cut-scenes.
  • slickninja - March 6, 2010 4:56 p.m.

Odin and Anima FTW.
  • Skykid - March 6, 2010 4:20 p.m.

Let me edit your bit on Norse mythology Odin was the KING of the Norse Gods, Thor was the god of thunder and war.
  • Oceayo - March 6, 2010 1:52 p.m.

A Carbuncle was also a magic jewel that grew under where a unicorn's horn is. Great article. =D
  • pr0tostar - March 6, 2010 12:18 p.m.

I can understand XI not being included in the article for debatable reasons, not to mention the summons don't have cinematic attacks. At least some screenshots to show how far its summons have evolved though woulda been nice though, since it contains the most recurring ones. Also, Eden should've definitely been included in the one-offs. It's probably the most unique summon in any FF. He's an entire Garden for god's sake! Great article overall, just sucks that it was left to strictly recurring/menu-selected summons.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - March 6, 2010 8:35 a.m.

Keep in mind that these are the biggest recurring summons throughout the series. That's why Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut etc are in here but not Quetzalcoatl, Fenrir, Pandemonia and so on aren't. The "weirdest one offs" could obviously have been twice as long with all those... weird one-offs... but we gotta draw the line somewhere.
  • matt588 - March 6, 2010 6:35 a.m.

first off very sad that I have never played any of these games. that being said: winner is bahamut 1: he effing transforms 2: shoots fire lazer into enemy crotch 3: he has a reflector (just like ammy) doomtrain is great, and won't someone please help that poor fishplantman recaptcha: ivan witchery---what?
  • Dreadman75 - March 6, 2010 6:29 a.m.

I think it's a terrible shame that some of my favorite summons from FF IX didn't make the list. Ark and Madeen were awesome dammit! I also noticed that Alexander from FF IX didn't make an appearance, granted he wasn't a summon in IX but he was still THERE. My favorite summon overall would have to Odin. He is just pure awesomeness.
  • Nanook - March 6, 2010 6:08 a.m.

I always thought that some of those "Weird One-Offs" were homages to prior games. Typhoon in VII is Mr. Chupon from VI. Doomtrain is like the ghost train in VI. And X's The Magus Sisters - we all remember fighting them inside Golbez' hideout in IV, right?
  • Gahmah - March 6, 2010 5:24 a.m.

Missing Pandemona from ff8, I smellston treachery! ho ho ho.