We Recommend

• Kaiserwongze - February 13, 2010 4:41 a.m.

I nominate Fei and Elly from the PSOne's Xenogears to this list.
  • speno93 - February 13, 2010 4:10 a.m.

ahhh!, nothing like another Valentines day article about some complete random gaming couples, kudos GR!. See this is why i don't understand why they won't allow vidoegames to be used in English essays.
  • DriveShaft - February 13, 2010 3:04 a.m.

"Please Mario, collect 120 something stars, it may take you years of grueling work, countless deaths and at least 500 smashed controllers, but i'll give you an eskimo kiss when you're done :]" Peach...goddamn.
  • Vagrant - February 13, 2010 2:30 a.m.

Tidus and Yuna? Really?! No Manny and Meche? Not even Ben and Maureen from Full Throttle? (Tim Schafer knows how to write those romances, and they're both way better than the Brutal Legend couple)
  • sgloomy - February 13, 2010 12:57 a.m.

anyone seen the seth mcfarlane's cavalcade of cartoon comedy clip with Mario and Peach?
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 13, 2010 12:33 a.m.

A thousand pardons for double-posting, but I must speak my mind. I am very surprised by the evident lasting impression The Darkness has had on the GR staff - it's been in tons of articles about genuine emotion in games and the like. I haven't played it, but god damn am I intrigued.
  • denyeverything - February 13, 2010 12:33 a.m.

"Naturally, Ophelia has a past tinged with dark mystery, and when she thinks Eddie has abandoned her, she 'turns' evil." One of my main issues with the story. Eddie DID abandon her on pure speculation, which was a pretty much a dick move on his part.
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 13, 2010 12:28 a.m.

If you haven't played ICO, I suggest you don't read the blurb about it - spoilers! ICO was the second PS2 game I played all the way through, and I've been wanting to go through it again. The ending cinematic is magical.
  • garnsr - February 13, 2010 12:12 a.m.

Farrah was extremely annoying, she'd die if she had the slightest opportunity.
  • Kenzo - February 13, 2010 12:01 a.m.

I think fox and krystal at least deserve to be mentioned in the comments. and Link and Midna was a big WTF moment for me.
  • Starplatinum - February 12, 2010 11:56 p.m.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT??? No Gabriel Knight and Grace Nakamura???
  • RebornKusabi - February 12, 2010 11:34 p.m.

Don't joke about Sonic and Elise! That was like the ****ing holocaust to us hedgehogs >_>
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - February 12, 2010 11:26 p.m.

I never read an article I agreed with more. But, I agree with JustTheBoBreaker, over the course of a bad game we grew to hate both characters equally, so when they ended up together, those of us with knives in our hands slit our wrists. What a perfect match for a once beloved character.
  • JustTheBoBreaker - February 12, 2010 11:14 p.m.

I would like to nominate Sonic and his human love interest Elise from Sonic the Hedgehog. Who knew Sega would be leaders in the beastility rights movement. Sega is so ahead of the times.
  • PlainOldGamer - February 12, 2010 11:02 p.m.

Gosh, The Gears Of War 2 one makes me want to play it again :'(