• davidthebowie - June 30, 2009 2:20 a.m.

I would have loved to have seen the Simpsons arcade game on the list as well, but its hard to think of which game to take off. For me personally, it would be virtual fighter, but I can still understand its inclusion.
  • phoenix_wings - June 30, 2009 12:21 a.m.

Wizard needs food. I remember I met some of my best friends while playing The Simpsons arcade game--we were all at a ski lodge for a school field trip, and we were obviously not skiing. That bond over video games has lasted us from elementary school well into our twenties. And we don't even like The Simpsons anymore. A few years prior, I played that game while on vacation--I hadn't eaten anything and it was morning, I ended up passing out. When I woke up, I stood up, shook it off and played the rest of my game. Albeit with a bit of a bruised face.
  • MechGyver - June 30, 2009 12:20 a.m.

Which features are not a 360 features this days, right......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Over1imit - June 30, 2009 12:19 a.m.

What...What about Tetris?
  • Master_Leep - June 30, 2009 12:13 a.m.

BTW, you guys would have to pay me to take that copy of Chun Li off of your hands.
  • Master_Leep - June 30, 2009 12:10 a.m.

Great article. Most of those games were important to me as I grew up, especially Dragon's Lair, Gauntlet, MK, and SF2. Virua fighter and DDR not so much, but you make their impact obvious, since I loved Tekken, and played my share of Rock Band. Nostalgia is a cruel mistress: I miss the days when arcades were the ultimate game havens.
  • GrantG - June 30, 2009 12:01 a.m.

I miss arcades
  • Silvermech - June 29, 2009 11:56 p.m.

Even though I'm 17, I've played some of these games, and they were great.
  • Grenade - June 29, 2009 11:14 p.m.

How about Commando, Mercs and Centipede?
  • Hurricrane - June 29, 2009 11:14 p.m.

Space Invaders was always boring to me...
  • garnsr - June 29, 2009 11:07 p.m.

I always liked playing Millipede and Baby PacMan (with the pinball table) at Showbiz Pizza. I'd always wander through the arcade at the mall, but never really wanted to play many arcade games.
  • Spartanoffaith - July 6, 2009 10:44 a.m.

to hell with dragons lair i could never get past the gay moat, on NES
  • Kaz993 - July 6, 2009 5:23 a.m.

I love DDR. Those kids you mention having dance-offs? You're reading a post by one.
  • TIEREN - July 6, 2009 3:36 a.m.

I have forgot Mortal Kombat.When I was a child,I liked playing street figter with my brother.
  • twishart - July 2, 2009 8:53 p.m.

Most of my quarters went to X-Men (the big dual screen one), Street Fighter Alpha 2, Virtual ON, Windjammers, Killer Instinct 1 & 2, Bust A Move, and Twilight Zone Pinball.
  • baggins - July 2, 2009 3:20 a.m.

I've got my own personal favorites, of course and would hardly expect all of them to make the list. Still, I'm surprised that you listed three separate fighting games but not a single light-gun game. Surely the genre deserves *some* recognition?
  • kingofthegnomes - July 1, 2009 9:01 p.m.

anyone notice the typo in the ddr section below the picture lol. but it was great article
  • MexicanEminem - July 1, 2009 3:24 a.m.

Castle Park still has tons old arcade games.
  • MexicanEminem - July 1, 2009 3:21 a.m.

Punch Out!
  • gmilf71 - June 30, 2009 7:18 p.m.

Dude WTF? where the hell is Asteriods?!