• Nap1400 - January 19, 2011 2:07 a.m.

Well, to Shadow's defense, he did at least look the part. A cool looking anti-hero that rivals Sonic in everything. But of course, Sega was bound to screw his backstory up. Don't even get me started on hhis game...
  • masterjoe123 - January 19, 2011 1:46 a.m.

So, you're saying that the only good sonic characters are Sonic, Dr. Robotnik, and Knuckles?
  • gatorfan122394 - January 19, 2011 1:45 a.m.

Big the cat was awesome when I was younger so I'm ok with him. Also tails shouldn't be on this list.
  • Fuzunga - January 19, 2011 1:45 a.m.

I guess you're a big fan of the game Sonic and Knuckles?
  • Letter11 - January 19, 2011 1:36 a.m.

Nice Article. It so sad how far Sonic Team has fallen taking a once venerable mascot and dragging his name through the mud. Shame on you Sonic Team. Shame on you.
  • WillisTron - January 19, 2011 1:33 a.m.

Also I don't care what it started - for what he is, tails is great
  • WillisTron - January 19, 2011 1:31 a.m.

I actually liked chip...
  • FanofSaiyan - January 19, 2011 1 a.m.

So does this mean you actually like some of the characters in the Sonic series? My absolute favorite character has to Rogue... How are Jim's feelings on Knuckles?
  • SausageLozenge - January 19, 2011 12:56 a.m.

Bad friends for bad games.
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 19, 2011 12:53 a.m.

...And now it's those stupid "bird" things from Sonic Riders.
  • Felixthecat - January 19, 2011 12:38 a.m.

WHAT??? Big the Cat, Charmy, Blaze and ESPECIALLY Tails are by far the best characters in the Sonic universe. Also, lol at Amy Rose.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 19, 2011 12:33 a.m.

Wait, Charmy Bee was a HE? GGGAAAAAHHHHHH *jumps out window*
  • tomthespesh - January 19, 2011 12:29 a.m.

I didn't hate Shadow at least in Adventure 2 (his only other good appearance is in brawl) I liked his levels and I like the bad guy, even though he turns all good and crap. But otherwise the rest of them deserve a burlap sack a few bricks and a river.
  • moh82sy - January 19, 2011 12:19 a.m.

Actually all of his friends are bad.
  • bobbybroccoli - January 19, 2011 12:19 a.m.

Hmmm... Knowing GR I would have guessed Knuckles would make the list. Wait, besides Knuckles, everyone of Sonic's furry characters is on this list. But I guess that's the point, isn't it?
  • GoldenMe - January 19, 2011 12:17 a.m.

Honestly, bad article. Despite the boring "insults", there was just so many other characters that belong on the list. Everyone in the Genesis/CD era (Tails, Amy, Knuckles) were perfectly fine. And everyone in the Dreamcast era is pushing it. (Most of the characters on this list) Silver, Elise, Charmy, and Chip are the only ones that shouldn't have existed in the first place. So yeah. Opinions.
  • batmanboy11 - January 18, 2011 11:54 p.m.

Oh God, the horror...
  • emeraldphoenix7 - January 18, 2011 11:52 p.m.

Finally, someone recognizes Charmy Bee for the annoyance he really is. I wanted to strangle him every time he opened his mouth. Scrafty out.
  • UFAlien - January 18, 2011 11:48 p.m.

If only they had put more effort into this article than Sega had put into the characters they're making fun of. Not that this was necessary at all anyway - all of these opinions were blatantly clear already. The writing just feels dry and clinical.
  • Spartanoffaith - January 18, 2011 11:47 p.m.

The worst Sonic "friend" is Team Sonic. He's been ran into the ground so hard by them its turned him into a mockery.