Topics

Mortal Kombat

• 8bitBaby - June 27, 2011 7:07 p.m.

the war isn't over. far from it. but, this is a good foot forward in the right direction.
  • GoBlue811 - June 27, 2011 7:01 p.m.

BTW, check out the 3rd footnote in the majority opinion. Apparently, Justice Thomas doesn't think that children have the "constitutional right to speak or to be spoken to without their parents' consent." LOL, American society is sooooo silly.
  • longinus518 - June 27, 2011 6:48 p.m.

just because alcohol is damaging to minors doesn't mean companies can't make and sell alcoholic beverages. whether or not minors have access to those substances is the responsibility of their parents, not the state.
  • WarWasp - June 27, 2011 6:28 p.m.

Finally.I agree that kids shouldn't be allowed to play shit like GoW (either of them) but ultimately it's up to their parents.Just don't make the rest of us suffer.
  • NearNRiver - June 27, 2011 6:23 p.m.

I learned about this from Steam's Banner. First Amendment FTW!
  • Spartan523 - June 27, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Jack Thompson eat your heart out
  • Gob - June 27, 2011 5:56 p.m.

Videogames helped teach me morals, lol. It's just like any other media. I've wanted to be in Lyons' chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel since I played Fallout 3.
  • CoryM1134 - June 27, 2011 5:54 p.m.

Pfft. I just don't understand why this has been such an issue for such a long time. Most retailers already don't sell Mature rated games to minors, just like most theaters won't sell a minor a ticket to an R rated film. All of this fuss about making a law is absurd. I'm not a parent, but seriously... 1. Games ain't cheap. If my kid was dropping 60 bucks on games behind my back, I would hope to notice. 2. Games take a long time. Even if it's only a short 9 hour adventure, that's 9 hours of a mature game being played in your house, on your television. If it's only played once. With no multiplayer. Come on. 3. If you're that concerned that your little angel is ripping intestines out of things when you're not looking, check their achievements/trophies. Look at the game save data. Take any sort of active role. Oh, you're too old to understand this technology that the youngsters are into these days? Bullshit. If you're smart enough to get on the internet and bitch about making laws, you're smart enough to turn on a PS3 and dick around till you find some game saves. Dammit. Done.
  • falcon4196 - June 27, 2011 5:44 p.m.

1st Amendment, FTW! Parents, the tolls are out there to help you keep the wrong kind of games from your kids. All it takes is a little effort. Learn the rating system. Set the parental controls on your consoles. Its not that hard. Don't expect government to do the work for you
  • Peloun - June 27, 2011 5:32 p.m.

So. that means no more people saying bullshits about video games?