• brooksy91 - October 22, 2012 1:13 a.m.

Poor, poor list, no one cares about half the characters on this list. Naruto and castlevania characters will not be added, lets be realistic. Lol at some of the characters that are being brought up, some of you do need to get out more. Here is a list off the top of my head that is even more realistic then some of the crap on here and on the net. Note that not all of them will be added, imo anyway, just some realistic chances. But until the game is realased it is all speculation. -Waluigi -Bowser Jr. -Another pkmn trainer from a diff. gen. -King K Rool -Dixie Kong -Krystal -Megaman ? -Bomber man ? -Rayman ? -Knuckles ? -Dr. Eggman ? -Banjo Kazooie( My wish, a bit of a long shot though.) -I actually think birdo could be a small chance, again another long shot. -Earthworm Jim. Now that is more realstic then 99% of the crap on here. Again, off the top of my head and of course I have missed some game series cause I dont play every single game series. lol
  • Chireru007 - October 23, 2012 6:28 p.m.

Realistically I don't see any anime characters( except pokemon, which sucks) having a chance of being playable in Smash Bros. Shadow is most likely the best candidate for the Sonic series. All the characters repeated from the last post are also realistic candidates. I have to face reality that BlazeBlue characters have no place in Smash Bros. However, Samurai Warriors characters I won't exactly give up(Yet!). Anyone who has played Pokemon Conquest will agree with me( As well as anyone who took notice of the fact that Samurai Warriors 3 was ONLY playable for the Wii (Which pissed me off because I play Xbox more often than not))
  • simplethunder - October 28, 2012 11:30 a.m.

Technically, Pokemon doesn't count as anime since it originated as the game. Just saying. Though I do agree: no anime-originating characters. I love DBZ, but Goku is not meant for Smash. Anyways, there are quite a few worthy characters but not many on this list. I think we all agree that Mega Man should be there, and I wouldn't mind having a generic Black Mage as a Square-Enix rep, or perhaps Geno. Still, I'd never use more than 5-7% of the new roster for 3rd-party, excluding Namco Bandai because of the development team. As for other Nintendo characters... a Golden Sun rep, most likely Isaac or Matthew would be nice. Another Kid Icarus character and everyone knows Metroid needs another rep. Ridley is kind of big, but maybe a Phazon-based moveset for Dark Samus? And I really feel slightly cheated that the main character of each Earthbound game is playable... except the very first one. Granted, he has no attack PSI, but that can only force the team to come up with creative uses for his stat-boosting techniques and 4th-D Slip. Perhaps his side-special could be a PSI QuickUp charge or something. I feel like Zelda is also under-represented given it only has four characters next to Mario's eight. So Vaati is a good option, as well. He could be a light, floaty character a la Mewtwo, but with powerful Wind-based attacks. A good alternative would be Saria, who, as the Sage of Forest could have plant-based attacks, and make use of Deku sticks, Deku nuts, and the Deku Leaf. And lastly... Pokemon has enough reps, but I'd really like Mewtwo back, along with Roy. I felt kind of empty when I didn't see them on the Brawl roster. No doubt I'll feel the same if they're excluded from SSB4.
  • Chireru007 - October 31, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Speaking of under-represented characters, Donkey Kong and F-Zero, who have been there from the start, have serious need need of possible candidates. Chunk Kong is bad ass, I'd put him in( maybe Dixie Kong too, she may be annoying but she appeared before Chunky) as for an F-Zero character, I think samurai Goro should go legit, instead of being a friiggin' assist!
  • simplethunder - November 2, 2012 6:23 p.m.

True. For a DK rep, I'd say we actually need a villain. King K. Rool, anyone? We agree about Dixie, though she could be paired off with Diddy like was originally intended. Goro would be a good choice. A mix of Marth-like sword attacks and moves based on his car could be interesting if done right. I still say Metroid has a bit more desperate need for characters. And for bosses, I'd love to see a 3D version of Giygas rather than (blegh) Porky. It would be awesome to actually have to fight against Ganon's beast form, as well, instead of it being only a Final Smash. And Phantoom or Mother Brain would be great as well. And the game needs more Nintendo-based enemies besides Goombas, Koopas and Subspace minions. Throw in some Octoroks, Bokoblins and Zebesians. Space Pirates and such. Seriously, there's so much more potential in this series than is being tapped...
  • Chireru007 - October 18, 2012 4:20 p.m.

So nobody thinks any Samurai Warriors characters, BlazeBlue characters or any sort of create a character mode is a good idea?
  • tristan-menancio - October 14, 2012 4:16 p.m.

Super Smash Bros.4 Fighters: Mario Luigi Yoshi Bowser Megaman ROB Link Sheik Ganon SkullKid Olimar BlackMage Kirby MetaKnight KingDedede KJoe Issac Zael Raichu Mewtwo Lucario Zoroark Bomberman Zack/Wiki DonkeyKong DiddyKong Wario Waluigi AnimalCrossingKid(steve i guess) Fox Falco Wolf Leon EarthwormJim Pac-Man Samus CaptainFalcon Pit Snake LittleMac TravisTouchdown Ness Lucas Marth Ike IceClimbers BanzaiMan Sonic Eggman Tails Maxwell RyuHayabusa Goku Naruto Ichigo Luffy Saki Lloyd Assist Tropies: Bowser Jr Ying Jigglypuff DLC: Toad Groose Randi Flygon Wart Shulk Banjo-Kazoee MachRider Roy FactureSoul-Commando Bosses: Marx Vaati Tiki-Tong Andross Pikmin-Spider Condor Osaru
  • astarisborn94 - October 10, 2012 3:48 p.m.

As someone who is highly involved in the speculation scene, I have to say that if you're expecting me to take this seriously, well, you've got another thing coming. Highly educated guesses? Based on the majority of suggestions have no shots whatsoever, I highly doubt that. The only ones on the list that have any significant chance of getting in are Mii, Zoroark, and Mega Man and that is because they have strong reasons why they may get in. Anyone else have slim to no chances. Let's hear about characters that do have a real shot at getting in. Namely these: - Toad - King K. Rool - Dixie Kong - Ridley - Krystal - Mewtwo - Roy - Palutena - Takamaru - Mach Rider - Little Mac - Isaac - Saki Amamiya I'm game for some debating.
  • Silverflame1382 - October 10, 2012 10:28 p.m.

Why mewtwo? He already had his place and lost it, same as Roy. Don't get me wrong, because I loved Roy, but I don't think they would or should backtrack.
  • Silverflame1382 - October 10, 2012 2:14 p.m.

As mentioned with banjo kazooie, I know rareware isn't owned by Nintendo anymore. While I do feel BK is a perfect fit for the game mechanics, I really think Conker would be soeither ore fun because of his diversity. I know it would take a generous amount of censorship, but I think Conker would shine in both gameplay versatility and flavor. Basic melee: either a frying pan or baseball bat. Jumps: "helicoptery tail thing". Projectile: throwing knives... Or pick a gun Charge attack: bake a grenade (or big bomb from N64 heist mode) Taunt: cigar, paddleball, alkaselzar, hoverboard Final smash: just show a light bulb and go crazy
  • robabill - October 5, 2012 10:51 a.m.

I think nintendo and namco need to think out side the box. Every character should have alternate costumes that alter their move sets. For example:- Mario's other costumes (skins) Paper mario Mario 3 (raccoon mario) 8 Bit mario N64 smash brothers mario Gamecube smash brothers mario Baby Mario Doctor Mario etc etc This way fans get to battle as the retro mario or other character of their choice. I would like to see sonic have a retro skin and move set A gameboy version of wario from wario 1 with his power-ups like bull wario, cow wario, dragon wario etc Link Link n64 skin and move set Link gamecube skin and move set Link windwaker Young Link 8 bit link with a shooting sword Majora's mask link (Can change into a goron, zora, deku etc) Twilight link with wolf transformation Skyward sword link with his weapons I like to see a luigy that uses the vacuum a mario 2 luigy that hover jumps and throws vegetables and shy guys. I want the gamecube smash bros version of ganon back You get the idea... Nintendo characters have many different incarnations As for new characters:- King scales for star fox adventures Black bull from f-zero x and other f-zero characters Wart from mario 2 Baby Bowser King K-Rool Ripley Skull Kid Killer instinct characters A not so crap mewtwo Doshin Mii characters with wii sports moves lil mac Peppy and slippy (even if you hate slippy, it'd be great to have him there for funny custom game purposes) Few none nintendo:- Goemon Pacman Tails Robotnic Metal sonic Knuckes Ninja from metal gear solid Axel from streets of rage Dwarf from golden axe Earthworm Jim Soul calibre characters Bub and Bob from bubble bobble Dig Dug Bomberman (we have had wario vs bomberman in the past) Custom robot characters. Biggest thing we need is a BETTER level editor, in the same leage as Halo reach
  • Chireru007 - October 2, 2012 2:36 p.m.

Any chances these characters can make the the role call for a chance to be in this new Smash Bros?: Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazeBlue Nu-13 from BlazeBlue( with her music theme "Awakening the Chaos") Algol from Soul Calibur series Yukimura Sanada from Samurai Warriors series Kotaro Fuma from Samurai Warriors series oh and yes I vote on Nobunaga Oda.
  • Smash_Bro - September 27, 2012 3:38 p.m.

This wishlist has become quite out of hand, but I guess that's the point of making a wishlist in the first place. But...King Hippo? Pac-Man? Gundam? Mother freakin' Slippy? (ok, I lol'd at that one) Side-note: Did you guys really mean to have Snivy, Oshawott and Emboar? Shouldn't there be a first-stage evolution (ie Servine or Dewott)? I'm confused as to why it's basic-basic-second stage evolution.
  • atuolink - September 27, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Hello there are many different opinions on how the new super smash bros. game should turn out in the end but what is being forgotten is what is said by the producer/creator itself and the reaction. Most are speculating on the game but what we should really focus on is make sure in the end that the game stays true to its original series. It is combining with namco-bandai to make the game. The creators speak of not expanding the character roster but that would be a huge mistake on the creator's part. Most to all the fans want new characters and want to get so many people in. What the game should do is do what the fans want, the creators talk about refining the characters and focusing on quality rather then quantity but the characters already have a good enough quality and have there own set moves why can't they make other characters like this. Adding more characters would make the game more popular and much more enjoyable. As you all may know the wii gets hacked/modified quite often. In most of these cases (I've done my research quite well) it has been most common to hack the wii just for editing/adding new characters or stages to the brawl. To reduce this and to enjoy you should add what your fans feel is needed.(But there is not a need to listen to every fan you don't have to add those extra small characters from games like for example amy rose from sonic is not a need. But shadow the hedgehog if he is requested it would be a great addition.) Adding tons of new characters and listening to speculations will get the game good publicity (This is what fans want). Adding new stages and game modes will be nice. The character addition needs to be huge since this is a very big worry for the fans. Also don't go astray and have a very different gameplay mode fans came to see classical super smash bros with some great new characters, new modes and have fun. Super smash bros for WiiU should maintain classical aspects of old super smash bros but also add in new modes stages and characters. If you want you can upgrade quality but what matters in this game which sets it apart from most others is the quantity. This game is spectacular adding 3 new characters or even 10 won't get the interest of many. Adding 50? or even 100?! That is bound to get attention and recognition for greatness. But it all depends on how the creators want to handle it. Here's my message to the creators: Don't focus on quality of old characters and add a few characters, listen to your fans since they are what's important but make sure to improve on aspects everyone would seem to be essential. (Hopefully people can copy and paste this to other sites send a letter to Nintendo themselves I just want the creators to read this and listen to everyone's opinion on this because I believe this is what everyone truly needs, spread the word of this post maybe this can change things)
  • terrance-baker - September 26, 2012 3:46 p.m.

put in Dark Samus from Metriod prime 2and 3 as a character and shadow from sonic !!!!
  • GameManiac - September 26, 2012 9:27 a.m.

"Smash Bros. already has three Star Fox characters, and if they were to add another we expect it would be another villain or Crystal before they’d slip Slippy onto the roster." Well, I can't see Andross as anything more than an Assist Trophy, so Krystal seems to be the most likely choice for the next Smash Bros. games. She has FAR more combat potential anyway, especially if that staff she has is implied.
  • TCrimson05 - September 26, 2012 9:19 a.m.

Zero. ZERO, Zero.......zero. Knuckles. MegamanX. Shadow (he'll probably make it in). Dark Samus/Dark or Wolf Link - I suspect they'll have various final smashes this time, one for each direction of the D-Pad, and Wolf Link or Dark Samus will be one of them for thier perspective character. Same for various Variations of each character. Each one will have various "Tranformed" and alternate states. That'd make the most sense. Son goku and maybe even Vegeta isn't out of the question since Namco owns the right to those games. It could happen.
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 4:51 a.m.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned before. Professor Layton anyone?
  • LEGOMatrix - September 26, 2012 3:25 a.m.

Zoroark can't actually DO other pokemons' moves, he only copies their look, and you can''t control it, the illusion vanishes when hit. Pretty useless for SSB other than hiding your character choice for a few seconds. Also imo Yoshimitsu would be better than Kazuya, having already appeared in Tekken Advance on GBA and Soul Calibur 2 on GC.
  • mattdark - September 26, 2012 1:27 a.m.

I woud seriously doubt the appearance of any anime characters in this. Even though Namco Bandai holds the license over them to make games based on those series, I can only imagine the trouble trying to get all the licence holders agreement that they can appear in the same game, especially outside of japan. While im not sure about most of the Namco roster, I certainly think the likes of Pacman, Klonoa and Mr Driller are nice choices who would fit in nicely.
  • slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:31 p.m.

Oh God... please no 5th gen Pokemon, no Baby Mario Bros, no Naruto, no Slippy, no Phoenix Wright, and no Birdo. None of those characters have any place in a Smash Bros title. Seriously, whoever recommended Slippy should have their kneecaps blown out.
  • slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:32 p.m.

And where's the Castlevania love? Not a Belmont, dhampir, or reincarnated Dark Lord in sight, and that makes me sad.
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 3:56 a.m.

I think there should be at least Phoenix Wright, I mean his core games are only out on Nintendo platforms and I would really love to yell objection at other characters as a taunt! I agree about Slippy though, you bring the shotgun and I'll bring the baseball bat.
  • slimjim441 - September 26, 2012 1:46 p.m.

I'm just remembering how he plays in UMvC3 and how cringe-inducing it is. Of course, that nonsensical play style may work better for the Smash Bros. feel. I still don't like it though. I think that slot could be much more appropriately filled by someone like Mega Man (and/or Proto Man, Bass, X, and Zero), pretty much anyone from Castlevania, Mickey Mouse, or a fuck-ton of cooler characters.