• codystovall - March 22, 2012 7:21 p.m.

Really bad list, like its been said too many clones and alternate forms. They need to look into their history and bring out people like they did for pit and I didnt really like the trainer, id rather just be a pokemon with all around good skills like pikachu. Megaman was a nice suggestion but fuck rayman. Alucard over simon. Like someone else said earthworm jim. one of the bots from portal. bring back mewtwo (or another legndary), gamenwatch and rob bounty hunters from metroid, maybe even ridley or dark samus Also no fuckin miis.
  • BladedFalcon - March 22, 2012 7:36 p.m.

What exactly is wrong with rayman?
  • codystovall - March 22, 2012 7:37 p.m.

I just dont like his look what would he do to differ himself?
  • BladedFalcon - March 22, 2012 8:40 p.m.

Wow, such a deep answer. Play rayman: Origins, then judge. His limbless feet and hands would give him a interesting way of fighting, even with standard attacks, potentially giving him more range but making him miss if opponent too close. He can change size, super charge his punches, sic a swarm of angry, giant mosquitoes at you, and really, if you take any of the superpowers from other games, his variety would expand further. He certainly has more variety as he currently is like say, someone like Sonic, and he did just fine.
  • codystovall - March 22, 2012 7:40 p.m.

would prefer crash bandicoot or spyro.
  • BladedFalcon - March 22, 2012 8:46 p.m.

You do realize there's no chance in hell crash bandicoot, a would be Sony mascot, would appear in a Nintendo game, right? At least in the foreseeable future, as long as Sony doesn't go the way of Sega, which doesn't seem very likely, at least anytime soon.
  • slimjim441 - March 22, 2012 8:52 p.m.

Sony doesn't own the rights to Crash anymore. I'm pretty sure they lost it when Naughty Dog stopped making Crash games. That's why every Crash Bandicoot game after CTR is rubbish.
  • BladedFalcon - March 22, 2012 11:40 p.m.

I don't really know/care who owns the rights for Crash. And either way, it doesn't matter because what I'm trying to get across, is that as a perceived Sony mascot. I'd find it very unlikely that Nintendo would go to any length of trouble to get him on the game. Because, again, unlike SEGA, Sony is still an ongoing direct competitor.
  • daniel-christensen - September 14, 2012 6:15 a.m.

Crash has already appeared in several games only for Nintendo consoles, though. Research before you post "facts".
  • Cyberninja - March 22, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Soma not Alucard he was in a ps1 game never a nintendo game same goes with portal
  • slimjim441 - March 22, 2012 8:55 p.m.

Alucard was in Dawn of Sorrow for he DS. He was playable in 'Julius Mode.' I still stand by Simon though. Soma and Alucard are cool, but nothing beats a Belmont.
  • codystovall - March 22, 2012 7:39 p.m.

Also there was an old game called I-Ninja, get that main character for I miss him so. Also Lloyd from tales of symphonia would be cool.
  • obviouslyadouche - March 22, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Cool article, buuuuuuuuuuuut you overlooked neku from wewy and he would fit in perfectly since he has only been on nintendo systems and will be in the new kingdom hearts.
  • BladedFalcon - March 22, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Neku's an awesome idea, actually. Or.. y'know... Sho Minamimoto...
  • Nikku7 - March 24, 2012 6:08 p.m.

Oh, I commented before seeing this, totally agree.
  • TyeTheCzar - March 22, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Umm... I think there's an elephant in the room, GR! In case you forgot, protagonist Shulk from Xenoblade. His Monado would open up a thousand possibilities for his moveset. And don't get me started on what his Final Smash could be. As a bonus, one or two of his allies from the game would be awesome, especially Reyn, Dunban or Riki.
  • Fuzunga - March 22, 2012 8:12 p.m.

No, actually, Dark Pit was first in Brawl as an alternate color for Pit. I'm absolutely 100% convinced that the character in Uprising was a result of that.
  • kit07 - March 22, 2012 8:18 p.m.

phoenix wright perhaps? professor layton? that guy from Ghost Trick? the rider for NES Excite Bike? the paperboy from paperboy? toe jam and earl? those are my suggestions.
  • AlbVega - March 22, 2012 8:25 p.m.

Great list, but it needs more Viewtiful Joe and Leon Kennedy.
  • kevinmlssu - March 22, 2012 8:52 p.m.

Needs Geno from Mario RPG
  • HankVenture - March 22, 2012 9:18 p.m.

Good list, some characters I wasn't familiar with but seem like they would play pretty well in the game. someone I would throw into the list is a Character from Custom Robo like Ray Mk3 or w/e it's name is.... and if I can just go off the tracks with that I say just make custom Robo models of Gundam fighters. :D
  • IceBlueKirby - March 22, 2012 9:42 p.m.

I just want Geno from Super Mario RPG...or hell, I'd even take Mallow at this point. Mega Man would be pretty cool though.
  • launcelot111 - March 22, 2012 9:42 p.m.

Surprised I haven't seen this yet, but Ridley. For ever and ever Ridley. I'd love to see a Golden Sun person. It probably would be Isaac or Matthew by default, but I'd rather have Sveta or Piers Furthermore, I'd love some Marina Lightyears, some Banjo/Kazooie, and how about for a real stretch, instead of another Pokemon trainer, let's go for the guy from Devil Survivor summoning a team of demons, like say Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Black Frost (carefully selected to avoid the vast collection of possibly offensive demons, although the outcry against playable Satan and Lucifer would be great)