• Psylockerules - August 30, 2014 12:02 a.m.

really interesting character choice have been thinking of picking up XC for my WiiU or should i wait for the new 3ds version?
  • shawksta - September 1, 2014 5:37 p.m.

We dont know what the 3DS version will add to it yet. But finding the game on Wii is gonna be difficult.
  • shawksta - August 29, 2014 8:54 p.m.

I was constantly watching the shulk trailer, loved the CGI, i love how Bowser was literally just running free in the wild XD
  • shawksta - August 29, 2014 11:16 a.m.

Also Sakurai explains about Shulk that he can switch the monado to give him boosts but at the cost of weakness: These are the powers: 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense. 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks. 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement. 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability. 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.
  • shawksta - August 29, 2014 11:13 a.m.

You guys are gonna be busy busy busy Today's Japanese direct did quite a bit, yeah you updated the character roster but we still got Bravely Second, Bravely Default: For the Sequel, The New 3DS and New 3DS XL with ZL/ZR buttons, small second circle pad, enchanced 3D detection, Amiibo detection etc, and Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS being announced. :D
  • GOD - August 29, 2014 10:25 p.m.

Thanks. Really wish GR had posted an article relaying these kinds of things... or that there was even a direct today. Without seeing this comment I would've been oblivious that there's a new 3ds that I'm gonna end up buying. On the bright side, I've been waiting for an excuse to buy an XL because the normal is too small for me, but on the other hand..... it better come out in the US ASAP! Oct. 11 in Japan would hopefully mean holiday 2014 in US right?!
  • shawksta - August 30, 2014 1:53 p.m.

To be fair, GR editors are at PAX so they couldnt have prepared for it. Unfortunately it seems we arent getting it till 2015, here's hoping its early.
  • GOD - August 30, 2014 9:25 p.m.

Pretty sure Ryan is the only one at PAX, or at least that's the impression I got from last weeks podcast. They didn't mention anyone else going and Henry said he wished more of the staff was. I'm pretty sure it's just going to flat out replace the current model, rather than co-exist. That's the impression I got from exchanging the announced price in yen to dollars and comparing to the current prices of the systems right now. The announced price of the systems plus the price of the chargers (which are sold separately in Japan but are included in NA) is almost exactly the retail prices of the current systems in the US. Also comparing the announced prices to the current prices for the systems on japanese amazon put them right in the middle of the suggested and actual amazon price. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/2225589051 The longer they wait though, they worse of a situation it'll be for them in terms of getting people to buy it. Especially if they release it after holiday 2014 when a lot of the older model will have just been newly purchased for kids, a demographic they're clearly trying hard to reach as evident by the whole filter thing. Also I want mine now because I'm impatient and already have a backlog of 3DS games to work through, and I'd rather play them on the nice big XL.
  • J-Fid - August 29, 2014 9:14 a.m.

Since Shulk's official art matches the art from the leaked footage/photos, it seems pretty obvious to me that the leak is true.
  • Frieza - August 30, 2014 7:05 a.m.

We get Dr. Mario, a clone character, over Mewtwo. We get Dark Pit, a pallet swap, over a completely new character. Wolf is cut. Ice Climbers are cut. Lucas is cut. Snake is cut I wasn't going to get this game to begin with, but I'm still disappointed.
  • J-Fid - August 30, 2014 7:50 a.m.

You can thank Lucina for the other clone characters. I wouldn't say that the other characters were cut, that photo may not have been complete. And there is always DLC.
  • Frieza - August 30, 2014 9:56 a.m.

I'm not sure why the Ice Climbers would be locked when they were always characters you started out with. And I don't believe that crap that the 3DS cant handle them because they were hard to program. I don't understand some of Sakurai's decisions. Why bring back Dr. Mario as an individual character? Especially in a game with alternate costumes? Why cut Wolf, who was less of a clone than Falco? WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT F ZERO NOT HAVING ANY GAMES AND YET NOT PUT ANYMORE F ZERO REPS IN A GAME MEANT TO ADVERTISE NINTENDO GAMES!? And I know their is going to be DLC eventually, but why would you make this many... Weird decisions with the vanilla roster?
  • shawksta - August 30, 2014 1:58 p.m.

We have absolutely no idea. But Sakurai already said that Lucina and clone characters in general dont take effort, so you cant really use the excuse of "over a completely new character". There was more or less not gonna suddenly be another character if they didnt make it in. Lucina, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit are bonuses for filler. And even then, We dont know if Doctor Mario or even Dark Pit are full clones. Clones in general vary not because of custom moves, especially Dark Pit whose artwork shows him holding the Dark Pit Staff in the artwork leaked. Still better than Melee and Brawl's Clone Condundrum though and we might still have 5 characters with the empty space in the leak, it was just a video for the ESRB, they didnt play the game.
  • pl4y4h - August 29, 2014 8:50 a.m.

Looks like the leaks may be coming true.....
  • christopher-finnegan - August 28, 2014 2:59 p.m.

I was thinking that an upgrade to the final smashes would be very nice. My idea is that instead of only 1 player being able to use a final smash, all player can. There could be a smash bar under each players health and the more damage a player does, the more it increases maybe 300% damage max since that would be about the time a smash ball appears plus that is where sudden death starts. But my main reason for multiple final smashes is that I thought of a single Team Final Smash(TFS) that requires 2 players side by side to almost simultaneously press "special". If successful a more powerful final smash could be made mainly by characters of the same series. Example: Mario and luigi could turn into their fire forms and both shoot a large fire ball, one green one red, that spin around like Mario's original final smash but more damaging and larger range. Another is that fox, falco, and wolf when either 2 are used they both hop into a larger tank with 2 cannons and longer flight. Sonic and hopefully if added Shadow could both turn into super hedgehogs. Pikachu would do a pokemon team up with almost any pokemon similar to the pokemon trainer's final smash. But what about character of different series? Well samus and pikachu could do one where pikachu hops on samus and powers up the suit while samus transfers all the energy into her cannon and fires a much large and more powerful beam. Different combinations can be used. That would make for ultimate team battling. Maybe link lends some of his triforce power to ganondorf if he is still around and he turns into the big beast Ganon with 2 large blades from ocarina of time? Link could trap every guy in his range of triforce and Zelda/sheik could shoot a light arrow through them? Princess peach could give mario or luigi a giant mushroom and they trample everything in their path? Mario and bowser could fire lots or large fire balls at the enemies? Just different combinations. Plus I think that some if not all characters costumes could actually look different instead of just color and possibly have different effects. Mario could have his ice costume and he uses ice ball instead of fire? Link's red costume could make him resist fire plus shoot fire arrows while blue makes him not drown and shoot ice, yellow shoot powerful light arrows, dark shoots dark arrows, and his light purple shoots wind? Samus had different costumes each their own uniqueness, and a new costume as dark samus? These would make the game more interesting and fun to try out new things.
  • ultragamer - August 27, 2014 7:02 a.m.

seems legit
  • ultragamer - August 27, 2014 7 a.m.

The video can no longer be viewed because of a copyright claim by Nintendo of America.
  • Alomeigne - August 27, 2014 2:23 a.m.

...The Duck Hunt dog? That's simultaneously creepy, weird, infuriating, and awesome all at the same time XD. He's even more unexpected to me than Pac-Man was.
  • GOD - August 27, 2014 1:32 a.m.

It's important to note though that it's also "rumored" that some unconfirmed past characters are returning: Ness, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Wario, Falco, Dr. Mario, and R.O.B. Even I didn't think R.O.B. would come back. Really happy Ness, G&W, Ganon, Puff, and Dr. Mario are back though! Also I would say that from the tile placement there are probably still some more that are yet to be seen. I'm sad Icies are gone, but I get why, and I think Rosalina and Luma is basically going to become the new Icies in terms of playstyle.
  • C.King - August 26, 2014 9:15 a.m.

i miss you pichu! if they adding the troll dog i hope they give him a recoil mechanic then.