• Fiirestorm21 - December 13, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Preach it. And enough with the title already. Yes it's ridiculous, but as this article partly alludes to, it's freaking Metal Gear Solid, now developed by the crazy minds at Platinum. It's par for the course. Not to mention the usual tiredness of such comments almost every damned time a title for something gets announced.
  • S0ULEATER - December 13, 2011 12:45 p.m.

another positive is the upgrade in color palette if lack of realism means we can use more colors then bring it on
  • SGTCOOL - December 13, 2011 12:40 p.m.

I just think that merely as a platinum game it doesn't look all that fun to me (not to mention the complete atrocity of ruining Raiden's character arc. Yeah, I actually watch and enjoy the cutscenes.). Am I the only one who thought that MadWorld was a bad game that was supported and praised based solely on the developer's past under appreciated (and excellent) games? I just don't think their style works for me within the Metal Gear universe. I love Platinum and I love Kojima Productions. I also love hamburgers and chocolate. Some things shouldn't mix. Just throwing out my opinions here, so please don't condescend to me accusing me of being a delusional whiner.
  • odiesihs - December 13, 2011 4:47 p.m.

i agree with you 100% percent the VIBE and STYLE is not mgs. this game has dynasty-warriors-esque rock music, exaggerated vibrant color palette with exaggerated colorful sword trails and sparks and lightning, and corny fighting dialogue and laughing (raiden saying "too easy!") in response to the article itself: while i agree mgr will be brilliant, that doesn't mean we cant miss or desire what made us love metal gear solid in the first place. Why fix something when its not broken? Change is okay if you dont deviate from the original formula too much. ff versus xii was going to be different from xiii and the other games in the series since its not turned based, but ff fans for the most part are still excited for it, and ff fans are notorious for there unwillingness to "change". you talk about hiding from the FEAR OF CHANGE, but we arent that blindly stubborn. if we were, we'd all still be playing PONG or something. What mgr has is not the future. this inst innovation, progress or anything that will set the next standards for gaming, its just instilling a different style that already exists (and for a long time) into a franchise with a different foundation. its not like us mgs fans hate these styles of games or anything, its just that if we wanted to play these types of games, we'd play platinum games or dynasty warriors or god of war, or something else. People liked metal gear solid for a reason, and now this game is completely stripped of that reason, and with no alternative. with that said, i still think this game will be FUN & ENJOYABLE, and i will still pick it up, and i dont mind this deviation, but i hope the franchise will continue to make tradiation mgs games.
  • fullmetallegend - December 13, 2011 12:40 p.m.

I think this looks very fun. My only gripe with it, however, is the same gripe I have with all action games like this. I wish enemies would die faster. Not to make it easier, go ahead, make me die faster too. I just don't like that one soldier takes 10+ swings of a sword.
  • ZhugeLiang - December 13, 2011 12:21 p.m.

Who needs "logic, facts or genuine hope for progress" when we have THE TIME CUBE?!
  • patbateman17 - December 13, 2011 12:20 p.m.

Just looks like a re-skinned Vanquish with swords, meh.
  • n00b - December 13, 2011 2:19 p.m.

that actually sounds great to me
  • tymillz102 - December 13, 2011 12:18 p.m.

And you sir earn a cookie.
  • polarp - December 13, 2011 12:14 p.m.

What matters is having the right developer for the right game. You wouldn't go to a butcher to get bread, would you? Those who are complaining, you should be glad it was Platinum who picked up the game instead of you know who
  • Nikku7 - December 13, 2011 12:07 p.m.

I was actually really interested in this game when they showed it in 2010, but when I heard platinum was developing it and saw the trailer, my interest in it went up another 200%. We shouldn't have anything to complain about we now get an amazing game that would have been canceled otherwise instead of hearing people complain about not having any new Metal Gear games for years.
  • sourpunch - December 13, 2011 11:57 a.m.

The only thing im upset about is the change in the timeline. I was really looking forward to seeing the in-between Solid 2 and 4 Raiden story. As well at the end of 4 he wasnt as much of a cyborg and had a peaceful ending. So I really dislike that this is supposed to be after 4 it just doesnt make as much since within the timeline of the Solid games.
  • Errrrbo - December 13, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Platinum Games absolutely rules. The is no other studio I'd rather see handling this game. Vanquish is my favorite shooter of all time, and Bayonetta is fantastic.
  • G0D - December 13, 2011 11:24 a.m.

thank you! thank you! thank you! I love metal gear solid to DEATH. It is one of my favorite game series of all time. But when people say Metal gear contains "realism"- I question if were talking about the same game. you know the one with cyborg ninjas, a vampire, and genetic clones... I BLAME NANOMACHINES! I'm excited to see Kojima attempt to tread in different waters. this could be a very interesting and fun combination!
  • gmcb2011 - December 13, 2011 12:53 p.m.

*cough* Not Kojima...
  • V22Dreamcast - December 13, 2011 11:22 a.m.

All I needed to see in the MGR:R trailer was the Platinum Games logo to be sold, it was simply "You had me at Platinum Game." Both Bayonetta and Vanquish were awesome action games and looking forward to next month Anarchy Reigns. Also, revengeance is my new favorite word.
  • elsnichkum - December 13, 2011 11:21 a.m.

The only thing I'm whining about is that the gameplay looks..."choppy". The demo shown at e3 last year was so smooth and buttery, but it just "looks" choppy here. The game looks very VERY similar to Anarchy Reins (made by platinum games too). Also, one thing keeps popping up that I don't understand...if this game takes place after mgs4, then why does he have all of his prosthetic limbs and jaw? lol my recaptcha says revenge
  • gilgamesh310 - December 13, 2011 11:08 a.m.

I agree with every single point made here. I found what was shown in the trailer looked amazing. People can be just too stupid and stubborn at times
  • Felixthecat - December 13, 2011 11:05 a.m.

I CONCUR. Platinum can do no wrong.
  • Sjoeki - December 13, 2011 11:04 a.m.

I'm not saying that it's going to be a bad game, but when I think of Metal Gear I think of Solid Snake sneaking in buildings/jungles and weird bosses. Finished MGS 2 and 4 but never liked Raiden, to me it seemed that they tried to hard for him to be cool in MGS 4. And for me it backfired. I get that it's not a sequel in the MGS Saga (took me some time, I know) and I know it's a great company working on it but it's not a game I want to play. But I have to say that it's a good thing, for people that are excited about this game, that it's still being developed, and by platinum no less!