• Redeater - February 5, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Ok now I'm glad I passed on this game. This sounds like a pretty horrible way to end it. Still might pick this up when it hits $20 but my interest in this game has dropped even further.
  • copyofcopy - February 5, 2012 3:46 p.m.

dude, the game's 40+ hours long - complaining about getting that much content for $60 is RIDICULOUS. so what if they want to continue developing dlc content that extends the story? good for them, and good for gamer's still hungry for more after playing through the game.
  • MasterBhater - February 5, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Yet another complainer who doesn't realise that the game has multiple endings and that the "to be continued" meant "go see the other endings". If you read the full article you would know that, but of course you just made yourself look like an ass.
  • FInsomniac - February 5, 2012 4:48 p.m.

Two things: First, don't be rude, second, if they meant "go see the other endings," they should just say "go see the other endings." To Be Continued is something which generally means that chronologically there is something which has yet to come. Like when you go to a movie, it says "To Be Continued" and then a sequel happens that happens AFTER the set of events. Placing that at the end isn't the same as a message like "Great! You've finished the game! Try it over again to get a different ending!" Games DO this already, so unless something got fucked up between production and print, this kind of just looks lazy.
  • MasterBhater - February 5, 2012 5:35 p.m.

"To be continued" is a play on words because the game is based around time paradoxes. So no, it's not lazy, it's actually a form of smart humor.
  • Supermanoh - February 5, 2012 5:44 p.m.

My thoughts exactly. I figured it was meant to be like Chrono Trigger, in that you would know by the very nature of the game's time-jumping plot that more than one ending was viewable.
  • lilbuddha - February 5, 2012 7:23 p.m.

"To be continued" = We've lost so much money on FF14's complete failure that we have to recoup it through this game.
  • Redeater - February 5, 2012 8:43 p.m.

Smart humor? You may want to think before you type next time instead of vomiting whatever comes out of your brain.
  • Redeater - February 5, 2012 8:40 p.m.

"Meaning true closure might have to wait until development is wrapped for good". Maybe you should learn to read instead. You may think I look like an ass but you definitely look like a rude asshole when you post shit like that. I think every games plot should be self contained in the retail version. If they want to extend the story afterwards that is great but I don't think they should end on cliffhangers. Jesus Christ aside from a couple people on this article everyone else seems to think I am not entitled to my own opinion.
  • jcarbajal - February 6, 2012 10:18 a.m.

Kinda reminds me of old school games that would have the End? to encourage you to go back and make sure that you finished everything. But it is your opinion and you are right in a way extending game play is one thing but making you pay for your happy ending is something else entirely.
  • lordgodalming - February 23, 2012 5:26 p.m.

@Master Except that "To Be Continued" means exactly what it says. I've unlocked all 11 endings, and the game's "true ending" simply isn't available right now. I should also say I shelled out $80 for the Collector's Ed, and I would gladly do so again--freaking fantastic game. But I still have to call BS on Square for holding a FF game's ending hostage through DLC.