• BearKiller - October 7, 2010 10:41 p.m.

This article made me cry tears of joy.
  • Tygerclaws - October 7, 2010 10:37 p.m.

Ahhh, sniping. How I love thee. Picking off moving targets without being seen, then summarily buggered by said now-angry targets, there's nothing better. Any random person can pick up an assault rifle and run-and-gun their way to glory. It takes skill to line up shots correctly, skill and practice. So, as far as I see it, let the snipers have their glory. I've never once gotten angry over getting sniped, unless there was something wrong with the game itself that let said bullet travel through three different walls and around a corner.
  • juicenpancakes - October 7, 2010 10:34 p.m.

is damn amazing* -- I misspell things when I get a boner.
  • Montag - October 7, 2010 10:34 p.m.

@Imgema MDK is often considered the first "proper' sniper, built into a helmet
  • juicenpancakes - October 7, 2010 10:33 p.m.

Snipers do often piss me off, but this article as damn amazing. Pictures! Facts! Information! Personal Tyler stories! -- Seriously Tyler, this is fantastic. I love war history and war games so much, so I got a raging .50 cal boner.
  • Montag - October 7, 2010 10:28 p.m.

Sniping good, camping bad As an occasional online player now, since Q3 heyday, it is bloody annoying to try and get a game and be raped todeath by campers who just know the map, it makes it difficult to ever get motivated. I always think camping spots should be weeded out. A good snipe is good tho
  • Imgema - October 7, 2010 10:28 p.m.

Wasn't Goldeneye the first FPS game that had a sniper with a zoom function? I know there are older games that have a sniper but neither was a FPS. I remember after Goldeneye it became a standard.
  • Phazon117 - October 7, 2010 10:26 p.m.

I'm a big sniper fan. In games, any way. If I tried to fire a Barratt 50. cal in real life, the recoil would probably rip my arm off. :D