Topics

Pokemon

• ThatFanInThePeacoat - October 11, 2012 6:16 p.m.

Both sides brought up important points, but my ultimate choice was Pro-Pokemon Battles. There are some things that should certainly be regulated, but shunning the entire act will only make us all more the ignorant to what lies within the hearts and souls of all pokemon and people.
  • pl4y4h - October 11, 2012 7:40 p.m.

Ling-Ling from Drawn Together. Essentially a pokemon parody but his greatest desire is to battle + transitive property = pokemon love to battle = It doesn't need to be banned.
  • GR HollanderCooper - October 11, 2012 7:42 p.m.

You're all monsters.
  • TheFabricOfTime - October 11, 2012 7:59 p.m.

I think the thing about Pokemon is that it's just a video game. None of it is real. I don't see anything wrong with it. If you're into animal rights activism, go help the animals that are in actual trouble, being abused, so on, so forth. Don't attack Pokemon for starting this, animal fighting has gone on long before.
  • BladedFalcon - October 11, 2012 9:14 p.m.

...You do realize he's not being at all serious, right?
  • GR_SophiaTong - October 12, 2012 8:10 p.m.

HE IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY SERIOUS!
  • BladedFalcon - October 13, 2012 5:20 a.m.

LE GASP! :O
  • BladedFalcon - October 11, 2012 9:13 p.m.

If we are... it only make sense for us to have POCKET MONSTERS! Get it!???? Ahahahah-*gets shot, maimed and dragged away on a truck*
  • Hobogonigal - October 12, 2012 12:11 a.m.

I laughed at that way harder than I should have...
  • evilpacman18 - October 11, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Based solely on whose argument was better, Cooper won by a mile.
  • Vixous - October 11, 2012 8:30 p.m.

This is like comparing apples to oranges or a fantasy world to the real world. As fantastic as the argument is, it is pretty much irrelevant for banning (non-existent in the real world) pokemon battles. LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD FANTASY GAMES ALONE AND LET ME DREAM! pfft... In the pokemon world everyone is happy and all this fighting is just sport to both pokemon and trainers (like football or something in the real world). BUT in the real world, there is the possibility that reality could corrupt pokemanz logic and abuse these cute fluffy pieces of shiz. TL;DR- Poké world logic =/= Real world logic
  • RadgarLaser2 - October 11, 2012 10:36 p.m.

I love how pokemon fighting is so much larger of an issue than people getting stabbed in the neck. Also the irony of some of these reply.
  • GAYMER - October 12, 2012 12:08 a.m.

Some of you guys are taking this a little too seriously -_-
  • crazor89 - October 12, 2012 1:32 a.m.

Great debate guys! Coop wins hands down for me. I admire a man who takes a stand he believes in regardless of how unpopular (currently getting 17.86% of the vote) it may be. With his heartfelt leadership and refusal to be swayed by the masses we may one day become a society that is able and willing to put an end to the barbaric sport of Pokemon Battling. In Cooper we trust!
  • jackthemenace - October 12, 2012 4:45 a.m.

That was absolutely amazing. Cooper geets my vote, hands down, almost purely because of he 'Our tax dollars' point, which had me in stitches. Great work guy- stuff like this is what makes you the best around :D
  • zombi3grim - October 12, 2012 5:27 a.m.

Gotta go with Cooper again on this one. If Pokemon were real, I doubt we would be fighting them.
  • boondocks50 - October 12, 2012 1:28 p.m.

i doubt we would be alive
  • NullG7 - October 12, 2012 7:07 a.m.

Again its hard to say its a complicated issue that isn't as simple as a yes or no answer for me. Though I think that its hard to be say if the practice should be continued or not, but I think more awareness should be raised about pokeballs and that while I think that fighting in a safe environment is not a bad thing necessarily that it should be ensured that the pokemon consents to the match before hand.
  • ericthesmith - October 12, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Hollander Cooper, are you me? I've found myself agreeing with you every time.
  • JarkayColt - October 12, 2012 9:57 a.m.

Pretty fun and evenly matched debate. Coop almost cinched it but the whole "economy" slide ruined his side of the arguement for me. I'm pretty sure if you lived in a world where the economy revolved solely around the "Pokémon industry" you wouldn't simply just be able to ban it overnight with zero consequence. If you stop capturing and battling Pokémon, they're still going to be THERE, and based on how integrated they are in the 'ecosystem' you're gonna want to protect yourself, y'know, against all the wild trashbag Pokémon roaming the streets (seriously, just imagine a world where wild animals jumped out at you EVERYWHERE). How do you stop that? Well, you catch some for yourself and fight them off, and if your new "pet" doesn't have a problem with that and actually wants to stay by your side, then sure, why not? And as Henry pointed out it's just about being able to handle responsibilty. Like ANYTHING, ever! Pokémon battling is almost comparable to, say, boxing or something; it's dangerous but they try and follow set regulations to make it a lot safer. And the reason it's not banned is because it's fun, and the vocal minority are killjoys (not calling you a killjoy Coop but...well okay I am XD) Hooray for overanalysis!