We Recommend

• Zeipher - March 25, 2010 6:05 p.m.

The Raiden section made me laugh a lot, but you have to admit that Raiden accomplishes the most badass feat (arguably) of the whole series by single-handedly defeating 20 Reys. I actually really preferred Tidus to a character like Cloud. Its kind of strange that you hate upon the similarity of JRPGs in several articles, and then hate the first FF main character to break from the stereotypes that you criticized (Zidane excluded).
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - March 25, 2010 5:30 p.m.

What's wrong with Daxter? How is he unlovable?
  • Ridgley - March 25, 2010 5:23 p.m.

@Tyger - People hate Raiden because he complains all the god damn time.
  • lovinmyps3 - March 25, 2010 5:15 p.m.

I didn't actually mind Sev, at least not compared to that douchebag Rico. I'm still pissed at him for what he did at the end of the game.
  • CatrParrot - March 25, 2010 5:11 p.m.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Tidus is irritating as shit. Maybe not as bad as Squall, but still.
  • Unoriginal - March 25, 2010 5:11 p.m.

I also thought daxter. Bayonetta also annoyed me but the game was just good enough for her not to ruin it
  • Conman93 - March 25, 2010 4:59 p.m.

Sorry, meant to say 'thought daxter was cool'. How did I mess that up
  • Conman93 - March 25, 2010 4:58 p.m.

I thought Daxter. Am I the only one who found Pandora in GOW3 very annoying
  • Tygerclaws - March 25, 2010 4:49 p.m.

Hmm. You know, I can see why everyone would hate Raiden, Nero, and Tidus. They're for fanboy reasons, but they're reasons, nonetheless. People hate Raiden because he's not Snake. People hate Nero because he's not Dante. People hate Tidus because he's not Cloud. All of whom, as far as I'm concerned, are more interesting characters than the fanboys think they are. Raiden actually has a personality, whereas Snake is a walking punchline/one-liner. Nero isn't a badass, so that automatically makes him worse than Dante, nevermind the fact that Dante controls like a spasmodic rabbit on speed. And Tidus...well...I'll chalk him up to a case of "What, you don't like that he has a personality? Would you rather he be a lying jerk like Cloud, or an unlikable git like Squall?" Ah well. What will be, will be. To each his own.
  • Wriggly - March 25, 2010 3:47 p.m.

I liked the more serious tone of characters in GTAIV's TLaD, except for the crotch shot.
  • goochbiscuit - March 25, 2010 3:40 p.m.

Damn, Rico was a huge douche.
  • MetalGearFlaccid - March 25, 2010 3:36 p.m.

Wow... I almost responded with an angry rebuttal, which I'm guessing you want. Nice trolling, G'Dar. This is trolling of almost /b/tard level power. This week of hate gets everybody mad; but I assume that's the point...
  • GLCoolJ - March 25, 2010 3:32 p.m.

Oh man, I can't even tell you how much I hate Raiden and Tidus. I thought Daxter was funny, though, so I guess there's no accounting for taste.
  • whiteknight1981 - March 25, 2010 3:32 p.m.

Ohhh week of hate how we love the radarites stream of nerdtastic rage about things that are complete wastes of time to hate about (more hate!) And yes I agree about the emo Prince. He wasn't even good emo, if there is such a thing. I couldn't even play the game. I played the demo and when he yelled the line "Bi***!" I just turned it off in disgust. What a waste.
  • litrock - March 25, 2010 3:18 p.m.

I still think that Raiden is the best part of MGS2. Love that Kojima took everyone's expectation of a macho action fest and turned it right on its ear. One of the best story twists ever.