• unknown_wastelander - July 15, 2011 9:39 p.m.

I think this is a new syndrome. i will call the okami syndrome where good games are passed over for shooting games because that is what gamers/little children can pay attention too.
  • greyishpoweranger - July 15, 2011 9:38 p.m.

I think EA was just a horrible publisher to pick for Shadows of the Damned. Of course they don't give a fuck about that weird thing in the corner, we have battlefield to worry about! And strange that child of eden flopped so hard, i was thinking it would sell alot since the kinect label on the back, goes to show you that these people aren't buying games anymore after playing kinect sports for 2 hours.
  • CitizenThom - July 15, 2011 9:31 p.m.

SOD wasn't just another shooter? I'm not myself a fan of the shooter genre (with a few exceptions, Uncharted 2, Resistance, Rathchet and Clank were fun) and the screenshots that were released didn't leave me thinking the graphics were even up to the standard on shooters. Nothing about the game suggested there was anything interesting about it for the non-shooter gamer. Now, if you're disappointed that shooter fans didn't eat the game up, all I can say is, you realise that it's a very crowded genre right? Also, the article is titled 'flops in the US', as if this game were super successful everywhere else. The article itself goes on to say the game hasn't been successful anywhere. so maybe your article shouldn't be titled in such a way as to suggest US customers somehow lack the good taste of the rest of the world. Lastly, what's so unique and innovative about SOD? What clue did any shooter fan or non-shooter fan have that SOD was going to be anything different than what was already out there? Don't blame the customer, either blame either the game for not having anything attention worthy, or blame PR and Marketing for not adequately selling the product.
  • IceBlueKirby - July 15, 2011 9:30 p.m.

I'd buy Shadows of the Damned if I could afford it. I really want to play it.
  • EnigmaSpirit - July 15, 2011 9:29 p.m.

NEITHER OF THE GAMES ARE ADVERTISED LIKE AT ALL!!! EA, WHAT THE HELL?! Like you guys said in talkradar a little while ago: Shadows of the Damned is not being represented at all by EA, where if Capcom had it they would have a ton of fanfare to show it's release. I blame the companies for the problem really. Duke was advertised like 24/7, so no wonder it did well (even if it is awful).
  • Y2Ken - July 15, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Yep, same thing's happened here in the UK as I'm sure you guys know. It's a real shame, I'm hoping sales for them pick up through word of mouth.
  • Z-man427 - July 15, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Shadows of the Damned looks like shit. I don't care if it got a 9. It looks like shit. Children of Eden looks fun, but being that it's packaged for Kinect (I know you can play it with a regular controller) it seems to alienate people who don't have nor want a Kinect. Makes sense to me that they both flopped.
  • themeteor - July 15, 2011 9:21 p.m.

what I've seen of Shadows of the Damned has put me off more than any high review score could undo. In my mind its about as mature as anything I've seen from Duke. I'll save my money for something that brings real maturity to games... OK I haven't long but you see my point.
  • BobsYurUncle - July 15, 2011 9:19 p.m.

I don't want to spend 60 dollars on a game that has a 8 hour campaign with no replay value and dick jokes every 2 seconds. I want Borderlands 2.
  • RadicalVoodoo - July 15, 2011 9:09 p.m.

I commented on the last article about this. I hate people so much. I pre-ordered Shadows of the Damned, sadly, I was the only one who did at that GameStop.