• bigwill1221 - December 10, 2012 9:03 a.m.

WTF why is every one going to this design, its plain ugly.
  • Priox - December 10, 2012 10:29 a.m.

I believe they're trying to place an emphasis on comments, making it a more "social" or "community" site. These things are important, I don't deny that, but they're a side-show. I come here to read news.
  • grappler51 - December 10, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Honestly not a big fan of the new design. I prefer the simpler blog style. This just reminds me of IGN which is not a good thing.
  • Priox - December 10, 2012 10:29 a.m.

"This just reminds me of IGN which is not a good thing." Agreed.
  • Shadow Of Death - December 10, 2012 9:01 a.m.

I'm on the "DO NOT WANT!" side TBH. I really don't like the new design, it just looks like a mess. Like Youtube's new (terrible) layout, it wastes a LOT of space, only at least Gamesradar balanced it so the wasted space is on the left and right in equal measure. Mind, Gamesradar wasted a lot of space on the right and left anyway. I think they used it to display adverts, but...Adblock+ y'know? It's not as terrible as Youtube's new layout (Click Name > Load Page > Click Video Manager > Load Page > Click Inbox. As opposed to "Dropdown Menu > Inbox"), which is something I guess.
  • JarkayColt - December 10, 2012 8:58 a.m.

Wow, I love this new design! The first time I loaded the homepage it kind of...broke...but after an F5 it was fine! XD The thing I like best though is that, all of a sudden, I can now actually view those darned slide articles on my Firefox! In other words, if this fixed all the compatibility issues, it's even better!
  • Darkhawk - December 10, 2012 8:58 a.m.

Looks like Kotaku's aborted fetus.
  • jtroll - December 10, 2012 11:40 a.m.

That's a bit unfair. Any fetus of Kotaku would be far less user-friendly and would force writers to write pay-per-click articles.
  • n00b - December 10, 2012 8:51 a.m.

WTF am i looking at!?!?!?! why does every site have to model themselves after facebook and force every one who hates to it use it.
  • einhazard - December 10, 2012 8:33 a.m.

...so there's not a way to change it back to the old format, huh?
  • Kblock9412 - December 10, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Honestly, looking at this page is giving me a headache.
  • wadesmit - December 10, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Tom will still hate that the font of the names is the same colour. CHANGE IMMEDIATELY. Just kidding, I really like it. All fancy and modern looking.
  • ultimatepunchrod - December 10, 2012 8:30 a.m.

I like the new design especially the ability to comment from the main page. The layout, I'll have to get used to, but I think this looks good!
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2012 8:27 a.m.

I actually think I like the new format. Sure, it might not be all in a neat straight line, but it allows to cover far more info with less clicks... Which is something people loved to bitch about this site, aaaand now they are bitching about this new design, figures. I also like that it not only shows you the article, but the most recent comments. SO yeah, i for one approve of the change, congrats GR!
  • OmegaDestroyer - December 10, 2012 8:14 a.m.

"Cluttered" is the best way to describe the new design. I don't know why there was a need to change the old format.
  • HitmanSB07 - December 10, 2012 8:32 a.m.

Agreed. Everyone seems to think that the Windows Metro design interface is a good idea...it f**king isn't, it's just a clusterf**k of seemingly random information thrown into your face. Is there some way to change back to the old format?
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2012 8:51 a.m.

if it bothers you guys so much, for what it's worth, if you go to the news of features page, the articles are still listed there in the traditional way.
  • robertpopovic - December 10, 2012 8:07 a.m.

I'm not too sure about this new format. I liked just going through all the new articles, reviews etc. in one big line-up, especially if I missed a few days. Other than that it does look shiny. Oh and is the "Coming" option in the games list for the US only or does it automatically check wether you're on .com or .com/uk?
  • KnowYourPokemon - December 10, 2012 8:07 a.m.

This new layout is something else, going to take some getting used. Some things look pretty nice like the top games section but a lot of it looks all over the place at first glance.
  • ObliqueZombie - December 10, 2012 8:02 a.m.

Wow, this new format... I'm not sure what to think. It's so DRASTIC from anything I've seen in the past 5-6 years. However, the newly released games and upcoming games looks nice, with at least 3 bullet-point article that might interest a viewer. Very nice touch. Guess I'm going to spend some time today adjusting. Change... change scares me.