• lazer59882 - December 11, 2012 1:49 a.m.

to be honest, i've been reading kotaku more and more in recent months, but i've always come back here and maintained my account to comment and stuff mainly out of loyalty. i've loved GR for a looong time, but ever since you guys ran out of stuff to make top 7 lists about, the site lost its way. and now with this ridiculous over-correction of a redesign, the site is losing longtime fans like myself. shame.
  • MCN2011 - December 11, 2012 3:04 a.m.

You read Kotaku, and you're complaining about this site's content and layout? Were you dropped on your head as a child?
  • lazer59882 - December 12, 2012 1:43 a.m.

what the fuck are you talking about? how about you try making an actual point instead of saying asinine statements like the one you made? yes i read kotaku, yes i think the new GR is garbage. what's your fucking point?
  • mattdark - December 12, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Alot of people went on a rage-spree when Kotaku did their last update to the layout of the site (Seems to be a running theme on there) Alot of people didnt like the new layout because they thought it made things more difficult to get to, even though their new layout is actually pretty easy to use, and its easy to scroll through the latest pieces of news. This feels alot like the PSN store update, its little more then a facial to make things look better and more streamlined, but its actually much more difficult to use and causing more problems then its meant to solve.
  • lazer59882 - December 13, 2012 1:26 a.m.

thanks for clearing up that asshole's assholic comment. i haven't been reading kotaku THAT long though, so i dont know what it was like before it is now. personally i think it's pretty ingeniously laid out.
  • mattdark - December 13, 2012 2:55 a.m.

Before they updated Kotaku, the font page used to just be a list of articles that people would cycle though to find things of interest. at the time, there would be a little more info in regards to the article, other then the title. As you can see now, they made the article list smaller and stuck it on the side, turning the front page into what seems to be promoting some of the popular topics on their site right now.
  • joetullos92 - December 11, 2012 12:49 a.m.

WTF? this is horrible.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - December 11, 2012 12:32 a.m.

Ever heard the term "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
  • Fox_Mulder - December 11, 2012 12:06 a.m.

I love the new layout guys! Good work!!!
  • Duke Radish - December 10, 2012 11:05 p.m.

Please restore from backup. Thank you.
  • einhazard - December 10, 2012 10:51 p.m.

My favorite part of the new design is how you have to open like 5 tabs if you want to actually read the new articles rather than just scrolling down. It's super-efficient, and doesn't seem at all like the horrible redesign kotaku did a few years back that made me really dig into Gamesradar in the first place. The whole thing is just Gawkward now.
  • cosmicshambles - December 10, 2012 10:02 p.m.

Awful. I come here for gaming news. I'm happy to scroll past the stuff I'm not interested in to get to the articles I want, but this is horrible. At least add a stream. I enjoy a lot of GR articles, I don't want to have to scan all over the place to find what's new, I already do that on other sites. This is my go to place for gaming news, what the hell are you doing?
  • stephenschaffhouser - December 10, 2012 9:04 p.m.

Goodbye Gamesrdar, I've loved you since you were cheatplanet, but I'm afraid this is just too cluttered to worth bothering with
  • jasoncarter - December 10, 2012 8:07 p.m.

What an horrible redesign. Good gods..........
  • thedaydreamkid - December 10, 2012 7:25 p.m.

This is not Pintrest. WTF is going on here. Bad web design. It really comes off as someone has messed up the script of the tables. The old layout was PERFECT, minus how Top #'s were handled.
  • thedaydreamkid - December 10, 2012 7:30 p.m.

Honestly. Look at how this story's page looks. This is how the home page should be.
  • ParagonT - December 11, 2012 4:37 p.m.

I will say that after giving it multiple runs throughout the day, I will admit that the organization is pretty bad. Bad design, but it does have a sleek look to it that I like.
  • laurenhiya21 - December 10, 2012 7:23 p.m.

Ugg, another awful redesign... At least it's not as bad as Youtube's...
  • The_King_of_Nothing - December 10, 2012 5:50 p.m.

Hate the tile layout. Same reason I hate Windows 8 and the new iTunes. I find the lists much easier to navigate and have much better space usage. At least make an option to use the older format since Apple pissed me off already by leaving it out.
  • Fuzunga - December 10, 2012 5:07 p.m.

How do I... find anything?
  • ChaosEternal - December 10, 2012 4:47 p.m.

I'm kind of conflicted about this new layout. On one hand, it reminds me of the layout The Escapist adopted a while back, which I hated as I found it to be confusing and is the main reason I stopped visiting there often. On the other hand, this GR's new layout is definitely easier to acces, and I like how the interesting content shown at the top of the homepage is displayed. It is also nice to be able to simply scroll down to load more articles. It is also very nice to see a sampling of comments below each article and to be able to post comments from the homepage. On the downside, I feel it is much harder to determine the chronological order of articles on first glance. (Though I am sure there is a simple to remember order underlying it, I will just need to look at a few articles before I learn it.) Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about it, though I think I am tipping towards the "like it" side. However, considering I saw it for thirty seconds and then rushed to post this, it is not surprising that I cannot form an accurate opinion. Time shall tell how I truly feel about it. Regardless, keep working to improve the site and the work you guys do!
  • Ichthus5 - December 10, 2012 4:31 p.m.

This new layout is a hot mess. Sorry guys, but I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you would try something different. Heck, we wouldn't care if you went back to the old layout; just not this one.
  • chiz - December 10, 2012 4:28 p.m.

does buttercup no longer work at GamesRadar???
  • TanookiMan - December 10, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Listen to the very end, B. Buttercup gets a word in...
  • GR_TomMagrino - December 10, 2012 5:28 p.m.

I hate to be the one to inform you but... she was eaten.