• BLOODmuffins - December 12, 2012 1:32 p.m.

This site just isn't the same anymore. I miss the old TalkRadar crew. Chris Antista, Brett Elston, Mikel Reparaz and Tyler Wilde are four of the funniest people on Earth and things just aren't as good without them.
  • FierceVoltage - December 13, 2012 12:43 p.m.

Wait they are gone? I thought this was just a list of new staff members? NOOOOOOO!
  • jortron3030 - December 12, 2012 1:04 p.m.

This is awful. I faithfully checked this site everyday as one of my go to's, but this is just terrible. The site is simply too busy. Change it back for the love of god. This was my favorite site to check and now I want no part of it. Please don't make me go back to Destructoid or Joystiq. Also, http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/02/pa211.jpg
  • reach110 - December 12, 2012 1:52 p.m.

I have to agree. I checked GamesRadar every day for nothing but news, and I liked how it was just a feed. Now I feel like the site is a casino where once I go in I get bombarded with sensory overload. The weird slideshow at the top of the page gives me the feeling that I'm missing some headline or story I would have seen in the old layout.
  • kezins - December 12, 2012 12:18 p.m.

I actually like the new layout. People will always bitch about change I suppose. Visually, it looks more appealing to me and there's more content on the main page now.
  • angelusdlion - December 12, 2012 2:49 p.m.

But then 90% of the comments are "I don't like it" Just maybe there's something to be concerned about?
  • Imgema - December 12, 2012 11:46 a.m.

This design is flawed and nonsensical. But every program/site is doing the same thing in order to be hip and trendy or something. Because being trendy is more important than being functional. I guess i'll have to find another site for my gaming news.
  • eppo - December 12, 2012 10:50 a.m.

I'm not too big on those 'ever-growing' web pages (the stream), but everything else looks and works really nice.
  • deceasedxo - December 12, 2012 8:44 a.m.

The new layout is terrible, please change it back...
  • db1331 - December 12, 2012 8:21 a.m.

The new layout is simply abysmal. The main page looks like the official Far Cry 3 website at the moment. Tiles are a horrible idea. I couldn't find anything even if I felt like looking through it, which I don't. The quality of the features on this site took a big dive once a lot of the old guard left. Now it's an eyesore to look at as well. It's dead, Jim.
  • bebl09 - December 12, 2012 2:06 p.m.

I know exactly what you mean mate, although if you click on 'News' at the top of the page it takes you to a page that's sort of like how it was before this update, in that it's just a list of news stories with the most recent at the top. Regarding the old guard leaving, I completely agree. The only people on this site worth reading any more are the Gamesradar UK guys. Cundy, Hooters and Towelie are keeping this site afloat.
  • seanpwns - December 12, 2012 6:17 a.m.

Yeah the main page is pretty awful. The panels sure are nice and artsy, but the new layout is cluttered and not at all functional. I've just been making use of the "News" and "Features" links in the orange bar at the top of the screen to access a nice "stream-style" list of articles.
  • thomas1980 - December 12, 2012 6:15 a.m.

Wow, it's like every game website has realised that the good format we have liked for years is working too well and on mass they have decided to make their sites worse. Is ther some arsehole web designer out there targeting gaming sites? Seems to be a theme of trying to fix what wasn't broken and actually breaking it. Don't actually feel like comming here much now, the last site to do this kind of shit was gametrailers, haven't been there since either. Not even the promise of Cundy overcomes the crappy redesign. Sorry I'm out.
  • Reubenguy - December 12, 2012 12:08 a.m.

Overall not bad but I desperately need "The Stream" to be in some sort of recognizable order, Jumping up down left and right across the screen trying to see which articles I'm up to date with is an extreme hassle, especially by showing the comments (that's just unecessary and annoying and jumbles the whole order up) Like many people in the comments have already stated I preferred the old layout because it was extremely easy to scroll down and see what you were up to date with (It was the best website layout I had ever seen). But now it's kind of a shambles. Please tweak it a bit to make it easy to follow (e.g make the comments section smaller and less in your face and put the articles in some kind of easy to follow order instead of a scattered waterfall) Seriously though seeing the comments for each feature is just so irritating and takes up wayyyyy too much screen space. I DON'T CARE WHAT IDIOTS COMMENT I just want to read the article
  • codzprc - December 11, 2012 9:48 p.m.

This is a joke, right? You had an easily readable and navigable site, I used to be able to tell if I started drifting into articles I'd already read from page to page -- I feel like there will soon be a "most interesting man in the world" meme directed to this site. "I don't always let a drunken blind person design my UI, but when I do, I end up with GamesRadar" At least your facebook page is still readable, hope you post EVERY article link there so I can QUICKLY AND EASILY get to an article. Cheers, good luck with the horrible redesign, see you on facebook!
  • codzprc - December 11, 2012 10:17 p.m.

Admittedly, I kind of like the new "featured content" selector, but it takes up a lot of real estate, and I rarely used the last featured content nav. That said, "The Stream" is what I guess I should have focused my earlier comment on, instead of blanket-bashing. Article pages are still easy to read, but finding an article in the jumbled mess of 'The Stream" is irritating. I also don't understand why we need to be able to comment on a post from "The Stream" without having read it -- and seeing other's opinions/comments before reading it is also kind of a suck. I expect "The Stream" to lead to more arguments, people seeing comments in "The Stream" they don't agree with, going into the article and completely skipping it to reply to the comment they didn't like. So yeah... I don't like "The Stream", and I thought repeating "The Stream" throughout this post might nauseate readers of this comment from "The Stream" into a state of distaste for "The Stream" Everything else: OK. "The Stream": site-killer.
  • Hydr0ponicK - December 11, 2012 8:45 p.m.

I tried giving it a chance after seeing it for the first time yesterday. If the new look could be summed up into one word, it would have to be clusterf#@k. Maybe deleting half the things on the homepage would make things more bearable.
  • Duke Radish - December 11, 2012 6:40 p.m.

I'd be interested in knowing, from a project plan perspective and not a PR speech, what they felt was wrong with the old site and how the changes correct those flaws.
  • angelusdlion - December 11, 2012 7:42 p.m.

It didn't look enough like a social media site. IE you could read it and make sense of the information they were presenting.