• SpadesSlick - October 20, 2012 6:24 a.m.

Devil May Cry directed by Tarantino. Just sit back for a moment and imagine the greatness. Who better to capture that borderline campy awesomeness of a white haired half demon killing shit with outrageous action scenes than him?
  • JarkayColt - October 20, 2012 5:34 a.m.

I know there're only 10 episodes so far, but it's taken me this long to finally catch up and get them all listened to, so I just wanted to say great podcast guys and it's good to see you continuing the legacy of entertaining GamesRadar goodness (even if you do still lack a fart button /joke). As for this week's question, I have a specific game in mind and that game is Zelda: Majora's Mask, which I think would be a pretty fantasticly affecting film. Think Groundhog Day and you'll have the general idea. Link is forced to relive the same events over and over and through excrutiatingly painful moments of failure, trial and error, has to learn how to slowly reverse the fortunes of the doomed Clocktown. The film wouldn't even have to concern itself with dungeons much; as I think there'd be enough substance purely from the Bomber's Notebook quests. Everybody's favourite questlines, like repelling "Them" at Romani's Ranch and the Kafei's wedding sidequest (along with the deaths of the Deku Butler's Son/Darmani/Mikau), would probably have a fairly central focus and be intersting cinematic moments, and obviously the consequences of Link's failure would be played upon, as well as the strange uneasiness of him masquerading as dead people. Ultimately the confrontation with Majora in the moon would be a pretty amazing finalé with the Fierce Deity Mask being the embodiment of all the hardships and frustration Link endures throughout. I just think it'd be a nice mix of charming quirk, an underlying moral as well as unfathomably dark undertones. The 3-day nature would just inherently work in its favour when being condensed into a 2 hour or so movie. But if you want the short answer I just need to see Tingle on the big screen. *Pockets the movie rights*
  • Zombie Monkey - October 20, 2012 2:07 a.m.

What about the Fable games as movies. If first one sucked you could always get awhole new cast. And move the story line up or down.
  • GamerGuy09 - October 20, 2012 12:14 a.m.

I hate to be unoriginal, but I want an actual animated Super Mario Bros. movie made by Pixar. I hope because of the success of Wreck-it Ralph makes Nintendo team up with Disney more often, maybe even make the Mario world the third world in the kingdom hearts franchise. Nintendo and Square Enix has made games before together like Mario Sports Mix and Mario Hoops 3-On-3. I know I got off track, i'm sticking too my guns and saying that an animated Mario Pixar movie would be great.
  • Dadyo238 - October 19, 2012 10:42 p.m.

I know it only just came out, but a Dishonored movie would be fantastic! A badass assassin with awesome superpowers, a steampunk Victorian city, and a plague that threatens to wipe out the entire city! If that wouldn't make film history, I have officially lost my faith in humanity.
  • IceBlueKirby - October 19, 2012 10:21 p.m.

A Red Dead Redemption movie would be cool. I've never liked Westerns that much, but even so I'd pay all the money to see a RDR movie done right. Or just...done, really. Maybe have a dream sequence where Marston sees his family turn into zombies in a reference to Undead Nightmare or something.
  • J-Fid - October 19, 2012 10 p.m.

How about Pokemon? Oh wait...
  • captainyesterday - October 19, 2012 9:38 p.m.

Bioshock movie would be incredible!
  • ISychoGamerI - October 19, 2012 9:17 p.m.

A Portal movie would be cool to see pulse a min tf2 short by valve.
  • ISychoGamerI - October 19, 2012 9:19 p.m.

*plus
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 19, 2012 9:11 p.m.

Mario Kart. Because it would be awesome. Looks like the bad guy is gonna win and BOOM! Blue shell to finish the movie. Everyone would see it coming. So what's the twist? The bad guy isn't Bowser since it's a recreational Mario game. So who's the villain? Lakitu. Because until Mario Kart 7, he could never finish better than second place because he's always behind your cart. Naturally, he's bitter about it.
  • Jdub9064 - October 19, 2012 8:12 p.m.

A Bioshock directed by Guillermo del toro.....just watch Pans Labyrinth and imagine how crazy splicers and and big daddies would look in a movie with his crazy designs and set pieces.
  • Lurkero - October 19, 2012 7:47 p.m.

I still want to see a Mirror's Edge movie. The visuals would have a certain cinematic flare and the narrative would probably feel better in a 1.5 hour movie since it didn't work all that well in videogame format. Alternatively, a Pokemon Black/White movie wouldn't be bad either. I would want the movie to take the Pokemon imprisonment issue seriously though. Turn the Pokemon movie on its head. It was kind of touched on in the Lucario movie, but I want more detail.
  • adidasi - October 19, 2012 7:41 p.m.

haodj
  • MrHo11ywood360 - October 19, 2012 7:34 p.m.

I'd love a Mass Effect movie. Even though I know that if it did get made it'd be worse than Mass Effect 3.
  • CoruptAI125 - October 19, 2012 7:33 p.m.

Shadows of the Damned would be the best movie. Just make it a very campy horror movie that doesn't take itself to seriously, ala Cabin in the Woods. Get Joss Whedon to direct it and Suda 51 to consult on it.
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 19, 2012 7:24 p.m.

I'm still waiting on that Goddamn Uncharted Movie! But the Saints Row Franchise is a good fit for a Film. Just take West Side Story, take away the musical numbers, Set it in modern times and add giant purple Dildos and done :D
  • Cyberninja - October 19, 2012 6:53 p.m.

I say I would love to see Soulcalibur as a movie for a few simple reasons: 1. The games never had much in the way of a clear story except for SC5 but even then it was short and not very well put together. 2. The games have a lot of unique and interesting characters, so you could do a movie on anyone and still have a relevant story to tell since it isn't already defined well 3. Because the basis of Soulcalibur is a tale of two swords eternally retold it isn't restricted to predefined characters so it leaves the writers free to do whatever they want with the story. 4. Since Soulcalibur is a weapons based fighter it could be done live action or animated and still retain the feel of the games if it had characters using their signature moves 5. The movie could have a cameo from any character imaginable because a big feature of the games are the special guest characters who show up to do battle.